Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2021, 5:19 pm

I dug out my Guide to Benefits that came with my card. You must call within 90 days of the date of damage to file a claim. 844-252-7831 In the case of theft, a police report must also be filed within 48 hours of the theft. Coverage is limited to 2 claims of up to $600 per claim with a $50 deductible and $1000.00 total within a 12 month period.

Realistically, $600 may not do much if you trash your latest Apple or Samsung flagship, but even those phones depreciate enough that $600 could cover repair/replacement after their first year. It'll be interesting when or if Barclays fixes their multipliers with utility charges. If cell phone expenses ever qualify for 5X points, it'll sweeten the deal, but I don't mind forgoing rewards on other cards in exchange for a little peace of mind.

If you happen to have the new Chase Freedom Flex, that card offers 2 claims of up to $800, in a 12 month period, but the Earner Business card is a great value for $95 per year, if you are able to get approved. The screenshot was taken from the here: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...business-card/

AlexB and flyer4512 like this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Jan 24, 2021 at 1:43 pm
Old Jan 24, 2021, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I dug out my Guide to Benefits that came with my card. You must call within 90 days of the date of damage to file a claim. 844-252-7831 In the case of theft, a police report must also be filed within 48 hours of the theft. Coverage is limited to 2 claims of up to $600 per claim with a $50 deductible and $1000.00 total within a 12 month period.

Realistically, $600 may not do much if you trash your latest Apple or Samsung flagship, but even those phones depreciate enough that $600 could cover repair/replacement after their first year. It'll be interesting when or if Barclays fixes their multipliers with utility charges. If cell phone expenses ever qualify for 5X points, it'll sweeten the deal, but I mind forgoing rewards on other cards in exchange for a little peace of mind.

If you happen to have the new Chase Freedom Flex, that card offers 2 claims of up to $800, in a 12 month period, but the Earner Business card is a great value for $95 per year, if you are able to get approved. The screenshot was taken from the here: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...business-card/

I don't buy the latest and greatest , I have an IPHONE 8 that is almost 2 years old and does all I need it to so $600 is fine especially if it ends up as a utility paying 5x.

On another note, my statement my closed Friday 1/21 and as of today my points still have not posted to Wyndham, the account number on my statement is correct, do the points usually take longer than 3 days to post ? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
On another note, my statement my closed Friday 1/21 and as of today my points still have not posted to Wyndham, the account number on my statement is correct, do the points usually take longer than 3 days to post ? Thanks
My statement closes on the 9th and points have normally posted the same day, but if you've verified your account number is correct at: http://wyndhambusinesscard.com/
I wouldn't be too concerned and would wait a few more days. Good Luck.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

My statement closes on the 9th and points have normally posted the same day, but if you've verified your account number is correct at: Index Redirect
I wouldn't be too concerned and would wait a few more days. Good Luck.

Yes my Wyndham number is on the dashboard and also on my statement and it's correct.

I paid my balance Friday night 1/22 and I could have sworn I hit pay now but for some reason the payment is scheduled for Monday 1/25 so maybe they don't process anything on the weekends ? Seems odd but I know I did not pick Monday as a payment date unless it was defaulted and I missed it.

Thanks

One thing I don't like about this card is is seems you have to call about any issues rather than email, SM, etc.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:08 pm

I just noticed that the points from my first statement took a little longer to post than points from subsequent statements. I also hit the $1000 spend requirement before my first statement posted. I'm not sure if that applies to you, but hopefully everything will show up later this week. I also wish Barclays allowed business cards to be managed with their mobile app, and I agree that it would be nice to have a chat or SM option instead of having to call, but considering the benefits of the card, I won't complain too much....
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I just noticed that the points from my first statement took a little longer to post than points from subsequent statements. I also hit the $1000 spend requirement before my first statement posted. I'm not sure if that applies to you, but hopefully everything will show up later this week. I also wish Barclays allowed business cards to be managed with their mobile app, and I agree that it would be nice to have a chat or SM option instead of having to call, but considering the benefits of the card, I won't complain too much....

Yes I'm waiting on 46K plus points..............I'll give it until Friday , thanks

I just logged into Wyndham and it shows I get a 10% points discount as a Earner card holder so my account info @ Barclay must be correct

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 25, 2021 at 3:41 pm
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexB
No, the statement does not break out the 5x and 8x charges. It really should, but alas.

Don't assume your Spectrum didn't qualify as a utility. You may have the same problem I'm having, that no utilities are receiving the 5x. I spoke with Barclays yesterday...they still haven't resolved the problem, but the rep acknowledged that others have reported the same issue of not receiving the 5x on utilities.

Looks like the 5X utilities issue may be cleared up, I have charged $128 for utilities ( my only charge) this statement and it shows that I have earned 1562 points so far this month.

Obviously $128 isn't going to earn that many points so I went back to last statement, if I add my Spectrum Cell and cable bill to the $128 it comes out as 1562 points.

I still haven't received the points from my first statement which closed 1/21 but I'll give it a few more days as I do see a 10% discount when paying with points @ Wyndham because I have the Earner credit card so they have my account info correct.

Thanks for all the help everyone gave me, I'll post again when my points are added to my account so others will have an idea how long it may take for the points to post to Wyndham from the first statement.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 26, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:53 pm

Some may already be aware, but because the Business Earner Card is a Visa Business Card, you are eligible to register here:

https://www.visasavingsedge.com/

Some of the offers/discounts are OK, but it'll allow you to earn an additional 4% back as a statement credit when staying at Wyndham properties.

