Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America to expand?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
New city to be announced today

Hint - look at the map on the Virgin America home page for a clue.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by seauaflyer
Hint - look at the map on the Virgin America home page for a clue.
Seattle eh? yay! ^

Please, please please bring Chicago (or Toronto - preferably both)
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
SEA to LAX & SFO

• Service between Seattle (SEA) and San Francisco (SFO) begins March 18, 2008.
  • Service between Seattle (SEA) and Los Angeles (LAX) begins April 8, 2008.

http://www.virginamerica.com/va/info...eName=routeMap
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Miami's next.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
Great news. Look forward to trying F on this route.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Miami's next.
Really? That's next for MIA? Not even VX will fly to FLL or MCO. I'm surely VX will be very successfully nonstop from LAX/SFO-SEA. It will be completed AS, DL, UA from LAX-SEA. I'm sure VX will done performing extremely well inauguration from LAX/SFO-SEA in 2008.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's official releases from VX for SFO/LAX-SEA

http://www.virginamerica.com/va/news...More&pageName=

I didn't find the press releases came in today. Thanks, Guys!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:08 pm

Awesome news! Once they add Miami, I can drop ALL OTHER AIRLINES :-) :-)
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
Awesome news! Once they add Miami, I can drop ALL OTHER AIRLINES :-) :-)
Btw, I booked the later flight on the inaugural day (SEA-SFO), returning the next evening later flight. (Both seat 2F)

I make this run around every two weeks, so I'm going to try to figure out dates and book a bunch. I don't usually book my Alaska/UA flights this far out in advance, but I don't know how long it will be until VX raises their fares if they are introductory.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I'm quite certain the F class fare shown is an introductory. So I'm booking for 4/20 SEA-LAX and 4/21 LAX-SEA. Not a bad price at all, seeing as how people pay this much for coach on UA!

I wonder if there will be a meal on this 2.5 hour flight.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Is this the master VX thread? I have been looking to see what the best place to put a phone report is. It is currently posted on the jetBlue forum, I will copy it here if this is the best place.

I rush home and am greeted to the fact that VX is starting to fly to SEA on March, 18 with great intro fares. I think "COOL" and try to book on their website for two people (a friend I want to go with). First problem, website takes too long to load, or maybe I was too excited to wait to book my flight. Problem two, I try to book SEA-SAN in May and June, the fare won't show up! I know there are flight times that work for the itinerary, maybe just my luck. Problem three, when I finally go to book the airfare for the innagural date I can't hold online. My friend wouldn't pick up the phone so I needed a 24 hour hold if I wanted a good first class fare on the first flight. While on website I read unacompinied minor (UM) section for VX, 5-14 required for all flights (nonstop only) and another section references teenagers (13-18) do not need the UM service, inconsistent but I will call and ask about policy. Time on website, ten minutes

Compliment one, easy to get agent quickly (tried twice). Problem four, the agent was acting doltish and didn't know VX flies to SEA. Problem five, agent put me on hold when he/she tried to act upon a mixed first/economy flight plan. Problem six, BIGGEST PROBLEM. The agent quotes me a higher economy fare coming back than on the website, $240 more for both of us, I ask to reconfirm and the agent reconfirms it to be true. I put on a 24 hour fare hold and call back. Did not ask about UM, would extend being on phone with this agent. First call, 22 minutes

I nearly yell "person" into the reciever of my phone because that is the way to get an agent. In no time an bona fide agent comes on and helps me get the reservation better. Compliment two, did not put me on hold and checked every minute to make sure I was still on the phone. The price comes down to its internet price. Problem seven, I have to reenter all of my information onto the reservation on a new hold. Compliment three, kept price of origional first flight which had crept up conspiciously. Problem eight, not being a UM requirment age is 15. A friend of mine who connected in IAD on UA after a redeye at the age of 12. Agent is great and works on the flight, some confusion in voice when I say I want to return on same day. Elapsed time, 16 minutes

Conclusion: A great present for me and any SEA traveller. I hope to be on the first flight out to SFO depending on my friend who is at a confrence at the moment. I am very annoyed at the first agent and website problems, such as not being able to book SEA-SAN, but look foward to flying on VX. The second agent was a racontuer(spelling?) of agents and helped me very much. I hope to be able to fly this airline for many years to come, they just need to fix some small problems!

Last edited by prismwiz; Dec 12, 2007 at 7:08 pm Reason: added phone report
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I'm quite certain the F class fare shown is an introductory. So I'm booking for 4/20 SEA-LAX and 4/21 LAX-SEA. Not a bad price at all, seeing as how people pay this much for coach on UA!

I wonder if there will be a meal on this 2.5 hour flight.
No, I don't think VX will not need a meal on entire flight but, it was only shorter flights 2.5 hour from LAX/SFO-SEA. You can have a beverage or bring your own snacks on the plane. I'm sure that I am knowledgeable more specific information in-flight entertainment.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, I don't think VX will not need a meal on entire flight but, it was only shorter flights 2.5 hour from LAX/SFO-SEA.
What are you trying to Say*? That there will not be a full meal? or are you trying to say that short flights will have a meal?

*uh oh, Flyertalk is talking to me again, its been a long day.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prismwiz
What are you trying to Say*? That there will not be a full meal? or are you trying to say that short flights will have a meal?

*uh oh, Flyertalk is talking to me again, its been a long day.
No, Probably not. It was only beverage during 2.5 hour in-flight from SFO/LAX-SEA. Yes, I am trying tell you something about more specific information from VX. That mean I am knowledgeable from VX will not served the meal onto entire flights during short-haul.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
No, Probably not. It was only beverage during 2.5 hour in-flight from SFO/LAX-SEA. Yes, I am trying tell you something about more specific information from VX. That mean I am knowledgeable from VX will not served the meal onto entire flights during short-haul.
Hang on a minute...can't you order snacks from the IFE on any flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.