Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
It actually is the same promotion that had been emailed out. The dates on the mailed out version are later because it arrived later to members then the email had, however it is the same promotion.
I was targeted by email back in August and didn't take advantage of it. Can I do it now?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by cutnana
I was targeted by email back in August and didn't take advantage of it. Can I do it now?
Sure. Despite what an Internet forum might tell you, the terms and conditions of Wyndham's own website explicitly state that anybody with a valid Wyndham Rewards account can take advantage of this promo. Right here:

To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between 9/12/12 and 12/31/12 and complete their hotel stays by 1/3/13 (the “Promotion Period”).
Unless these terms are modified between now and when I booked (i.e. unless there is a time machine around here somewhere), I intend to receive my points and so should you.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Thanks for the reply. Based on the webpage that is located at https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...kmem:us:revere - there is absolutely nothing stating that there is any sort of targeting for this promotion. You may want to have it updated to explicitly state it.

As well, I have booked non-refundable stays on my account and I certainly don't intend to NOT receive these points regardless of whether I am able to make my trip or not - I appreciate your agreement with this interpretation of the terms and conditions which are pretty clearly stated at that link as of the time of this writing
I also booked nonrefundable rates, for the bonus. I hope at least I can cancel them .
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by zig2
I also booked nonrefundable rates, for the bonus. I hope at least I can cancel them .
I'm pretty sure they will happily cancel them for you since the alternative would be a long fight to get your points which probably nobody wants.

That said, I'm sure Wyndham will do the right thing, award the points to those who booked ahead, and amend the terms and conditions to make this promo what they claim we were supposed to have guessed to be (how in the world are we supposed to know it's targeted????????)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
This is not in the terms and conditions on the web page on Wyndham's own website, which reads:

To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between 9/12/12 and 12/31/12 and complete their hotel stays by 1/3/13 (the “Promotion Period”).
If you are going to change the terms and conditions NOW, it is only fair that you honour bookings made prior to those terms changing. Otherwise, it is unfair for people, including myself, who have booked nonrefundable rooms based on Wyndham's terms and conditions.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by erasmus99
This is not in the terms and conditions on the web page on Wyndham's own website, which reads:

If you are going to change the terms and conditions NOW, it is only fair that you honour bookings made prior to those terms changing. Otherwise, it is unfair for people, including myself, who have booked nonrefundable rooms based on Wyndham's terms and conditions.
I didn't even understand that first part I was like, "first promo? second promo? what? I only see one promo on that interwebscreen link and I intend to get those points." Heh.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:55 am

What I actually don't understand is why they even care. After all, a number of these bookings will be for phantom stays - not everyone is actually going to go out of their way to stay in one of these out-of-the-way properties. Since their own T&Cs explicitly state that no-shows still qualify for points (https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...r/terms.action, section "B. Earning at Participating Hotels, Participating Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (WH&R) Properties and Participating Hawthorn® Suites by Wyndham Properties", paragraph 8), then why don't they just credit the points? They don't even have to fly people, feed people, or clean the rooms. Hell - I'm sure if they publicly reached out and said "guys, whoever isn't staying, please contact us - so we don't hire additional staff for our pseudo-booked-up hotels" - I'm sure we would all be more than willing to.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:05 pm

My family and I have booked prepaid, non-refundable rates at participating Wyndham properties. It was and still is clearly indicated that the member has to be active and book during the dates mentioned, all of which have been complied with.

If the T&C will be changed or I will not receive my 16k points per stay I feel severely cheated by Wyndham!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by tiger302
My family and I have booked prepaid, non-refundable rates at participating Wyndham properties. It was and still is clearly indicated that the member has to be active and book during the dates mentioned, all of which have been complied with.

If the T&C will be changed or I will not receive my 16k points per stay I feel cheated by Wyndham.
I'll certainly phone Amex and request chargebacks on all of the stays if I don't get my points. If you buy physical goods and they do not get delivered, you have grounds for a chargeback. I would think that if you book under the terms of a certain promotion and do not receive your points based on some vague counter-interpretation, that it would qualify for non-receipt of goods/services.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

First part were for members who were targeted through email and the dates for that part were August 6, 2012 to October 6, 2012 and completed by October 9, 2012.

Second part is for member's who were targeted through direct mail. Dates for this part are 9/12/12 to 12/31/12 and completed by 1/3/13.

To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
You people have GOT to get proofreaders for your offers. You have GOT to get every detail exactly right before you send it out. You need to hire someone from this board to go over your stuff before you disseminate. We see loopholes instantly.

This is not like the old days. A good offer like this goes out to hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people on the Internet in 30 minutes. Now we and you get to waste even more time canceling reservations.

Pass this along to your bosses.

Not that any other hotel/airline/car rental company is any better.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Here is what ANOTHER supervisor told me!

OK... I got really ticked after being given information yesterday, then today and then more conflicting info from the Wyndham rep on here. Not only in what she/he posted on here for everyone to see, but also what I was sent in a private message....

I called Wyndham again and spoke to a rep. This rep once again told me that the promo is open to ANYONE booking through the link. She said this one is not targeted like the other. I made her aware that I was getting different answers and even read her what our "Wyndham" rep posted on here. I had her let me talk to a supervisor directly.

The supervisor was well aware of the issues. She once again said the other offer was "targeted" but this offer in now open to anyone who books their rooms using the link that was on the website. They call it the "revere" promotion (not sure why) but that is their internal promotion name.

She confirmed to me it was not their intention to make this available to everyone...but that because of "behind the scenes" reasons that anyone who books through the link will receive the 16K points.

I have 2 non-refundable reservations and she was happy to make notes on my account stating she had talked to me and confirmed that I would receive the promotion for those stays since I had booked them through the link.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
OK... I got really ticked after being given information yesterday, then today and then more conflicting info from the Wyndham rep on here. Not only in what she/he posted on here for everyone to see, but also what I was sent in a private message....

I called Wyndham again and spoke to a rep. This rep once again told me that the promo is open to ANYONE booking through the link. She said this one is not targeted like the other. I made her aware that I was getting different answers and even read her what our "Wyndham" rep posted on here. I had her let me talk to a supervisor directly.

The supervisor was well aware of the issues. She once again said the other offer was "targeted" but this offer in now open to anyone who books their rooms using the link that was on the website. They call it the "revere" promotion (not sure why) but that is their internal promotion name.

She confirmed to me it was not their intention to make this available to everyone...but that because of "behind the scenes" reasons that anyone who books through the link will receive the 16K points.

I have 2 non-refundable reservations and she was happy to make notes on my account stating she had talked to me and confirmed that I would receive the promotion for those stays since I had booked them through the link.
Thanks for posting this - it is appreciated.

I booked a stay at one hotel last night and it was manually cancelled this morning after I didn't show up. I'll be sure to phone the hotel and demand they honour the one I just made again today
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
[QUOTE=Wyndham Rewards 2;19520420]Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

Since this is not a term and condition of the offer (and still isnt today), I expect Wyndham to either (1) award points of all current bookings or (2) allow all nonrefundable reservations to be canceled without penalty.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:43 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Looks like they've changed the T&C's to (somewhat) indicate this is targeted.

To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012.(the “Promotion Period”). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after October 9, 2012 will not be counted towards the Promotion. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For a full list of the 20 participating properties click here. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account.
That's the previous promo that already finished. Do not confuse us!

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...kmem:us:revere

This still has the previous phrasing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.