Premium Service 737NGs

Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35k
Premium Service 737NGs

On the 800s and 700s (I hear all the 700s in service are now 2x2 in premium) is real service starting up again by end of July? Any ideas?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
On the 800s and 700s (I hear all the 700s in service are now 2x2 in premium) is real service starting up again by end of July? Any ideas?
There is no forecast date as to when service will be restored to pre-COVID levels.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
What service are they currently offering in Premium? cold meal and canned/bottled alcohol to match AC?

Its very deceptive that when you book a flight, it stays says meal offered in Premium when they know they are not offering a meal.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35k
... or just a bigger seat?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by bcard519
What service are they currently offering in Premium? cold meal and canned/bottled alcohol to match AC?

Its very deceptive that when you book a flight, it stays says meal offered in Premium when they know they are not offering a meal.
Under the Coronavirus Updates tab on the website, it explains the necessary adjustments to the normal services offered.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Under the Coronavirus Updates tab on the website, it explains the necessary adjustments to the normal services offered.
I understand why adjustments are necessary. What I am saying is they should updates their system so it doesn't have contradictory info when you book. If I book a flight in premium that departs in 2 days, why are they saying I am going to get a meal? I really wish Canadian airlines would stop being so deceitful towards passengers

Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:37 am

I understand why adjustments are necessary. What I am saying is they should updates their system so it doesn't have contradictory info when you book. If I book a flight in premium that departs in 2 days, why are they saying I am going to get a meal? I really wish Canadian airlines would stop being so deceitful towards passengers

I made some inquiries with friends at WS, and as of that date for that length of flight the information is somewhat accurate in that a cold snack-y meal box will be served in the premium cabin and a limited snack menu for purchase in the economy cabin.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:56 am

I made some inquiries with friends at WS, and as of that date for that length of flight the information is somewhat accurate in that a cold snack-y meal box will be served in the premium cabin and a limited snack menu for purchase in the economy cabin.
So I am guessing they are trying to match AC in regards of upcoming services on board during covid.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
So I am guessing they are trying to match AC in regards of upcoming services on board during covid.
Lets hope the remaining WS employees after all of this is done are the over achieve types and they have aspirations to be better than AC in every way. I hold the same hope for AC.

I fear those championing the customer experience are outnumbered by the cost cutting penny counters.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Any word about Business on the 787 ... YYC to/from YYZ? Are they doing a meal service there, or is that just a (expensive) snack-y meal with a pod to sit in?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Any word about Business on the 787 ... YYC to/from YYZ? Are they doing a meal service there, or is that just a (expensive) snack-y meal with a pod to sit in?
So far, it appears to be the same as Premium (which it always was pre covid on domestic routes).
Old Jul 17, 2020, 8:06 am

This is for a flight departing today. They are advertising alcohol and food. Is this not blatant false adverting?
I see AC is opening up some MLL and bringing back some resemblance of normal first class service I think starting next week. Its just there is no regulations in regards of service offered on the plane, but Westjet is saying its for "safety" yet they are willing to book middle seats now.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:12 am

Premium and Business guests on certain flights will have a small selection of wine and beer (but not spirits) to choose from (as well as tea and coffee).
Old Jul 17, 2020, 10:02 am

Premium and Business guests on certain flights will have a small selection of wine and beer (but not spirits) to choose from (as well as tea and coffee).
Certain flights being the ones that are over 90 mins?
Any idea when this is starting?
I hear the PPL in YVR is open today, wondering when YYC will open

Last edited by bcard519; Jul 17, 2020 at 12:15 pm Reason: my english
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Is this confirmed . . . area all 737s now confirmed to have 2x2 in Premium (with a separate 'private' lav for Premium)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.