Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General GS Discussions -- Post all "minor league" topics here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: US Silver, UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Email Registration Confirmation

Did anyone get one of these? I've only got screenshots of my "confirmed"registration on the registration page.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by RMINIONE
Sky Mall question-- Tried to submit an order through Sky Mall today, but can not get to the final submit screen-- Any thoiughts?
I had the same problem at first but figured it out: The "submit" button is cut off for some reason, but you can see the very top of it under credit card info. It's a display problem, but there's is a sliver to click on. That'll work.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NewArrival
I had the same problem at first but figured it out: The "submit" button is cut off for some reason, but you can see the very top of it under credit card info. It's a display problem, but there's is a sliver to click on. That'll work.
Thank you very much- it was very hard to see the submit button- it was as you say a sliver to click on-
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by nangress
I liked the idea of donating tickets and followed up and called the USO. Email tickets can be mailed to [email protected]
Thanks for contacting them -- I contacted them too and they sounded excited to put any and all donated tickets to good use.

I also contacted the folks at "CarolinaTix" and asked what the best procedure would be for "Will Call" tickets (e.g. like for the SlamCharlotte Poetry Slam)

This is what I was told the procedure should probably be:
--You buy the ticket
--You get a purchase confirmation (with confirmation #) by e-mail
--You send this confirmation number and message to the USO
--The USO then matches this donated ticket to a specific person
--The USO provides the name of this person to CarolinaTix
--CarolinaTix will make the ticket available for pickup by THAT person

(I assume E-Tickets would follow a similar procedure as Will Call Tickets)

Sounds like this will all go quite smoothly! I was waiting to hear back if they had a preferred e-mail at the USO, but that was already taken care of by Nangress. ^ So if you wish to donate your SlamCharlotte tickets (or any others) to the North Carolina USO, please send them to [email protected]. If I hear back from NC-USO that they want them sent elsewhere, I'll update this message.

Thanks and please spread the word to other Grand Slam SlamCharlotte ticket holders!

Last edited by Alumino; Sep 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gamecock
...how many miles above 100,000k did people earn?
I earned an extra 15,842 above the 100,000 from the Grand Slam itself.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:57 pm

So, I'm a lightweight and my goal here is 8 hits for 10k miles.

Once I get 8 hits, how long is it until the miles post? Do they wait until 11/14?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kilton

Once I get 8 hits, how long is it until the miles post? Do they wait until 11/14?

They post every two weeks starting 9/28. So when you get 4 hits, you'll get 3000 miles at the next posting date. Then 7000 more on the posting date following your 8th hit.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kilton
I too was once like kilton... way back in aught ten. But then you start looking at the increments....

1st Bonus = 3000 miles
2nd Bonus = 7000 miles
3rd Bonus = 5000 miles
4th Bonus = 10000 miles
5th Bonus = 10000 miles
6th Bonus = 10000 miles
7th Bonus = 15000 miles
8th Bonus = 20000 miles
9th Bonus = 20000 miles

"Hmmm... another 8 hits will get me to 25k miles"
then
"4 more after that gets me another 10k"

And at that point, it was time to buy flowers, cookies, trees, stickers for my phone, pocket wine guides, pen cartidges, etc.

So, don't give up hope. With the help of FlyerTalk, you'll be surprised at how far you can get for practically free. And for $100 you can get much farther.

Last edited by Alumino; Sep 15, 2011 at 2:11 pm
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
How can you confirm a hit actually went through? Does something show up on the US Airways site referring to that hit?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:51 am

Novice question about shopping mall

If you are using the toolbar for a search and that search is Amazon and the toolbar tells you that you get 1 mile per $1 spent and you immediately go on and buy from Amazon - does that count as a shopping mall hit? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nangress
If you are using the toolbar for a search and that search is Amazon and the toolbar tells you that you get 1 mile per $1 spent and you immediately go on and buy from Amazon - does that count as a shopping mall hit? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
I had the same question last night. Amazon posts within in a week from previous posts so we should know in plenty of time to correct errors if needed.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
How can you confirm a hit actually went through? Does something show up on the US Airways site referring to that hit?
I have the SAME question!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:50 am

Need to use us airways cc?

hi there. i'm new to this and just wondering about something that might be obvious to others. when booking rental cars, flights, hotels, etc., does one only receive hits when using a us airways credit card to purchase these things?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JordanJac
I have the SAME question!
No. Every two weeks (starting 9/28), you'll get miles posted if you've reached a new tier. That's the only way to tell if you've received hits. That said, most hits are 'sure' things - if you have miles posted from a 1800Flowers, OfficeMax, etc purchase, you got the hit. If a transfer from eMiles, eRewards, or hotel program shows, you got the hit. For those that may be questionable, you can do 3 sure hits and 1 questionble one and wait til 9/28 and see if you get the first bonus tier posted. Obviously you can manipulate this strategy to check moving forward.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by clen
when booking rental cars, flights, hotels, etc., does one only receive hits when using a us airways credit card to purchase these things?
The only hits that require use of the credit cards (or debit card) are the ones for, well, using the credit & debit cards. Put cars, hotels, online partner purchases etc. on whatever card you like.

N.B. There are no hits from "flights".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.