Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Club Registration

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Aer Club Registration

I have been trying since November to register on the Aer Club website having been an Aerlingus Gold Circle member for many years.
Each time I get to the end of the registration process I am told it was not possible to register at this time.
I have called the Aerlingus help desk on a number of occasions and been advised of various fixes including setting up an Avios account, changing my username and changing my password, without any success.
I have been told that it is not possible to contact Aerlingus IT by phone or email for help. There is no one to talk to about this other than the help desk who are useless.
Is there anyone else in this situation?
Can anyone help?
Many thanks
David
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
I think I can.

Instead of registering, just login to your gold circle account, or rather use your gold circle credentials to log in to the Aer Lingus site. I cannot recall exactly what happens next but it is along the lines of being force migrated to Aer Club, and asked to create a username for your Aer Club account.

You should at the far end of this (short but somewhat confusing) process find that you were in fact pre-registered for Aer Club back in November and your 250 avios will be waiting for you.

I did this myself just the other day so it should work for you. Please let us know if it does.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Exactly

If you had a GC account, log in using the email address and password

You then should be pushed to migrate

Things get funny if your username is already in use or the password on the EI site is not acceptable to the Avios site
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Aer club

Thank you.
I have tried that and still cannot complete the registration when as to complete my Aer Club details.
Where else can I migrate the registration?
When I go to my details in GC it recognises me but does not list my tier or Avios points.
David
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by dnss44
Thank you.
I have tried that and still cannot complete the registration when as to complete my Aer Club details.
Where else can I migrate the registration?
When I go to my details in GC it recognises me but does not list my tier or Avios points.
David
It sounds like an issue a few had and to be honest if you want a quick fix then set up a brand new account and join as a new member.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: SPG:Gold, IHG: Spire AMB, Marriott: Gold, HH: Diamond, EI: Concierge
They have too many big issues with Aer Club to deal with individual problems.

I find they just fob you off and never follow up, incredibly poor service, but it's been like that since launch.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I'm not sure if it's a related issue, but I had problems when migrating. The issue was due to the fact that the password for my long existing avios account did not match the new password requirements.

I had to log into my avios account, set the password to a new one that matched the new requirements, and then everything worked ok.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by dubal
They have too many big issues with Aer Club to deal with individual problems.

I find they just fob you off and never follow up, incredibly poor service, but it's been like that since launch.
This all results from the clamor from members get to the new program live and pushed out the door.

It was a lose lose situation from them in the end. Once they made promises expectations were created. Once deadlines started getting missed members started kicking off and this resulted in Aer Lingus giving in to the pressure and thus putting out a product that was barley viable.

The service levels were fine when it came to Gold Circle, the minute AerClub went live it all went pear shaped as perhaps naively they were not properly resourced to deal with the barrage of issues, that lets face it 5 months later are still persistent.

Aer Lingus management are soley to blame for all this in my eyes, not the lounge staff, call centers, twitter accounts, AerClub team, IT department etc.

Management have set them up for failure from day 1.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to you all.
Still no joy, I have changed my Avios password but still cannot register on Aer Club.
My deep frustration still lies in the fact that despite spending fortunes on weekly flights with Aer Lingus, there is no one who can help or take responsibility for this issue.
Cheers
D
Old May 22, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by tangey
I'm not sure if it's a related issue, but I had problems when migrating. The issue was due to the fact that the password for my long existing avios account did not match the new password requirements.

I had to log into my avios account, set the password to a new one that matched the new requirements, and then everything worked ok.
I have a similar issue. Was given assigned an Aer Club account number that is identical to my existing Avios account number. If I log into my Aer Club account, it tells me the username/password is incorrect and, if I reset, I get locked out of my Avios account even though the two have different details. Sometimes I get a message telling me to use the same login for both accounts; that doesn't work either.

What a mess!
Old May 23, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ajamieson
I have a similar issue. Was given assigned an Aer Club account number that is identical to my existing Avios account number. If I log into my Aer Club account, it tells me the username/password is incorrect and, if I reset, I get locked out of my Avios account even though the two have different details. Sometimes I get a message telling me to use the same login for both accounts; that doesn't work either.

What a mess!
Where to begin....

Being assigned the same number for both accounts I would consider a logical impossibility, since they are, at their core, both avios accounts. Major malfunction somewhere in all of that.

Moreover, the advice to "use the same login for both accounts..." seems to imply that the accounts are distinct, despite having identical numbers?

You mentioned that the two accounts have different details? Different how? I thought they were identical?

Take it up with avios instead of Aer Club? Get your original avios account sorted out first, and back to working order, and then apply for a new Aer Club account from scratch?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately we are unable to complete your registration.

I have tried now on three separate machines to join aerclub. It takes me through the full registration process, but then says
"Unfortunately we are unable to complete your registration."

Notwithstanding that there is a comma missing after the first word, does anyone have any idea why I might not be able to register?

I was a Gold Cirlce member many years ago, but I think that has long since lapsed.

Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
I am having very similar issues. My problem is an old Vueling account which was also force migrated to Avios without my knowledge a while back. Aerclub people told me to delete the Vueling account and then I should no longer get the error message 'This email address is already in use'.
Of course, that didn't work. I called Vueling to ask them to completely delete my email from their system, and they said this is not possible, but that in addition, I would not be able to sign up to an account again with my email address....
So now I'm stuck. I can't complete the Aer Club migration, and apparently there is no way to set it up with my email address. I am not going to invent a new email account simply for this purpose.
I guess I could try to see with Avios if there is something they could do, but Aer Club are no help at all in the whole thing and their team don't seem to know how to fix any of the problems.
Very disappointing overall.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Aer lingus twitter CS advised leaving out the space in UK postcodes. This meant I could finally register. They are still refusing to backdate my membership though. Missed out on a pile of tier points and miles.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by ajamieson

What a mess!

i was in a horrible cycle of repeatedly locked out avios and Aerclub accounts. It turns out the problem was that I was using two different passwords for the avios and Aerclub accounts, thinking they were two different accounts, when actually they are the same. I would reset password for one account but by co to Jing to use the old password on the other account, I locked myself out of both. Then I would reset password and the cycle would start again.

The trick is is to reset your password on one account. Then DO NOT reset password on the other one. Instead use the new password you just set for the other account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.