FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Premium Service 737NGs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/2021613-premium-service-737ngs.html)

YXUFlyboy Jul 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Premium Service 737NGs

On the 800s and 700s (I hear all the 700s in service are now 2x2 in premium) is real service starting up again by end of July? Any ideas?

robsaw Jul 15, 2020 8:08 am

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 32532132)
On the 800s and 700s (I hear all the 700s in service are now 2x2 in premium) is real service starting up again by end of July? Any ideas?

There is no forecast date as to when service will be restored to pre-COVID levels.

bcard519 Jul 15, 2020 9:57 am

What service are they currently offering in Premium? cold meal and canned/bottled alcohol to match AC?

Its very deceptive that when you book a flight, it stays says meal offered in Premium when they know they are not offering a meal.

YXUFlyboy Jul 15, 2020 11:54 am

... or just a bigger seat?

YYCguy Jul 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by bcard519 (Post 32533552)
What service are they currently offering in Premium? cold meal and canned/bottled alcohol to match AC?

Its very deceptive that when you book a flight, it stays says meal offered in Premium when they know they are not offering a meal.

Under the Coronavirus Updates tab on the website, it explains the necessary adjustments to the normal services offered.

bcard519 Jul 16, 2020 5:44 am

Originally Posted by YYCguy (Post 32534429)
Under the Coronavirus Updates tab on the website, it explains the necessary adjustments to the normal services offered.

I understand why adjustments are necessary. What I am saying is they should updates their system so it doesn't have contradictory info when you book. If I book a flight in premium that departs in 2 days, why are they saying I am going to get a meal? I really wish Canadian airlines would stop being so deceitful towards passengers

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c3b853fe68.png

YYCguy Jul 16, 2020 7:37 am

Originally Posted by bcard519 (Post 32535448)
I understand why adjustments are necessary. What I am saying is they should updates their system so it doesn't have contradictory info when you book. If I book a flight in premium that departs in 2 days, why are they saying I am going to get a meal? I really wish Canadian airlines would stop being so deceitful towards passengers

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c3b853fe68.png

I made some inquiries with friends at WS, and as of that date for that length of flight the information is somewhat accurate in that a cold snack-y meal box will be served in the premium cabin and a limited snack menu for purchase in the economy cabin.

bcard519 Jul 16, 2020 7:56 am

Originally Posted by YYCguy (Post 32535659)
I made some inquiries with friends at WS, and as of that date for that length of flight the information is somewhat accurate in that a cold snack-y meal box will be served in the premium cabin and a limited snack menu for purchase in the economy cabin.

So I am guessing they are trying to match AC in regards of upcoming services on board during covid.

Fiordland Jul 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by bcard519 (Post 32535704)
So I am guessing they are trying to match AC in regards of upcoming services on board during covid.

Lets hope the remaining WS employees after all of this is done are the over achieve types and they have aspirations to be better than AC in every way. I hold the same hope for AC.

I fear those championing the customer experience are outnumbered by the cost cutting penny counters.

FlyerJ Jul 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by YYCguy (Post 32535659)

Any word about Business on the 787 ... YYC to/from YYZ? Are they doing a meal service there, or is that just a (expensive) “snack-y meal” with a pod to sit in?

YYCguy Jul 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJ (Post 32537546)
Any word about Business on the 787 ... YYC to/from YYZ? Are they doing a meal service there, or is that just a (expensive) “snack-y meal” with a pod to sit in?

So far, it appears to be the same as Premium (which it always was pre covid on domestic routes).

bcard519 Jul 17, 2020 8:06 am

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ae181e5629.png
This is for a flight departing today. They are advertising alcohol and food. Is this not blatant false adverting?
I see AC is opening up some MLL and bringing back some resemblance of normal first class service I think starting next week. Its just there is no regulations in regards of service offered on the plane, but Westjet is saying its for "safety" yet they are willing to book middle seats now.

YYCguy Jul 17, 2020 9:12 am

Premium and Business guests on certain flights will have a small selection of wine and beer (but not spirits) to choose from (as well as tea and coffee).

bcard519 Jul 17, 2020 10:02 am

Originally Posted by YYCguy (Post 32538574)
Premium and Business guests on certain flights will have a small selection of wine and beer (but not spirits) to choose from (as well as tea and coffee).

Certain flights being the ones that are over 90 mins?
Any idea when this is starting?
I hear the PPL in YVR is open today, wondering when YYC will open

FlyerJ Jul 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 32532132)

Is this confirmed . . . area all 737s now confirmed to have 2x2 in Premium (with a separate 'private' lav for Premium)?