Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Comfy/Stylish flats for walking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfy/Stylish flats for walking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 6:49 pm

Has anyone ever bought any of the high heeled Geox? I'm curious as to whether they are comfortable or not. Sometimes when traveling for work, I really need a heeled shoe (they look better with suits), but I just can't tolerate wearing uncomfortable heels.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MrMan
Does Stylish and flats ever go together? Your in Paris!!!! The French will stop you at the boarder. Get those stelletos going and be stylish, get oogled, to hell with the pain!!!!! Your only in Paris a few times in your life. Live!
How do you deal with the restrictiveness of stilettos when you wear them, MrMan?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Well said!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Does Stylish and flats ever go together? Your in Paris!!!! The French will stop you at the boarder. Get those stelletos going and be stylish, get oogled, to hell with the pain!!!!! Your only in Paris a few times in your life. Live!
...?

I just got back from 4 days in Paris and wore my danskos every freaking day, shopped in twee boutiques and stayed at the Park Hyatt. I saw tons of women wearing flats and running shoes.

I wore flats one lunch at Joel Robuchon. I changed back to my danksos to walk back to my hotel.

lala
Old Mar 4, 2009, 8:53 pm

I love Clarks' Privo shoes. Most of their flats have rubber soles and very comfortable. I have a pair of closed toe sandals that I wear when traveling to big cities, keep the grime and dirt at bay.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by b1513
I'm patiently awaiting SanDiego1K's shoe report on her Arcopedico
They have been great. They have been extremely comfortable, have conformed to my feet well, and have given good support.

I am going to get the insole tacked down in the toe area. I don't wear hose/socks, so the top of the insole has been a bit too easy to come out when I remove my foot.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
They have been great. They have been extremely comfortable, have conformed to my feet well, and have given good support.

I am going to get the insole tacked down in the toe area. I don't wear hose/socks, so the top of the insole has been a bit too easy to come out when I remove my foot.

SD 1K, is the leather on the top of the shoe a light weight leather? I'm assuming they had a sole hard enough for the cobblestones of Paris. I love the way that these shoes look on Zappos. They look comfortable. I'm going to order a pair.

Bobette
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Ah, here are the Circa Joan and Davids I was talking about, although they don't show the pewter. Pretty comfortable so far, although I haven't tried them out for serious city walking yet.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:19 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Ah, here are the Circa Joan and Davids I was talking about, although they don't show the pewter. Pretty comfortable so far, although I haven't tried them out for serious city walking yet.
Oooooh . . . I like those. Thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Paris is also the home of the Repetto boutique, which makes the world's softest ballerina flats (no support, alas) and is ALWAYS mobbed (and those Parisiennes are not buying pointe shoes). Flats are tres chic.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 6:48 pm

[QUOTE=youreadyfreddie;11355001] soles felt as though they were "burned" and very tender.

I decided that burning I experienced was from being allergic to the material of the shoe soles. I no longer buy New Balance or Clark's, have no problems with the black sole material from Taryn Rose, Teva, ...

Sylvia
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:50 am

Sturdy, stylish and cool?

Going to Europe in the summer. I really prefer sandals in the warm weather, but from previous experience know that those can be impractical for lots of walking, especially on cobblestones/uneven sidewalks.

What's the best for warm/hot weather that is sturdy and stylish? I like the looks of the Merrill Circuit MJ Breeze and the Geox D Chat Ballerina.

Also need something not too flat--a small heel really helps during a full day of walking. Maybe the Cole Haan Alexis Air MJ.

I'm afraid I expect too much. Also, really watching the baggage weight, but considering taking 2 pairs of day shoes to alternate plus reasonable heels for night.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Leyla A
Prada also makes a lesser expensive "sport" line that is made for walking (i know, it is Prada, how less expensive could it be) BUT they also have a 1.5" pump, an all day heel, with a very soft rubber sole. So, if you're looking for style and comfort, Prada's sport line is your best bet.
I love Prada Sport - they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and stylish as well.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by fishingcarlos
Going to Europe in the summer. I really prefer sandals in the warm weather, but from previous experience know that those can be impractical for lots of walking, especially on cobblestones/uneven sidewalks.

What's the best for warm/hot weather that is sturdy and stylish? I like the looks of the Merrill Circuit MJ Breeze and the Geox D Chat Ballerina.
Well, if you can give a little on "stylish" I highly recommend SAS Huarache or Trio sandals. I have both (not in the Grandma colors!) and can walk for hours in them, including on rough paving. I also have wide feet, incorrectly healed breaks and a bone spur, so you can take it from me these things do "comfortable" really well.

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_st...og.php?catid=4

(yes, I know a few of those styles are hideous, but not all! )

One, one other thought: velcro sandals are not good for prolonged walking IME. They're hotter, and sometimes the velcro "gives" and you get the sandal flopping against your foot.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 4:08 am

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
I only wear shoes which I buy at Integra Nusshof AG in Switzerland or at Comfortschuh in Germany. There are several shops in Switzerland, but only one in Germany. You can order as well; however, I am not sure about delivery outside of Switzerland or Germany.

The offer in Germany and Switzerland is the same. Since about 10 years, I am basically living in these shoes and cannot do without. They are great for walking and accompany me on every trip, business or private. Yes, they are pricy, but even look good after many years. I am still wearing a pair of which I bought 8 years ago and have used very often since. Since they are so enduring, I do not need many. Also, I love red shoes and am very grateful for their large offer.

Maybe this is useful for travellers to Germany and Switzerland.

QMConsultant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.