Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: FTL, A3*G
Hello,
If one gets upgrade for miles the boarding pass shows the award class which normally is nomiles class (eg. I), but m&m system can read the original class paid and updates miles account.

Is it the same in A3? I want to get upgrade for miles, but I fear that A3 system reads only the award class (no miles) and I will get nothing - which is important, because those are miles left for A3 Gold. Any experience on that matter? Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by iudex
Hello,
If one gets upgrade for miles the boarding pass shows the award class which normally is nomiles class (eg. I), but m&m system can read the original class paid and updates miles account.

Is it the same in A3? I want to get upgrade for miles, but I fear that A3 system reads only the award class (no miles) and I will get nothing - which is important, because those are miles left for A3 Gold. Any experience on that matter? Thanks!
You want to upgrade with M&M miles, probably the original miles will get credited to M&M even if you try to change to A3, based on previous information in this forum.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: FTL, A3*G
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
hi everyone. i searched Alaska but nothing popped up so thought i'd ask here.

I have a flight res I bought on United.com that somehow combines UA flights with AS flights. except the AS flights aren't listed as codeshare with UA flight number or anything. just straight up AS flight number which is quite odd.

anyways i plan on crediting the UA flights (K class) to A3.
I was wondering would I be able to do the same for the alaska segments too? its showing as (K class)

all accrual would be 500 mile since its under the min. but afraid if i put A3 FF# on the res, it won't credit since AS isn't a partner for *A as far as i know not to mention the flights aren't even coded as a UA flight number but only AS.

anyone run into similar situation? thanks in advance!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:39 am

You are absolutely correct in your assumptions, i.e. you'll get zero miles from the AS flights credited to your M&B account. And this, even if they were code-share with UA.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
You are absolutely correct in your assumptions, i.e. you'll get zero miles from the AS flights credited to your M&B account. And this, even if they were code-share with UA.
awesome! thanks for the quick reply. looks like i'll be entering my AA number for those flights then. not much mileage but better than zero. thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: FTL in M&M
Hi

Now we have an Windows 8.1 app, which will calculate, how many miles you will get . More information is available here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ows-8-1-a.html

Regards
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:11 pm

Question for the experts... if I am on a UA flight and want UA credit on the outbound and credit to A3 on the return, can I change my UA FF# to A3 after I fly the outbound? Or is that impossible/will screw everything up?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by bigmarley4
Question for the experts... if I am on a UA flight and want UA credit on the outbound and credit to A3 on the return, can I change my UA FF# to A3 after I fly the outbound? Or is that impossible/will screw everything up?
safest is retroclaim, but usually should be okay in the way you described

edit: except when the second FF is M&M
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by kanor
safest is retroclaim, but usually should be okay in the way you described

edit: except when the second FF is M&M
Thank you! Retroclaim is to not have a FF# and add M&B # after? Or to switch it from UA to A3 somehow after flying?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by bigmarley4
Thank you! Retroclaim is to not have a FF# and add M&B # after? Or to switch it from UA to A3 somehow after flying?
retroclaim is when you dont add an FF number to your reservation, but claim your miles online after the trip.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hello there,

I'm trying to do my run to the Aegean Gold status. When I'll reach it I will be able to have the Gold status and have 1 luggage more also on the other *A carriers.

The question is:
Can I have the the luggage also on the "Affiliated carriers" (e.g. Luxair, Air Dolomiti, ecc.)?
I already know I can't get miles on these flights but I'm wondering if I can spend my status on them.

best regards
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Hello there,

I'm trying to do my run to the Aegean Gold status. When I'll reach it I will be able to have the Gold status and have 1 luggage more also on the other *A carriers.

The question is:
Can I have the the luggage also on the "Affiliated carriers" (e.g. Luxair, Air Dolomiti, ecc.)?
I already know I can't get miles on these flights but I'm wondering if I can spend my status on them.

best regards
Ah yes I remember you Since you didnt believe me, you learned your EN lesson the hard way. The answer is yet again the same, no bennies on LG or EN. Except if its a wetlease of course. And I would say that if you are connecting from an LH/LX flight on an LH/LX ticket then they let you get the baggage benefits, but no lounge access.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by kanor
Ah yes I remember you Since you didnt believe me, you learned your EN lesson the hard way. The answer is yet again the same, no bennies on LG or EN. Except if its a wetlease of course. And I would say that if you are connecting from an LH/LX flight on an LH/LX ticket then they let you get the baggage benefits, but no lounge access.
Yes, it's me

And I come back again because I really don't well understand how does it works.

For example, If my trip consists in 4 legs and only one of them is on LH/LX (supposed the third one), can i still use the baggage benefit?

And what if I'm Senator on LH M&M? Am I able to get the luggage on LG or EN?

Thanks for your replies.....and for sure I will trust your answers this time

PS: Could you please define "wetlease"? I'm not an English mother tongue and I can't get the meaning
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Yes, it's me

And I come back again because I really don't well understand how does it works.

For example, If my trip consists in 4 legs and only one of them is on LH/LX (supposed the third one), can i still use the baggage benefit?

And what if I'm Senator on LH M&M? Am I able to get the luggage on LG or EN?

Thanks for your replies.....and for sure I will trust your answers this time

PS: Could you please define "wetlease"? I'm not an English mother tongue and I can't get the meaning
Wetlease is when airline XX pays airline YY money, so YY operates the flight that XX is supposed to operate with an XXxxxx flight number. This counts as a XX flight.
Codeshare is when airline XX is allowed to put its own flight number on a YY airline operated flight to sell tickets on it easily. So the flight ends up with a YYyyyy and XXxxxx flgiht number. This counts as a YY flight.

FTL with M&M gets an extra bag with M&M airlines so on EN and LG too.

Whats your 4leg trip exactly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.