Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

Had the premium first and now the non premium and it seems they just deposited the 10k bonus miles

BUT somehow they showed up in my Alaska Airlines (as 10k not using the 1:1.3 ratio) account not in the Virgin account
False alarm > the 10k AS points were just a gift from AS for beiing a Virgin Elevate member ... weird I know.

Spend met / paid off / AF paid now waiting for the statement to close and points to post
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

Had the premium first and now the non premium and it seems they just deposited the 10k bonus miles

BUT somehow they showed up in my Alaska Airlines (as 10k not using the 1:1.3 ratio) account not in the Virgin account
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Which is yet another indication that Elevate will be euthanized soon.
the 10K is a bonus AS is giving out. Its not related to the CC sign up bonus:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-new-post.html
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Has anybody cancelled their account recently? I cancelled mine as the AF is coming up next week and there is no point in keeping the card. The account still shows the full credit line available which is strange. With other card issuers when the card is closed, they immediately zero out the available credit. Is this a multi day/week process or is another call in order to be sure it is actually cancelled?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:25 am

Has anybody cancelled their account recently? I cancelled mine as the AF is coming up next week and there is no point in keeping the card. The account still shows the full credit line available which is strange. With other card issuers when the card is closed, they immediately zero out the available credit. Is this a multi day/week process or is another call in order to be sure it is actually cancelled?
Hmm, I just checked my account, and 100% of my credit line still shows as available. I cancelled my card in mid-November, so this is definitely unusual.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I called them again and they claim the account is closed but they could not explain why the full credit line still shows as available. Still seems odd to me. Why would you close an account and yet leave the credit line?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:47 pm

FWIW, despite having 100% of my credit line available, my account is closed per Equifax and TransUnion. Checked via Credit Karma. Puzzling.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:29 pm

I called them again and they claim the account is closed but they could not explain why the full credit line still shows as available. Still seems odd to me. Why would you close an account and yet leave the credit line?
My guess is this. It's standard practice for some CC companies to keep the CL open for a period of time after an account has been cancelled or closed. Though your account is closed and any new charges declined, recurring bill payments may be approved for the next 30/60 days.

They do this to accord you time to update your recurring payments and in case you forget one or two. It's more of a measure to avoid liability, in case you forget to update a very important creditor/service provider.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
For those that have paid their annual fee recently, did you receive your code for $150 off a companion ticket? I paid my fee in November and the last two years had received the code by early January but this year nothing.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mctrees02
For those that have paid their annual fee recently, did you receive your code for $150 off a companion ticket? I paid my fee in November and the last two years had received the code by early January but this year nothing.
I paid my AF in July and still haven't gotten a code. Although to be honest, I only realized this when I saw your post...
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
I just cancelled my premium card as my AF due this month - no option provided to waive annual fee but admittedly I have spent very little on the card in 2016.

I think Comenity is probably dealing with the card shutting down or transferring very soon, so may have a very limited retention strategy given they don't have an alternative co-brand card to flip users on to.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Originally Posted by socalgecko
I paid my AF in July and still haven't gotten a code. Although to be honest, I only realized this when I saw your post...
and I only remembered it when I went to buy a ticket for my wife that was $156. I had that "hey wait a minute..." thought. I guess it's worth a phone call.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:16 pm

Just cancelled mine too, and it was the easiest credit card cancellation I've ever done. Definitely seems like something is up.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by anothertraveller12
Just cancelled mine too, and it was the easiest credit card cancellation I've ever done. Definitely seems like something is up.
It's an easy cancellation in that I've never received a retention offer. In my experience, that's Comenity's SOP, not a sign that something is up.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by paradox
FWIW, despite having 100% of my credit line available, my account is closed per Equifax and TransUnion. Checked via Credit Karma. Puzzling.
Originally Posted by Visconti
My guess is this. It's standard practice for some CC companies to keep the CL open for a period of time after an account has been cancelled or closed. Though your account is closed and any new charges declined, recurring bill payments may be approved for the next 30/60 days.

They do this to accord you time to update your recurring payments and in case you forget one or two. It's more of a measure to avoid liability, in case you forget to update a very important creditor/service provider.
With my Comenity Orbitz card it would commonly show $0 available when i had the full credit available when i called. my only conclusion with the limited facet is their systems are backwards
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Has anybody cancelled their account recently?
Nope, because I'm spending all I can on this card for what will be a 30% bonus @ time of transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.