Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
ATL-LHR round trip cost for coach is 40K, business is 90K
MUC-ATL round trip cost for coach is 60K, business is 100K

Your 2 tickets should have cost 190K.
Maybe your ATL-LHR is in coach :-)
I've logged in to view my trip on Delta, and I have confirmed seats in row 6. Where do I find a receipt (from VA, I suppose) to tell me how many points I used? I'm looking at the activity and I see the transfer in from UR but no redemption.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by irishtiger
I've logged in to view my trip on Delta, and I have confirmed seats in row 6. Where do I find a receipt (from VA, I suppose) to tell me how many points I used? I'm looking at the activity and I see the transfer in from UR but no redemption.
In the new system, I do not know how.

Also, Number of miles is not indicated in the e ticket.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
In the new system, I do not know how.

Also, Number of miles is not indicated in the e ticket.
Thanks. Sort of a silly setup. Do you know the rules regarding changes to route/date/pax information? Thank you!!!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by dramzan98
Hi there. I believe the amount was calculated using the old distance based chart which was previously only on the UK version of the VS site. I can't find it anymore on the new site. This blog post has the chart. http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-ways-can-use/

I have redeemed in the past for JFK-NRT in F for 120K and posted in this thread. I guess going to HND broke the formula or put me right under a price band. I have not checked the great circle mapper.

VS was easier to deal with this time. I have had success calling them after 5PM EST. I called the US flying club number and was routed to the UK team. After the seats were reserved, it took around 4 hours to ticket.

Keep trying! Don't give up! I have had success with redeeming on VS, VX, NH and even once...DL!
Thanks! Funnily enough I've found DL redemptions easy, and NH redemptions much harder. But I shall redouble my efforts now!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Just booked a First Class LHR-PEK on Air China.

75k F as expected, taxes £508.27. Ludicrous bargain.

20 minutes to book, plus 25 minutes to get to the front of the queue .....

Checked availability on the United site (as First Saver availability) and no trouble getting it booked.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:01 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Raffles
Just booked a First Class LHR-PEK on Air China.

75k F as expected, taxes £508.27. Ludicrous bargain.

20 minutes to book, plus 25 minutes to get to the front of the queue .....

Checked availability on the United site (as First Saver availability) and no trouble getting it booked.
Make sure you try the SQ F lounge at T2. It's open to CA F passengers.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I need help. I've been getting the runaround from Virgin Atlantic Flying Club representatives and I'm getting nowhere. If it matters, I called the US call center.

I'm flying RT LAX to EZE (Buenos Aires) on Delta metal, with a transfer at ATL. Per Air France and Delta's websites, there should be saver award seats available on the dates I'm looking at. Flying Club rep confirmed that it would be 45,000 points + tax. However, when it comes time to actual ticketing, the rep said it would be 70,000 points + tax.

I think the system is ticketing this as two RTs: LAX-ATL (25,000 points) and ATL-EZE (45,000) points. I tried HUCA but multiple reps are seeing the same thing. Meanwhile, I'm seeing award availability dwindling on the dates that I want to travel from Delta's website.

What to do?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by happychic
I need help. I've been getting the runaround from Virgin Atlantic Flying Club representatives and I'm getting nowhere. If it matters, I called the US call center.

I'm flying RT LAX to EZE (Buenos Aires) on Delta metal, with a transfer at ATL. Per Air France and Delta's websites, there should be saver award seats available on the dates I'm looking at. Flying Club rep confirmed that it would be 45,000 points + tax. However, when it comes time to actual ticketing, the rep said it would be 70,000 points + tax.

I think the system is ticketing this as two RTs: LAX-ATL (25,000 points) and ATL-EZE (45,000) points. I tried HUCA but multiple reps are seeing the same thing. Meanwhile, I'm seeing award availability dwindling on the dates that I want to travel from Delta's website.

What to do?
Unless I'm mistaken, each segment prices differently when booking partner awards. I was going to do LAX-SYD-CNS and it was pricing the same way.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Thank you. I had no idea. I moved some Amex points to my Air France account and will redeem my award travel from Flying Blue instead. Now, what to do with my Virgin Atlantic points........
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
I've been trying to use my VS miles to book flights from SYD to PPT (Papeete/Tahiti) via AKL on AirNZ. I used the United award search tool to check for availability, which worked very well from SYD to AKL return (managed to find 2 seats in C that can be confirmed by VS) but not from AKL to PPT (nothing at all across several dates in Y, forget about C).

The VS agent was very good and spent quite some time looking for dates, apparently they need to request every single date and don't have a view on weekly / monthly availability...

Would anyone know in which class VS awards are booked into for Y on AirNZ and/or what would be the best site to check for availability without spending hours on the phone with VS randomly requesting every single date?!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
I've been trying to use my VS miles to book flights from SYD to PPT (Papeete/Tahiti) via AKL on AirNZ. I used the United award search tool to check for availability, which worked very well from SYD to AKL return (managed to find 2 seats in C that can be confirmed by VS) but not from AKL to PPT (nothing at all across several dates in Y, forget about C).

The VS agent was very good and spent quite some time looking for dates, apparently they need to request every single date and don't have a view on weekly / monthly availability...

Would anyone know in which class VS awards are booked into for Y on AirNZ and/or what would be the best site to check for availability without spending hours on the phone with VS randomly requesting every single date?!
Unless things have changed, NZ flights to PPT are operated by Air Tahiti Nui, which means they are not NZ flights, therefore can't be booked using Flying Club miles.

*A shows NZ has one flight per week to PPT, leaving AKL on Friday. Could be a case of extremely limited inventory.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by Guava
Unless things have changed, NZ flights to PPT are operated by Air Tahiti Nui, which means they are not NZ flights, therefore can't be booked using Flying Club miles.

*A shows NZ has one flight per week to PPT, leaving AKL on Friday. Could be a case of extremely limited inventory.
That's not correct - NZ operates 3 flights a week from AKL to PPT, and availability is good (at least in Y - nothing at all in C) if you check awards availability on UA. Problem is almost nothing is actually released to VS, I guess NZ keeps most of the partners inventory for *A members...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Deleted

Last edited by Guava; Jan 27, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Too many to list
what is af.com ?
american friends?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:57 am

How do you go about finding how many points these routes are? (apologies if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, I went through a lot of pages and couldn't see it mentioned)

I am looking for Shanghai - Guangzhou (one way), I can see availability on the United Airlines site with Air China so I think there is availability. It says 15k miles and £5.80 taxes. Would it be the same amount of miles with Virgin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.