Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Has anyone had recent success in getting NH to open award space on alternate flights when what you had booked/ticketed has been cancelled?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by madrooster
Has anyone had recent success in getting NH to open award space on alternate flights when what you had booked/ticketed has been cancelled?
Nope, only what they automatically apply to the booking as a replacement
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:16 am

Does anyone know roughly the taxes + fees for a HND > LHR flight?

Likewise for HND > FRA? I was charged £103 for each (one way) but I thought it was lower than that?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by thebestjungler
Does anyone know roughly the taxes + fees for a HND > LHR flight?

Likewise for HND > FRA? I was charged £103 for each (one way) but I thought it was lower than that?

Thanks
The best way I’ve found of figuring it out is going on to ITA matrix, entering the exact dates you’re looking at, selecting the flight times, and then it’ll give you a complete break down of the airfare and associated taxes/fuel surcharges.

basically just take the overall fare including the taxes and surcharges,, subtract the actual airfare, and that leaves you with all the taxes/surcharges remaining.

afraid I don’t have time atm or I’d look it up for you.

Costs have gone up in the last 6 or so months, with fuel costs rising etc.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:42 am

.What Tofino87 says.

£103 is correct at the moment. Several months ago ANA did reduce their fees/taxes but they had gone back up by the time I booked in April this year.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by madrooster
I’m wondering about this now too… because I have one ANA flight - layover 8h - 2nd ANA flight (out of the same airport as arrival from the first leg) - they’re on separate tickets.

But, if the first one is cancelled (like Tuesdays and Thursdays are for LHR departures up to the end of March 2022 at present) and the second is still flying as scheduled, I’d be in trouble… unless they’d be willing to make an accommodation for the second ticket too
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Does availability open on all partner programs at the same time?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
ANA generally opens availability to all partners at the same time. The issue is Virgin Atlantic will not let you book using Virgin miles more than 330 days in advance, so the award space may be gone by that time.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aquanine
ANA generally opens availability to all partners at the same time. The issue is Virgin Atlantic will not let you book using Virgin miles more than 330 days in advance, so the award space may be gone by that time.
Is ANA even releasing F award inventory anymore for booking? I’ve been searching and searching on United‘s website for a seat out of JFK in either direction and have found nothing through the end of the calendar.
really bummed because I had a booking that was scheduled to come in just a few days ago I had to cancel it because there was almost no country near Japan I could transit into because of current lockdowns.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by vivrant
Is ANA even releasing F award inventory anymore for booking? I’ve been searching and searching on United‘s website for a seat out of JFK in either direction and have found nothing through the end of the calendar.
really bummed because I had a booking that was scheduled to come in just a few days ago I had to cancel it because there was almost no country near Japan I could transit into because of current lockdowns.
Yes they are. One just needs to look slightly over 330 days to see that there are seats here and there, but whatever inventory remains get snapped right up at 330 days out. You should also check using TYO to search both airports, if you're not already. Good hunting!
vivrant likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
FYI there were a couple of seats available out of London in Nov last night in Business.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:49 pm

Recently cancelled 2x F for NH211 HND-LHR on 2nd March - now showing up in availability if anyone wants to nab them.
IndyHoosier and joachimm like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:58 am

Just booked my NRT-JFK return in the Room. It will be great to compare that to the Suite which I have for the trip out. I called at exactly 7am GMT and the whole process took 12 minutes, including the wait time of about 4 minutes to speak to a rep. Taxes for the flight out were $75.70, this one was $172.87.

For the flight out, I was planning to book NRT-ICN closer to the travel date to allow for schedule changes. But instead of 4 non-stop flights/day from NRT that were available to book last fall, I now see that there is only 1 flight departing before I arrive. I do hope the schedule fills up again, or that Japan will be allowing entry for overnight stays, by summer. Or I may find myself going through Taipei just to be able to get out of NRT before the end of the day - seems to be the only current option.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:27 am

Hi All,

Since ANA awards via VS is limited to one segment, we obviously need to book separate awards/tickets for connecting flights. Has anyone had problems with separate tickets (different PNR, e-ticket number, booking reference) with the below scenario:

1) Both flights on ANA
- MNL/NRT on NH
- NRT/LAX on NH

2) Flights on different airlines
- JFK/HND on NH
- HND/MNL on PR

WIth all the COVID travel requirements, will the check-in agent in MNL (for scenario 1) and in JFK (for scenario 2) check for the correct documents for the final destination?

How about boarding passes specially for scenario 2 having different airlines?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

** BTW, please confirm as of this moment Japan is still allowing transit in NRT, and overnight transit in HND? Does Japan require any testing or such (for example Singapore requires PCR test)
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by benitz8
Hi All,

Since ANA awards via VS is limited to one segment, we obviously need to book separate awards/tickets for connecting flights. Has anyone had problems with separate tickets (different PNR, e-ticket number, booking reference) with the below scenario:

1) Both flights on ANA
- MNL/NRT on NH
- NRT/LAX on NH

2) Flights on different airlines
- JFK/HND on NH
- HND/MNL on PR

WIth all the COVID travel requirements, will the check-in agent in MNL (for scenario 1) and in JFK (for scenario 2) check for the correct documents for the final destination?

How about boarding passes specially for scenario 2 having different airlines?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

** BTW, please confirm as of this moment Japan is still allowing transit in NRT, and overnight transit in HND? Does Japan require any testing or such (for example Singapore requires PCR test)
Check out this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japa...s-edition.html

No problem with transiting with separately ticketed flights on ANA - done this through HND and it was alarmingly straightforward. They issued both boarding passes, through-checked baggage, etc., without any hassle as if it was all on one itinerary. There are no transit requirements for Japan. They check Timatic for the requirements of your final destination only.

Transit on different airlines is allowed but I would plan for more explaining, resistance and general hassle. Even if you have done everything correctly, all it takes is one spooked check-in agent to put a brake on your travel plans. They don't want to get caught out flying you to a country to find out that your onward travel plans with a different airline are duff and you can't enter the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.