Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Service 737NGs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by cirrusdragoon
I wonder what Air Canada , which sells and offers true J business class service in the front of their mainline narrow-body fleet , is offering to their J pax?
This post has a couple photos - looks like a wrap and a salad. It's not much better.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32818957-post522.html
Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
I wonder what Air Canada , which sells and offers true J business class service in the front of their mainline narrow-body fleet , is offering to their J pax?
I don't see much of a difference in the seats between the upgraded 2-2 WS seats and the AC "true J" on AC.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I don't see much of a difference in the seats between the upgraded 2-2 WS seats and the AC "true J" on AC.
Try leg recline function, personal television.

https://theboardingpass.co/air-canada-boeing-737-max-8/

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; Nov 17, 2020 at 10:36 pm
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:19 am

Try leg recline function, personal television.

https://theboardingpass.co/air-canada-boeing-737-max-8/
I agree having the display built in to the seat (versus the streaming to device) is a nice touch that AC has going for it over WS.

I am not convinced the leg recline function is a positive. Maybe if your on an AC 737 vrs WS 737 heading across the Atlantic or red eye flight.

Before COVID WS had made major in roads on the meal service. To the point where it was getting to be as good if not better than AC. Food and beverage is about the same. The personal space is similar.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:01 am
Suspended

I agree having the display built in to the seat (versus the streaming to device) is a nice touch that AC has going for it over WS.

I am not convinced the leg recline function is a positive. Maybe if your on an AC 737 vrs WS 737 heading across the Atlantic or red eye flight.

Before COVID WS had made major in roads on the meal service. To the point where it was getting to be as good if not better than AC. Food and beverage is about the same. The personal space is similar.

Food quantities at AC in business are more generous . Westjet has smaller portions given that it is premium economy not true business class. Here is a side by side comparison :

Air canada’s domestic Business meal I had from Los Angeles to Toronto
notice the larger server tray and larger china, they also had a warm bread basket which came by to which I declined.

Westjet’s nice but much smaller meal in Premium:

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; Nov 18, 2020 at 11:11 am
Old Nov 19, 2020, 3:59 am

Food quantities at AC in business are more generous . Westjet has smaller portions given that it is premium economy not true business class. Here is a side by side comparison :

Air canada’s domestic Business meal I had from Los Angeles to Toronto
notice the larger server tray and larger china, they also had a warm bread basket which came by to which I declined.

Westjet’s nice but much smaller meal in Premium:
Due to timing I was usually ending up with Breakfast. Perhaps it is years of the AC omelet with the spoon full of cottage cheese and that weird salsa but I was finding AC meals OK but predictable and not overly inspiring.

WS was more creative. There was a time it was creative in a bad way (e.g., the salad phase and weird thing they thought was stake sandwich). However they turned it around and were starting to get much more creative in a good way.

My doctor would be pleased if I am getting the smaller WS portion size. Ignoring his encouragement to the contrary.... out of those two photos I would be more inclined to go with the AC main dish, but definitely the WS salad and desert.

I would give AC a + for portion size. WS a + for variety and creativity.

We do need to get these guys competing on quality of service instead of just price.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:36 am
Suspended

Due to timing I was usually ending up with Breakfast. Perhaps it is years of the AC omelet with the spoon full of cottage cheese and that weird salsa but I was finding AC meals OK but predictable and not overly inspiring.

WS was more creative. There was a time it was creative in a bad way (e.g., the salad phase and weird thing they thought was stake sandwich). However they turned it around and were starting to get much more creative in a good way.

My doctor would be pleased if I am getting the smaller WS portion size. Ignoring his encouragement to the contrary.... out of those two photos I would be more inclined to go with the AC main dish, but definitely the WS salad and desert.

I would give AC a + for portion size. WS a + for variety and creativity.

We do need to get these guys competing on quality of service instead of just price.
I pray that one post pandemic day , WS eventually just rebrands premium on the 737 fleet as “ business”. Yes , hopefully in more profitable days , the two carriers begin to up their bar of service.
YYCguy and Fiordland like this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
I pray that one post pandemic day , WS eventually just rebrands premium on the 737 fleet as “ business”. Yes , hopefully in more profitable days , the two carriers begin to up their bar of service.
Er. No!

Some employers/customers have convolutions at the prospect of paying for "Business" travel, but will accept "Premium".
FlyerJ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.