Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Comfy/Stylish flats for walking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfy/Stylish flats for walking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Well, if you can give a little on "stylish" I highly recommend SAS Huarache or Trio sandals. I have both (not in the Grandma colors!) and can walk for hours in them, including on rough paving. I also have wide feet, incorrectly healed breaks and a bone spur, so you can take it from me these things do "comfortable" really well.

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_st...og.php?catid=4

(yes, I know a few of those styles are hideous, but not all! )
I have had a couple of pairs of the SAS Duo over the years. Very comfortable, I too have walked for hours in them, including once in New Orleans where I took a pair out of the box directly into my suitcase, and then wore them for a 10 hour walk without any kind of break-in and without getting a single blister.

Not on the page that CDTraveler linked, but on the 'What's new' page, there is a pair of sandals (Strippy) that look like they might have a little bit of a wedge heel on them.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Well, if you can give a little on "stylish" I highly recommend SAS Huarache or Trio sandals.
I love the Trio. I walked all over Paris in those for days on end. They really are a comfort sandal........not real pretty but not that homely either.

Bobette
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:43 pm

San Diego 1K put me on to Arcopedicos. I had never heard of them before. I recently ordered 2 pair and one has arrived. These shoes are SO comfortable. You can wear them as sandal-type shoes but, because it has a knit upper, it really could pass for a little dressy with nice slacks. I know this thread is about walking shoes and I believe these shoes could qualify because of the sturdy, but light-weight, sole.

I got lucky because I hit it on a 20% off day so I got them for about $50.00.

Bobette
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA
I've been watching shoes all afternoon. Zappos' map is awesome for seeing what other folks are buying across America. The interesting thing for me is seeing the same funky shoes bought simultaneously in Boise and LA.

It also has the benefit of displaying shoes that you might not have seen or considered. When you click on the photo image, it takes you to the description of that particular shoe. Pretty handy!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:35 pm

I finally decided on the Ecco Yarrah. So comfortable, yet looks good. I wore them shopping all day to break in...no break in was really necessary. I didn't even take them off when I got home--just wore them the rest of the day. Really happy with this choice. I think they'll be great this summer.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Ah, here are the Circa Joan and Davids I was talking about, although they don't show the pewter. Pretty comfortable so far, although I haven't tried them out for serious city walking yet.
And I went back and bought them in black patent, too.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

Calcifer, are those the pewter shoes I saw in Kansas City? If so, I wouldn't have guessed that they were comfy shoes. They came down on pretty girly shoes more.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Calcifer, are those the pewter shoes I saw in Kansas City? If so, I wouldn't have guessed that they were comfy shoes. They came down on pretty girly shoes more.
Yeah, I guess it's where you fall on the cute vs. comfy spectrum; I may be on the shallow end. I think they're a good balance of cute and comfy, but I'm sure there are people who'd like a little more support than these provide.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Owlchick
I've been watching shoes all afternoon. Zappos' map is awesome for seeing what other folks are buying across America. The interesting thing for me is seeing the same funky shoes bought simultaneously in Boise and LA.

It also has the benefit of displaying shoes that you might not have seen or considered. When you click on the photo image, it takes you to the description of that particular shoe. Pretty handy!
Tracy,

I just sent this off to some of the women on my working group. I love interesting and new mapping applications.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lalala
I just sent this off to some of the women on my working group. I love interesting and new mapping applications.
Awesome! And I found out via Facebook that someone I know knows someone who worked on it.

Small world, this internets!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
FWIW, Cole Haan is having a honking sale. 30% off sale prices and free ground shipping.

Not bad. I picked up a pair of shoes for 76 bucks with tax. They are still 178 bucks on zappos.com.

Sale through April 13th.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I succumbed and bought Arcopedico N17's this week. I have a slightly bulkier Arcopedico shoe that has been my workhorse shoe for all trips when I need a closed toe walking shoe. I wanted a slightly lighter/dressier shoe for a trip where I've got an overnight stop in winter weather, but much of the time will be in the tropics. I'm really pleased with it.

The shoe only comes in European sizes, so the equivalent to 5/6/7/8/9 etc. Generally I would want a half size. I found the shoe to run a bit large, so the size down worked best for me.

I have the worst feet in the world--short, wide, high instep, and extremely blister prone. After reading your posts about the brand, I tried a pair of Arcopedico's from Zappos in a different style (Queen II). I'm amazed at how comfortable they are. I'm very grateful to you for mentioning them, as I thought I'd run out of things to try.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I'll put in my vote for the J-41 Aquarius as a comfy shoe. I have two pair of them and am thinking of getting a third color. I like that the straps are very adjustable. I shattered my left fibula and dislocated my left tibia 18 months ago. It left my left ankle a lot larger than my right one. I'm not yet able to wear any kind of heel, so I'm living in flats now. The Aquarius has done me well in all of my situations. They are great for travel - they look good with shorts, jeans, pants, and dresses.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 3:18 pm

Just got my Cole Haan juliette's yesterday. They look remarkably like my privos hammocks I just bought and kill me after a few hours, but much classier and appear as if they will be much more comfortable.

Cole Haan has extended their F&F sale until 4/20 with free shipping. I'm going to pick up another pair in red (I know, shut up) ==178 to 76 with tax and what not.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:31 pm

footsmart.com will give you 15% off with CODE: WG23SHIP. They sell a wide variety of shoes. I called to order and told the CSR that I got free shipping last time and they offered me the free shipping along with the 15% off.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.