Search

ERROR_MSG_21 when logging in

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
I always have success using my phone.
Chrome on Android doesn't work for me either.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I somehow managed to log in using Safari on Mac today, which previously is where I first encountered the error. It didn't work a couple days ago. Will it continue to work? Who knows.

Thankfully I've not yet hit a situation yet where there was no browser across both my desktop and mobile devices that worked. That would be a much bigger issue.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I somehow managed to log in using Safari on Mac today, which previously is where I first encountered the error. It didn't work a couple days ago. Will it continue to work? Who knows.

Thankfully I've not yet hit a situation yet where there was no browser across both my desktop and mobile devices that worked. That would be a much bigger issue.
I guess VS doesn't want our business since this issue is still not fixed!
Old May 20, 2022, 6:27 am

I 've had his problem for some time now and can't find a work around. Tried different browsers, cleared all cache, cookies, even different computers. No progress. I've reluctantly booked with BA as I was getting nowhere with Virgin and the help pages take you round in circles or simply don't work. Has anybody managed to fix this?
Old May 23, 2022, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Glad this is not just me!
Old May 23, 2022, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eff VS. I tried again today and still got the problem. I booked with AF instead.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:56 pm

Cannot login to FLying CLub

Its been a few weeks and I just cant log in to my Flying Club account. Trried different browsers, updating browsers. I get Error Msg 21.
When I tried on my phone it worked once, and when i tried again it threw up the same error.

Anyone with any prior experience of this problem?
Old May 26, 2022, 1:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I have had problems with this since months ago - same as all, no success. Am using both email/FC#. I have emailed tech support but am not getting any useful response back from them.
Had not expected such poor service/IT quality from VS - since it's so much smaller, I would assume that their IT dept has the time to fix such major issue.

Cheers!
Britgirlnyc likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: QF Gold
Is this also the same problem where no activity has been showing for what must be coming up to nine months now, with TPs from 2021 now also missing in the Total?

It's really impossible to get in contact with anyone, I do wonder if they've outsourced IT to BA, I can't believe this has been broken for so long...

Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:11 am

I fixed it by calling in. They explained the account was locked and required a reset and that this could not be done online.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: QF Gold
Thanks, I've tried that again but seems they're still investigating this issue since 2021:

Currently, we are upgrading our system and therefore such glitches are happening, and you are unable to login and are unable to view the transactions on your account. Please be advised that this is a common issue faced by all our members.

I would like to assure you that these points are added to your total account balance. I can assure the same as we have access to the database and can view all your transactions.

Also, it might take some time for the transactions to be visible as our IT team is constantly working on improving the same.

Further, regarding your tier points query, I would like to advise that the 30 tier points which you earned last year lapsed in your tier renewal cycle which ended on 31 March 2022. 20 tier points which you earned recently are correctly showing on your account.
I also don't understand this mysterious Renewal Cycle date when I have been Red this year and last anyway - I assumed according to their website the Upgrade Cycle applies as below. Maybe it has something to do with the bug a few weeks back where the TP total showed the lifetime total by mistake, thought I was Silver, then reset to zero. This Renewal Cycle should only apply from the date I become Silver - not as a Red member with no status?

"Your Upgrade Cycle is calculated from the current date of the month, to the 1st day of the same month in the previous year.”
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Chrome on Android doesn't work for me either.
I find that if I give it time it loads, if I click then click again I get the error message
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by erik123
I fixed it by calling in. They explained the account was locked and required a reset and that this could not be done online.
Which number did you call and how to describe such a problem? Last time it seems that the CS on the phone has no idea about that and I guess it is reasonable as it is an IT issue I guess. As the chrome and safari on one of my PC got such an error, but the chrome and safari on my other PC work well...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by stmadfish
Which number did you call and how to describe such a problem? Last time it seems that the CS on the phone has no idea about that and I guess it is reasonable as it is an IT issue I guess. As the chrome and safari on one of my PC got such an error, but the chrome and safari on my other PC work well...
This was my experience calling from the United States:

I called 1-800-862-8621 and chose Option 4 (Talk about Flyer Club Account)
Waited roughly 20 minutes and spoke with a very helpful agent.
He mentioned that the email registered to my account needed to be designated as "personal" or "business" per a recent system change. Which he updated from his end.
He then reset my password and voila after months of failed tickets with email support I can now finally log in!
stmadfish and Mikey94025 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: Free agent; tend to fly DL and UA most
I'm on a Mac and Microsoft Edge isn't working for me, but Safari works no problem. Unreal. Total clownshow over at VS' IT department I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.