Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know how/where to buy European beauty products in the US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know how/where to buy European beauty products in the US?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Originally Posted by Punki
While in Frankfurt last month, I bought some Loreal Elvital shampoo and conditioner. It is absolutely amazing. So good, in fact, that I am contemplating a trip back to FRA to load up a suitcase.

Punki, I decided to find this product while I was in England over the weekend. This trip was nonstop work for me, so I had no time for shopping and I was in a little village outside of Manchester where they shopping opportunities were slim anyway. I landed Friday morning, set up my booth, and then set out on foot to find a store. By then, it was late afternoon and the local Moss store was closed but there was a supermarket open and I found the shampoo. Ah-ha, success.

Next morning I discover the my room doesn't have a shower. This is in the local Inn, and the rooms do have showers, but this one looked like it had been broken off ages ago. So I'm in the tub using the tiny bathroom glass to trickle water over my head and I grab the shampoo....which turns out not to be shampoo, but conditioner. Oops, now I've bought the wrong product and have applied conditioner to already limp, not clean hair. I rinse and rinse and rinse with that tiny glass, but you can imagine how successful that operation was. Oh well, these things happen.

Two days later after non stop work I'm in the airport and there is a Boots! Happiness comes again because they have the shampoo. If I can ever drum up the energy to climb into the shower this morning I'm going to get to try your much loved shampoo!
Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Ebay!

Give it a whirl! It seems to have everything...even beauty wise.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Ooooooooh, I am so happy. njvj, you are so wonderful.

A FedEx package containing two Elnett Hairsprays arrived at my office last week while I was gone, courtesy of njvj.

Now I love FlyerTalk even more than I used to.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 1:27 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
Punki, I was shopping today & found your shampoo at Big W. It's a shop not unlike Target, Kmart etc. So....do you still need some? Do you want me to purchase same & meet you at the airport??? I'm considering going to the Ozfest do just to swan in & present the shampoo to you!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: DL UA
"Ooooooooh, I am so happy. njvj, you are so wonderful.

A FedEx package containing two Elnett Hairsprays arrived at my office last week while I was gone, courtesy of njvj.

Now I love FlyerTalk even more than I used to. "

Punki, My pleasure. It's always nice to make some one happy ; especially when it is easily accomplished.
Old May 5, 2005, 6:26 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Just had my husband pick up Elvive ( two bottles of conditioner and two of shampoo) in Boots on Friday. Tried it twice this week. Conditioner makes my hair feel so silky in shower. When I blew dry ( is it blew dry or blowed dried - I never know) my hair it felt great and wasn't frizzy.

Thanks Punki!! And by the way enjoy your retreat next week!
Old May 20, 2005, 2:22 pm

Thumbs up Stuff from home

contact [email protected] ( www.expatboxes.com ) as they also ship that kinda stuff all round the world !
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
Hi, I'm pretty new around here am have been reading with interest your love of L'Oreal's Elvive shampoo and Elnett hairspray. I've been using these products, taking them for granted and not realising we have special toiletries in Europe.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if anybody is having trouble with a favourite European beauty product feel free to PM me and I'll try and help you out and send it to you. I know there are internet sites, but they don't have a full selection. Since I live in the UK I find it easy to get the stuff at the supermarket or Boots. And it is quite often on BOGOF (buy one get one free) or BTGOF (Buy two get one free). And you never know, you might me able to send me some zipped Ziplock bags in return (something I can't find in the UK anymore).

flyingbee
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:04 am

Thumbs up

Hi

www.expatboxes.com on [email protected] have a good name for sourcing and delivering worldwide those hard to find UK and US products, particularly Nestle !

(QUOTE=flyingbee]Hi, I'm pretty new around here am have been reading with interest your love of L'Oreal's Elvive shampoo and Elnett hairspray. I've been using these products, taking them for granted and not realising we have special toiletries in Europe.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if anybody is having trouble with a favourite European beauty product feel free to PM me and I'll try and help you out and send it to you. I know there are internet sites, but they don't have a full selection. Since I live in the UK I find it easy to get the stuff at the supermarket or Boots. And it is quite often on BOGOF (buy one get one free) or BTGOF (Buy two get one free). And you never know, you might me able to send me some zipped Ziplock bags in return (something I can't find in the UK anymore).

flyingbee[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Today I received a box of Elnett hairspray from auravita.com

It is wonderful to finally have another stash. It costs me slightly more to ship the stuff than it does to buy it.

I need to start packing more of this stuff home when I fly to Europe. With shampoo, conditioner and hairspray, I could fill a whole extra suitcase.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
FTers to the rescue!!

I just received a package from one of my Canadian FT friends which contained Ombrelle with Mexoryl. ^^ With paypal paying for it was a snap and it arrived pretty quickly. I was able to find it on Ebay, but at ridiculous prices. I was also concerned I would get the US version without the Mexoryl.

My very fair skin husband will be trying it out shortly.

Canada seems to be a pretty good source for many European products as well.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: US 3
It really is essentially the same thing as the L'Oreal Vive-I say this based on experience. The Vive comes in several different "flavors" so you might just have to figure out the right one. Also, the water in Europe is different, so that could be a contributing factor to the Vive seeming different over there.

Also, some CVS's now carry Boots products. My husband's colleagues think he's crazy because whenever he goes to London, he must stop by a Boots to pick up gifts for me.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 12:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I have tried the Vive and it is very different. Loreal has also confirmed that the formula is quite different for both the shampoo and the conditioner and, especially, the Elnett hairspray which is the absolute best. I was first turned on to the hairspray years ago by a hairstylist who told me that he begged and bribed his friends to bring him back a suitcase full every time they went to Europe. I swear by the stuff.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:15 am

Programs: US 3
I think you can't get the Elnett here because it contains hydroflorocarbons or some such thing....I've heard a lot of people of are addicted to it (the hairspary, not the chemicals)
Old Oct 9, 2005, 1:06 pm

I am from the US but live very close to the Canadian boarder. I'm just curious about your friend - does she have european beauty products shipped into Canada, and then drives them across the boarder, or does she just buy them in Canada? Curious - thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.