Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam Summer Promotion 40,000 Miles Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:55 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
US Airways moved my 20,000 bonus back to August, I'm guessing they put it where I earned it for purposes of determining the first 50 ...
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Live Search will definitely count. But as has been mentioned here and confirmed in my own response from DM Service Center, some hits (Reservation Rewards and the Points.com Incentives, aka Live Search for me) won't be calculated until December.
I asked and also got the same answer. So, most of us will need to wait until Dec 12 to see our bonus miles. What are the current odds in Vegas as to how badly they will screw this up?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
I asked and also got the same answer. So, most of us will need to wait until Dec 12 to see our bonus miles. What are the current odds in Vegas as to how badly they will screw this up?
You will see the economy turn around and GM as the leading car maker in the world before you see those miles.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Got my final bump today. Thought LSC miles from early November had finally posted but was wrong.

At least they kept their end of the bargain on this promo for me.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Got my final bump today. Thought LSC miles from early November had finally posted but was wrong.

At least they kept their end of the bargain on this promo for me.
All of my activity was within the first week of the promotion, and 4k finally posted today. Had actually expected nothing to post and am getting tired of fighting for every d*** mile, so this was finally a pleasant surprise.

If I had known I'd've gotten another 50k in the months since the promo ended I would've done a few more activities...
Old Dec 12, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
All of my activity was within the first week of the promotion, and 4k finally posted today. Had actually expected nothing to post and am getting tired of fighting for every d*** mile, so this was finally a pleasant surprise.

If I had known I'd've gotten another 50k in the months since the promo ended I would've done a few more activities...

??? I'm lost here, how would you have gotten 50K in the months since the promo?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by terockwo
??? I'm lost here, how would you have gotten 50K in the months since the promo?
Maybe he actually had flights credited to the account ... or used the credit card ... or Dining for Miles ... lots of ways to earn 50k miles ...

I received my final 10k today and also just received an email that I was one of the first 50 to get to 24, they want the name DM account of my nominee by Monday ... they specifically mention that it is against the rules to sell the nomination on auction and other internet sites too (of course, by giving you just three days to nominate someone they cut down on the chances of it greatly anyway!).
Old Dec 12, 2008, 5:36 pm

Coupon Connection?? I could use that gold nicely since I'm just a silver, I got MR miles to trade too.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Beckles
Maybe he actually had flights credited to the account ... or used the credit card ... or Dining for Miles ... lots of ways to earn 50k miles ...
All of the above, and if I had been able to predict our earnings I would've followed your list (I think you posted a list of activities early in the thread, no?) and gotten 24+ activities to get me to a decent Asia award. It'll just take a while longer now...

Going back to my mindset, I think I was too concerned about the financial health of US with high oil prices to put the time or energy into it. Alas, hindsight is 20/20.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 10:14 pm

Here's the full email:

Dear Mr. Beckles,

Congratulations! You have earned a minimum 24 hits and a ?Grand Slam? as part of our recent Grand Slam Promotion. In addition to the bonus miles earned, you and a friend have earned Gold Preferred status nominations for the 2009 Dividend Miles program year.

Please reply to this e-mail by Monday, December 15 with the name and Dividend Miles number for the friend (or family member) that will also receive the Gold nomination. If your nominee is not currently a member of the Dividend Miles program, please have them enroll using the link below and include their new number in your response.

https://www.usairways.com/awa/profil...ofileInfo.aspx

As a reminder, it is a violation of Dividend Miles policies to sell status or nominations. We actively monitor auction and sale sites for those that may violate these policies.

We look forward to your prompt response and will send a confirmation when the nominations have been completed. We value your business and want to thank you for your continued support of US Airways.

Best regards,

Linda Glenn
US Airways
Dividend Miles Service Center
Old Dec 13, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
me too

even I made the cut. US Air dividend gold for me and a nomination.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by venkat
even I made the cut. US Air dividend gold for me and a nomination.
Out of curiosity, I'd love to know at what point in the promotion you completed your 24th hit. Rough idea at least, since knowing exactly when US counts it is unknown - whether based on transaction date versus miles posting as we know could be far apart.

If that 24th hit wasn't until late September, it's possible that the didn't even have 50 people reach that level.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When is it considered appropriate to email US about our miles not posting for this?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
When is it considered appropriate to email US about our miles not posting for this?
I'd say now is good. Email and list your individual hits, and indicate whether they've posted to your DM account or not.

That's the biggest point - if at least 4 "hits" posted but you didn't get the bonus miles for those 4 hits, seems likely they've not given bonus miles owed to you.

If the hits haven't posted to DM, you probably need to go with the mile-giving merchant first to find out whether they've submitted your miles.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
Activity Date of 10/10 for my 24th "Hit" = GOLD

Out of curiosity, I'd love to know at what point in the promotion you completed your 24th hit. Rough idea at least, since knowing exactly when US counts it is unknown - whether based on transaction date versus miles posting as we know could be far apart.

If that 24th hit wasn't until late September, it's possible that the didn't even have 50 people reach that level.
I can confirm your curiosity ArizonaGuy...

I was kinda humming along with this promotion & I only had only completed the activity for 12 hits by Sept 1. Mid-Sept onward when I realized I was within striking distance (of 40K) I picked up the pace to try for the full 28 hits by Sept 30th at Midnight. I literally completed the activity for my last 4 hits on Sept 30th, which included "Hits" 24, 25, 26, 27.

A small purchase from Bose that is listed on my Dividend Miles Account with an [B]activity date of 10/10/08 & a posting date of 10/15/08 happened to be my 24th HIT & good enough for GOLD. I had to trade several emails with US customer service to make sure it would be a "Qualifying" Hit.

I've yet to figure out exactly how, but after all the time, $ & effort, I must have miscounted because I only ended up with 27 Qualifying Hits. Grrrr.

But nonetheless I too received the email for Gold for myself, & the ability to nominate Gold Status to a friend or family member.... I don't know who I'm gonna give it to because none of my family really flies very much, if at all... Im supposed to email US AIR by today (anyone think that was a mighty quick turnaround expected for us to choose who to give it to? 5PM Friday to Monday?)

Hope this satisfies your curiousity...
Best,
Todd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.