Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:42 am
Suspended

Drinks on ground in first

The last three flights on US Air, no drinks on ground while waiting for boarding. FAs said they don't do that anymore. Wrote customer service and they said it is still policy (unless, of course, rapid boarding). They sent email to "FA" in future
Old Feb 2, 2010, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by jrhmdtraum
The last three flights on US Air, no drinks on ground while waiting for boarding. FAs said they don't do that anymore. Wrote customer service and they said it is still policy (unless, of course, rapid boarding). They sent email to "FA" in future
The f/a's are lying. The company is right.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jrhmdtraum
As flight62 points out, the FAs are wrong. However, if in Florida or Utah, US cannot serve drinks on the ground, correct?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: None
Don't know about Utah, but no alcoholic drinks on ground in Florida or New Mexico. (I'm not sure but think no alcoholic drinks in flight to/from NM). Non-alcoholic drinks are fine and can be served on the ground in every state.

Jim
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:54 pm

No alcohol can be served on the ground in FL. No alcohol can be served in/out of NM. Also on international flights the beverage carts are sealed, that why there is a OJ, sparkling wine, mimosa service. Any other time we are still to do a full predeparture service time permiting.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Thanks Jim and tahitigirl, I was thinking alcoholic drinks. You mean there's another kind?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:22 pm

I'm almost always in coach - what's a pre-departure beverage?

Jim
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:21 am

Onboard INCIDENT -- OXYGEN in canister, not masks? Need fligth attendant answer!

In 1999 I was on a small regional jet going to Dallas Ft. Worth. We were not very high, low enough to see houses, fields, etc. The entire flight was through a rough storm and it was very bumpy. During what was maybe the final 15 minutes of the flight (hard to tell because I was pretty freaked out) the plane began dipping side to side slightly and dipping down, then up again. Not nose first but more like driving over rolling hills. There was no rain at this time but the skies were literally black.

As we were descending a flight attendant suddenly appeared with a large metal canister held over her head, and ran (UPhill towards me, that's how I'm sure we were descending) from the front of the plane, down the aisle towards the back (I was in the last row) spraying something I can only assume was oxygen into the air. She did it only once and we landed shortly after. In a VERY bumpy, side-to-side-dipping landing.

No masks came down, but we were obviously not high enough to need them. There was applause upon landing but no one ever said anything to us. No acknowledgment from the cockpit or attendants.

This has plagued me, very much traumatized me over the years and only recently have I begun flying again. I have researched for hours and hours online to find no info on what could have been in that canister and what could have caused her to do that.

ANYONE??????
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:57 am

If the masks didn't drop, you were low enough not to need oxygen added to the cabin air - you're at a higher altitude than the masks drop if you go skiing at some of the ski areas in the Rockies.

There could have been someone seated behind you that needed supplemental oxygen (anxiety, stress, etc), but other than that I can't think of anything.

Jim
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
One would not spray O2 in the air like that. Those O2 cylinders should have regulator and mask on it.

What color was the cylinder?

you sure it was spraying into the air? Was the cylinder red?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:16 am

It was silver colored. I was in the last row. The plane was tiny... 2 seats on one side, 1 seat on the other. I was in the 1 seat side, very back. MAYBE 15 rows, tops.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by danamassat
It was silver colored. I was in the last row. The plane was tiny... 2 seats on one side, 1 seat on the other. I was in the 1 seat side, very back. MAYBE 15 rows, tops.
So she was discharging something behind you in the galley? Did you see any dust coming out of it? Or did you just hear the discharge?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:05 pm

No, she started at the front of the plane and discharged it as she was walking towards the back of the plane. I SAW the 'mist' coming out. I don't know what she did with it when she got to the back.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:07 pm

Were you perhaps coming from Mexico or other international origin?

Jim
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Were you perhaps coming from Mexico or other international origin?

Jim
Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Bug spray? Insecticide?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.