Wiki Posts
Search

US or UA for SFO-PHL in F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

UA, no question.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
As for showers, neither UA or US has them in their regular domestic lounges at LAX. UA has an international first class lounge at LAX, but I've never been there and don't know if the access rules apply for your flights. You might want to ask on the UA forum. UA also has an IFL at SFO.
No showers at UA LAX station, not even in the IFL. Access to the IFL requires an F BP for either an international flight or PS service. It's nice lounge, though, especially by USA standards and the CSR's are among the best I have ever encountered.

Although Gotta mentioned he was on an RTW ticket ("so paid F"), it's not clear that he is in paid international F or paid C, which (usually) books into F for domestic US. All this is probably a moot point, since s/he will be flying NZ, which only has C, no F.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by sbtinme
I disagree with most every point above. I would go well out of my way, even delaying my trip several hours, to fly UA vs US on paid F.

I do not agree that the food is fine. I find it gross. A frozen calzone warmed in the oven and plated is not my idea of F cuisine on a transcon, period. UA wins this contest by very wide margin.

Just my thoughts. I simply cannot imagine folks who've flown on UA and US extensively offering advice that US would win the contest. I can't see where that would be the case on any single measurable.
Amen! Amen! And Amen again, 12 times over.....I think you are EXACTLY right. And I have flown both, multiple times. Frankly, I'm done paying for US Airways God-awful 1st Class. If I see one more soggy, crappy calzone, I think I'll hurl. And that's all they've had for the past 18 months.

US 1st Class is an embarrassment to biz travelers and the good people who work on the front lines of US.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk, VanTheMan63
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
It will be a business RTW which books into A class - so equiv. of paid F for domestic United States.

Sounds like, if I can't get a Fly US - in the US forum, then UA here I come!

And 24 minutes doesn't sound like much - but that also means getting to the hotel 24 minutes earlier, and getting to a bed 24 minutes earlier after flying 24 hours.

It shouldn't matter, but one other reason why I was going to consider US was that it wasn't going to be the last flight of the day. If something goes wrong, there was a flight from PHX to IAH after the ones I talked about. A lot of the "guidence" on flyertalk is never book last flight of the day.

Plus never flown on HP, never been to PHX - and I guess I won't on this trip either.

Thanks all for the help.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by FrequentHopper
Long story short: fly United.

Long story slightly longer than short: United has better food, more comfortable seats, and better IFE.
Well put. If you are paying cash for the tickets (compared to trying to upgrade which would be significantly harder on UA) - no question - UA all the way.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by kudzu
Welcome to FlyerTalk, VanTheMan63
What kudzu said!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.