You can also earn a 2% statement credit on Chevron gas purchases, but I haven't been able to formally test either of these.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Data Point................My First statement on the Business Earner card closed 1/21............45k plus spend posted today (1/26)
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:23 pm

Looks like the 5X utilities issue may be cleared up, I have charged $128 for utilities ( my only charge) this statement and it shows that I have earned 1562 points so far this month.

Obviously $128 isn't going to earn that many points so I went back to last statement, if I add my Spectrum Cell and cable bill to the $128 it comes out as 1562 points.
After you posted, I made a $10 payment on my Sprint (now Tmobile) account to see what would happen. My statement closed tonight and I only earned 10 points, not 50, but I am more inclined to think that normal cell phone spend is not treated as a utility. You're lucky because your cell provide and cable provider are the same and cable must fall under utilities.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

After you posted, I made a $10 payment on my Sprint (now Tmobile) account to see what would happen. My statement closed tonight and I only earned 10 points, not 50, but I am more inclined to think that normal cell phone spend is not treated as a utility. You're lucky because your cell provide and cable provider are the same and cable must fall under utilities.
The only charges going on this card are gas and ( what I hope are) utilities so when my next ( statement #2 ) cuts I'll post which utility company and what it earned, hopefully they are all 5X
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Statement number 2 cut yesterday and I can't figure out the points. For statement number 3 I'm going to just charge gas and my $42 cell phone bill to see if it makes more sense.

My bill was $400.93 and I earned 1699 points

$125.26 was Costco Gas so at 8 X that's 1002 points

$42 for my cell billed by Spectrum

$233.67 to my electric company

Wyndham earnings breaks it down as follows

02/23/21 Barclays Earning Partner 170
02/23/21 Barclays Marketing, Advertising, Utilities Earning Partner 527
02/23/21 Barclays Accelerated Earning Partner 1,002

I can't figure out how I earned 1699 points, the only thing I can think of is last months earning on the Wyndham website did not show any points for Barclays Marketing, Advertising, Utilities Earning Partner so maybe part of the 527 I earned this month is an adjustment.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 25, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:34 am

Statement number 2 cut yesterday and I can't figure out the points. For statement number 3 I'm going to just charge gas and my $42 cell phone bill to see if it makes more sense.

My bill was $400.93 and I earned 1699 points

$125.26 was Costco Gas so at 8 X that's 1002 points

$42 for my cell billed by Spectrum

$233.67 to my electric company

Wyndham earnings breaks it down as follows

02/23/21 Barclays Earning Partner 170
02/23/21 Barclays Marketing, Advertising, Utilities Earning Partner 527
02/23/21 Barclays Accelerated Earning Partner 1,002

I can't figure out how I earned 1699 points, the only thing I can think of is last months earning on the Wyndham website did not show any points for Barclays Marketing, Advertising, Utilities Earning Partner so maybe part of the 527 I earned this month is an adjustment.
Thanks for posting. I'm going to make some assumptions, and my intent is not to pry, but hopefully figure out how Barclays codes their purchases.

Gas purchases are a known quantity, and I haven't read many complaints, if any, on those purchases coding incorrectly.
I am also going to assume that your cell phone bill is coding correctly at 5X because Charter/Spectrum is considered a cable company,

1699 total points - 1002 points for $125.26 gas = $275.67 (400.93-125.26) and 697 points (1699 total - 1002) remaining.
527 points from utilities/5= $105.40 in total utility spend.

$42 of that utility spend represents your cell phone. $42 x 5=210 points
$105.40 utility spend - $42 cell phone = $63.40 for other utilities and (63.40 x 5) 317 points.

You paid $233.67 to your electric company. It looks like Barclays coded $63.40 of that spend as 5X and $170.00 of that spend as 1X

You don't have to share if you would prefer not to, but do you pay your electric bill in different ways, part of it through a website and part through a mobile app? Or, is that $233.67 electric spend for a mix of residential and commercial properties?

I don't know if you have any Amex cards, but Amex has been offering a lot of dining/airline incidental credits on some of their cards and sometimes putting the charge through on the merchant's desktop site will code differently than on a mobile app. Both charges are going to the same company, but one gets reimbursed via an Amex credit and the other doesn't. Good luck.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for posting. I'm going to make some assumptions, and my intent is not to pry, but hopefully figure out how Barclays codes their purchases.

Gas purchases are a known quantity, and I haven't read many complaints, if any, on those purchases coding incorrectly.
I am also going to assume that your cell phone bill is coding correctly at 5X because Charter/Spectrum is considered a cable company,

1699 total points - 1002 points for $125.26 gas = $275.67 (400.93-125.26) and 697 points (1699 total - 1002) remaining.

$105.40 utility spend - $42 cell phone = $63.40 for other utilities and (63.40 x 5) 317 points.

You paid $233.67 to your electric company. It looks like Barclays coded $63.40 of that spend as 5X and $170.00 of that spend as 1X

You don't have to share if you would prefer not to, but do you pay your electric bill in different ways, part of it through a website and part through a mobile app? Or, is that $233.67 electric spend for a mix of residential and commercial properties?

I don't know if you have any Amex cards, but Amex has been offering a lot of dining/airline incidental credits on some of their cards and sometimes putting the charge through on the merchant's desktop site will code differently than on a mobile app. Both charges are going to the same company, but one gets reimbursed via an Amex credit and the other doesn't. Good luck.

I paid all the bills in full with the Wyndham card on the merchants website.

The $233 and change is 2 months of my residential electric bill with the same company.

Next month I'm only charging gas and my cell bill so that should help narrow it down.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:38 am
Original Poster

I received a letter today from Barclay stating I did not receive the correct amount of points. No other details were given.

It says the corrected points will show up in 1-2 billing cycles,.
AlexB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.