Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America to expand?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum, LY Maybe:)
For all i know Virgin America is a seperate corporation. Some folks here didn't like foreigners owning a US airline and they had to set the ownership so that US citizens or corporations will hold majority. Therefore, I'm not sure if they will be tied up with the rest of Virgin.

Originally Posted by BearX220
I should think that depends on whether the whole Virgin empire will tie up, FF-wise. Personally speaking, if Virgin America opened SEA, I could fly them domestically and redeem my points for Virgin Blue SFO-SYD or VS to LHR, that would have sufficient value to me that an alliance tieup would make little difference.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oresh
For all i know Virgin America is a seperate corporation. Some folks here didn't like foreigners owning a US airline and they had to set the ownership so that US citizens or corporations will hold majority. Therefore, I'm not sure if they will be tied up with the rest of Virgin.
The hint on their website that space travel will be possible through Elevate strongly suggests that at least one other Virgin Group tie up is in the works.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by eazyrid3r
San Diego is a give in (I am not sure if was the debate... I think it was more when/where to...)

They are hiring in San Diego...

I couldn't be happier...
ME TOO! Can't wait! Any news on when?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by oresh
For all i know Virgin America is a seperate corporation...
It absolutely is, had to be to satisfy US regulators, but that shouldn't prevent a VA - Virgin Atlantic - Virgin Blue coordinate FF program, or reciprocity agreements. UA and LH are separate corporations of course, and they have FF reciprocity...

Perhaps a separate corporate entity to run a pan-Virgin brand loyalty program would be in order.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: WorldPerks, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by BearX220
It absolutely is, had to be to satisfy US regulators, but that shouldn't prevent a VA - Virgin Atlantic - Virgin Blue coordinate FF program, or reciprocity agreements. UA and LH are separate corporations of course, and they have FF reciprocity...

Perhaps a separate corporate entity to run a pan-Virgin brand loyalty program would be in order.
Agreed
There should definitely be at least a code sharing agreement between VA/VX/VB(Australia)
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Sfo-mia?

Originally Posted by rjque
I suspect that it would start with SFO-MIA, since that route is currently monopolized by AA.
I hope they choose SFO-FLL, MIA is such a disaster flying in and out of-total confusion.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Their own alliance?

Originally Posted by eazyrid3r
Agreed
There should definitely be at least a code sharing agreement between VA/VX/VB(Australia)
They could form their own alliance how about "One Star Virgin Team" ?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Expect some news on San Diego VERY VERY shortly.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by samftla
I hope they choose SFO-FLL, MIA is such a disaster flying in and out of-total confusion.
For better or worse, B9 is chopping OAK-FLL in January according a thread on the JetBlue forum
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by samftla
They aren't.

Plus, Concourse J at MIA, where Virgin America is hoping to be located, is probably the single nicest terminal at any US airport. It makes FLL look like an even bigger dump than it already is.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Expect some news on San Diego VERY VERY shortly.
Oh really????? Don't tease!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:14 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Oh really????? Don't tease!!!!!!!!!!
They are very deep into the hiring process at SAN, so an announcement is only a few weeks, if not less, away.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
San Diego Announcement

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754456

Started it's own thread so people can focus on it, this thread could continue to thrive with wishlists and predictions.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 3:48 pm

I couldn't care less if the airlines are entirely owned by a foreign entity. That shouldn't prevent it from doing business in the United States. This country was founded upon the idea that all men (and women) are born equal, and that ANYONE can succeed here by working hard. Bring in the foreign airlines; I welcome the diversity of choice that it will offer.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by stupidhead
I couldn't care less if the airlines are entirely owned by a foreign entity. That shouldn't prevent it from doing business in the United States. This country was founded upon the idea that all men (and women) are born equal, and that ANYONE can succeed here by working hard. Bring in the foreign airlines; I welcome the diversity of choice that it will offer.
I agree, but I'm not American... so my opinion doesn't count in that argument.

Originally Posted by stupidhead
The views expressed in anything I write are not necessarily mine, nor should it be construed as any kind of advice.
so.. which airline do you work for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.