Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam Summer Promotion 40,000 Miles Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
12 points as of August 12, but 0 bonus miles??? Anyone score a run yet?
I followed up the Dividend CS, here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting US Airways. There was a delay in getting the first posting off and running for the Grand Slam promotion. It is now scheduled to begin running on 8/27/08 and then monthly after that time. I apologize for the delay. Please reply to this e-mail if you have any additional questions. We value your business and want to thank you for your continued support of US Airways.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Check "hits"

Is there any way to check the # of "hits" you have at any given time? Or is it simply that you have keep track on your own using the stupid "Scorecard" they provide???
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by terockwo
Is there any way to check the # of "hits" you have at any given time? Or is it simply that you have keep track on your own using the stupid "Scorecard" they provide???
Looks like you need to keep track yourself until the bonus posts
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
8000 bonus points posted today. I'm trying to figure out how I got 8 hits, I thought I was only at 3 or 4. I admit I'm not paying close attention.

Still, all I can come up with is CC spend on one card, Live Club 2500 mile redemption, and the Sentry Insurance 250 mile credit. That's 3, and depending on when they count an e-miles transfer that was submitted in June but posted in July, that may be 4.

I might actually try to go for 24 hits if they think I've got at least 8 now.

Anyone want to pair up and earn a hit each by sharing 1000 miles?

Last edited by ArizonaGuy; Aug 26, 2008 at 2:04 pm
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
In my case, 16000 bonus posted earlier in the day although miles for only 12 hits have been posted to my account. The bonus miles appeared under the statement activity. But now it has disappeared. The total miles balance still show the 16K. I think they screwed it up and now trying to fix it.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 5:11 pm

I am so glad they didn't hire me in their IT shop 4 years ago.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: Continental Silver, Amtrak Select Plus
4000 miles just posted to my account but nothing is listed under activity (I just noticed an increase in total miles). I don't actually remember doing any "hits".
Old Aug 27, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Has anyone received a free 4K in DM?

Somehow, 4K just mysteriously showed up in my Dividend Miles account this morning.....did this happen to anyone else?

Just when I try and burn all of them, they beat me over the head and give me more
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:08 am

Well, they oddly doled out "Grand Slam Summer Promotion" bonuses to many yesterday. I got 8000, someone else got 16,000. But shortly after, that line item was no longer listed on the "view my miles" page, but the overall total still had the bonus miles.

This is strange because I thought first of all that they weren't going to get the miles posted until Sept 12th (after screwing up August 12th). Second of all, I have no idea how I have enough hits for 8000 bonus miles.

As long as they stay in my account, I won't say a word. It puts me that much closer to the 2 F awards to Asia that I'm after before dumping my account.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Did you register for the Grand Slam Promotion? It's pretty easy to get 4 of the hits without even trying. Maybe the points are posting for that.

Rich
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Nope-I did not register for the promo at all since I never buy things online nor do I use any of the US partners. This seems to be a bonus like the "faux GOLD" status they gave out for no reason at the end of 2005.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
I did not receive any extra miles.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I received a 4K boost myself, but it does not show in the list of transactions, just in my total miles. I am registered for the promo, but the only hit I may have is one Super Shuttle ride.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: Continental Silver, Amtrak Select Plus
I got 4000 miles too.
I registered for the grand slam promo but I don't recall actually getting any hits.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 9:53 am

So after the 8000 mile bump yesterday and actually seeing the Grand Slam bonus listed, and then having that disappear but miles remain..

I've received another 8000 mile bump this morning, and still no details reflected.

They do this again tomorrow, maybe they'll think I'm one of the first 50 to 24000 bonus miles and give me *G?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.