FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Posting wrong miles to Aeroplan
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:36 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Why the cardiac arrest over a mistake that will be corrected. If it changes your status or makes you miss the next e cert accumulation you can call AC and explain your situation. I have never seen them NOT react positively to a situation like that.
Fact is it was an IT screwup and it will be corrected. My bank has made them, very few admittedly, among other institutions I deal with so it does happen. We don't live in a perfect world. I'm sure that if the mistake was in your favour you wouldn't notify AC as statistics seem to indicate.

Will be corrected....that's a hopeful statement. Attention to detail should be there for any company that I deal with and while mistakes happen, AC and AE are more prone to them than any other airline I have dealt with over the years. The finger-pointing between the 2 companies is utterly ridiculous.

As far as not reporting an over-credit and your assumption, dead wrong. In fact, the last over crediting I received was from Starwood and the agent I spoke with twice said 'thank you for bringing it to our attention, but let's leave it as it is.'

When you report 'that everything is or will be fixed' to other FTers, when it clearly IS NOT, that's when people get irritated.

As I have said again and again here, AE sees itself simply as a clearing house for 'loyalty mileage' and even if they and AC are responsible for the ongoing IT errors, their agents have been instructed to point the finger back at the operating carriers. This should be a case study on how to piss off your loyal customers. @:-)