Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Security / Connecting / Connections at PHX" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
transfer from ua metal to us metal in PHX

Hi - did a search and could not find anything here and hopefully the ua forum is the appropriate place.

Anyway, I just booked a MR and have a 55 minute connection in PHX from UA metal to US metal - as I recall the UA terminal and US complex are quite far apart. What's the easiest way to make the transfer and if I miss it due to late arriving UA flight, who is the better option to rebook? I assume UA ... thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:15 pm

PHX Security Checkpoints

I have started a new job with a new company and will be flying in and out of the PHX airport on a regular basis. I will be flying via SWA most often.

Can someone please confirm for me:

1) Only Terminal 4 security checkpoints B&D have the AIT machines?
http://www.phxskyharbor.com/pdf/Terminal_4_L3.pdf

2) If the above is true, how often is C/P "C" open?

3) From the map, the area referenced as "Level 3 Gates and Shops" is outside security, correct?

4) If I wanted to avoid B&D and only other option was to go through "A", how long would the walk from "A" to gates "D1-D8" take?

It is crazy that I am having to do this much research before entering a new airport but I refuse to participate in the TSAs illegal search and seizure and no one will be seeing me undressed.

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Tmstewar2
3) From the map, the area referenced as "Level 3 Gates and Shops" is outside security, correct?
4) If I wanted to avoid B&D and only other option was to go through "A", how long would the walk from "A" to gates "D1-D8" take?
I don't blame you one bit for wanting to avoid the hassle. T4 NudeOScopes are currently in the B&C checkpoints. A&D have only WTMD.

On the SWA side of the terminal, the D checkpoint tends to close earlier than C at the end of the day.

Yes, Level 3 Gates&Shops are landside outside security.

The longest walk using moving walkways from the A checkpoint around to D gates is about 18 minutes.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Tanic
I don't blame you one bit for wanting to avoid the hassle. T4 NudeOScopes are currently in the B&C checkpoints. A&D have only WTMD.

On the SWA side of the terminal, the D checkpoint tends to close earlier than C at the end of the day.

Yes, Level 3 Gates&Shops are landside outside security.

The longest walk using moving walkways from the A checkpoint around to D gates is about 18 minutes.
No, I believe checkpoint B do they have 1 backscatter machines and checkpoint D do they have 1 MMW. Also, checkpoint A & C does not have MMW & backscatter machines. Only where you can go through metal detector at checkpoint A & C, too.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Nude-O-Scope update

Originally Posted by Tmstewar2
I have started a new job with a new company and will be flying in and out of the PHX airport on a regular basis. I will be flying via SWA most often.

Can someone please confirm for me:

http://www.phxskyharbor.com/pdf/Terminal_4_L3.pdf

It is crazy that I am having to do this much research before entering a new airport but I refuse to participate in the TSAs illegal search and seizure and no one will be seeing me undressed.

Thanks
PHX Terminal 2 is now equipped with these ghastly things. We flew thru there on Wednesday. Short lines fortunately but lots of confusion with PAXs about new method....
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:22 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

PHX Airport/Terminal Questions

Are the various terminals at PHX connected after security? If so, how does one get from one to the other?

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

No they are not connected after security. Sorry.

There is a bus landside that goes between the terminals but you have to clear security again.

All the concourses in Terminal 4 ( US airways and Southwest amongst others) are connected airside by moving walkways.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
You can walk easily between terminals 3 and 4, terminal 2 is a little bit more remote.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:20 pm

Connecting from SWA to AA @ PHX Phoenix Sky Harbor

How quickly can one get from SWA to AA gates @ PHX? Do you have to go through security? Walk, Train?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:48 pm

You unfortunately will need to leave terminal four on level 1and take a shuttle to T3. They are close to each other but there is no walking path and you will need to go back through security. The assumption is eventually AA will move to T4 since all US Airways gates are there but obviously that won't be happening for awhile. The shuttles are very easy to find though, good signage, just don't get on the rental car one.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
You unfortunately will need to leave terminal four and take a shuttle to T3. They are very close to each other but you will need to go back through security. The assumption is eventually AA will move to T4 since all US Airways gates will be there but obviously that won't be happening for awhile.
Thank you so much!

One more question, does AA have TSA Pre @ PHX?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I just did the opposite at PHX last week from AA to SWA. It was a little pain having to get out of the airport, catch the bus and go through security again.

Assuming you are not checking bags, I would leave not less than 90 minutes connection time, but ideally 2 hours in case of a small delay.

There is certainly TSA pre for SWA gates, but I don't rememeber for AA gates. Regardless, my experience with security in AA PHX gates has been fine in the past (I think they only share that concourse with a handful of other airlines with hubs somewhere else).
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by tonytifao
Thank you so much!

Not sure about Pre, I haven't flown out of T3 since 2009. I'm sure a AA flyer will be able to fill you in though. 1KH1 gave accurate advice on connection times as well.

Eventually the SkyTrain will connect T4 to T3 instead of needing shuttles but unlike the DFW Skylink will be outside security. Also, since we'll all be comrades soon enough the US Air board is a good place to find PHX info too. I was just checking out your merger thread and saw this
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by tonytifao
Thank you so much!

Yes, but it's probably not what you're expecting. They have a separate line for ID check (just the queue), but you get funneled to the same ID checkers. It essentially bumps you to the front of the line. You also go through the same metal detector as everyone else however the standard precheck rules apply i.e. shoes on, etc.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
From the TSA PreCheck participating airports page:

Arizona

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)

American Airlines
Terminal 3, South Checkpoint: 4:45 AM - 10:00 PM
Delta Air Lines
Terminal 3, North Checkpoint: 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM; 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Southwest Airlines
Terminal 4, Checkpoint C
Terminal 4, Checkpoint D
US Airways
Terminal 4, Checkpoint A: 4:45 AM - 10:00 PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.