Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Periodic Random Fashion Report - NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Periodic Random Fashion Report - NYC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gretchendz
LOL even though I have pierced ears, I cannot recall the last time I wore earrings. In fairness, though, I am retired Come to think of it, the holes may have closed up...
It was a little tricky getting in earrings this week, probably if I'd waited much longer the holes would have closed up.
gretchendz and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:32 pm

Pro tip - if they won’t go through front to back easily, start by using a straight post to go back to front. In my experience there a much more distinct dimple at the back that guides the post through and you can see what you are doing better.

Once you have done that, front to back is much much easier.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
My mom - a nurse - pierced my ears at home bc she and her mom both have contact dermatitis and she didn't want the Claire's nickel earrings. So my left ear pierce is wonky - so it's been difficult to get earrings in the past few years, not wearing them every day. Oh well. Moms 🤪
gretchendz likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
My mom - a nurse - pierced my ears at home bc she and her mom both have contact dermatitis and she didn't want the Claire's nickel earrings. So my left ear pierce is wonky - so it's been difficult to get earrings in the past few years, not wearing them every day. Oh well. Moms 🤪
Mine was done in a jewelry shop, the local place where my Dad bought nice things for my Mom. But it was the jeweler's son, barely past apprenticeship that did it, and even with the piercing gun, one is a little "off".
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
LOL

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I was really brave (or stupid) mine were done by an RN who happened to be my husband's former girlfriend! One always a little off kilter though
CDTraveler and Hoyaheel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.