Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Preferred Promo: Everything Counts (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Whoo-hoo!! Just in time for my $100 MR to LAX
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:25 am

Heck Yeah, this is perfect for my BWI-LAX trip tomorrow

But I flew on United Saturday...and they posted today...any chance you guys think I could get the bonus miles converted?

would get me an extra 2k...CP desk here I come
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Given this statement: Base, Bonus, and ADD miles earned through qualifying partners are included in this promotion, I would read it the same way. Bonus (i.e. elite status and class-of-service) mileage earned on partner airlines counts in this promotion toward elite status.

It's hard to believe that's what they intended.

By the way, what's "ADD miles"?
As much as I'd like it to be that way, that's not how I read it. "Base, Bonus, and ADD miles earned through qualifying partners are included in this promotion". Usually the phrase "qualifying partners" means rental cars, flowers, etc. I would think that if elite bonus miles counted they would specifically mention it as part of the promo in the top part of the page.

But who knows, I hope I'm wrong.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:29 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Do Bonus Miles on USAir Count As Well

Let me be clear, if anyone has an answer.

If I travel from say BOS-PHX and would normally earn:

4600 miles OW as a CP (2x2300 bae miles)
2300 Preferred miles OW

Does this mean, I'll get
4600 base miles
4600 Preferred miles?

If so.. that would rock!.. If not... do I have to sleep my way to the top again? Via hotels that is...
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Press release issued this morning

At US Airways, Everything Counts!

Introducing Over 50 Ways to Earn Preferred Qualifying Miles

TEMPE, Ariz., Oct 2, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) understands that the end of the year is crunch time for Dividend Miles members to qualify for the next tier of Preferred status. That's why the airline created the Everything Counts promotion -- a new opportunity for members to earn extra Preferred qualifying miles between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO )

Preferred members at US Airways earn free first class upgrades, "front of the line" access at the security lines at many major airports, and a host of other benefits. Silver, Gold, Platinum or Chairman's Preferred status is typically only earned by flying on US Airways, through its partner airlines, or by using the US Airways Visa or MasterCard.

"US Airways has created an unprecedented opportunity for travelers looking to qualify for the next tier of Preferred status," says Travis Christ, vice president, sales and marketing. "Through the end of the year, we're making it possible to accrue miles with or without flying. Hotel stays, car rentals, even by sending flowers, you can earn miles -- in this promotion, Everything Counts!"

With Everything Counts, there are over 50 partners through which Preferred qualifying miles may be earned. In addition to miles from US Airways and Star Alliance(TM) member airlines, select partners such as hotels, car rentals, and more have joined together to enhance this unique opportunity. Additionally, members who sign up for a US Airways Premier World MasterCard or Signature Visa card and charge more than $25,000 in net purchases during the calendar year will continue to enjoy the exclusive benefit of having 10,000 base miles converted to Preferred miles. For all participating partners, as well as more information on the Everything Counts promotion*, visit usairways.com/everythingcounts.

The new Dividend Miles program combines the best of the former America West FlightFund and former US Airways programs, and has been dubbed " ... the richest program in the world," by InsideFlyer Magazine. . .
Emphasis mine. Don't you just love hearing that InsideFlyer accolade over and over again?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
If status bonuses count, that would be a remarkably generous promo. I'd find it very useful, since I'm coming up a bit short of CP this year and the status bonuses would make requalifying easy, no MRs required. I think the fine print is ambigous though.... we'll see.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by hoobly
If status bonuses count, that would be a remarkably generous promo. I'd find it very useful, since I'm coming up a bit short of CP this year and the status bonuses would make requalifying easy, no MRs required. I think the fine print is ambigous though.... we'll see.
If you compare this to a UNITED double EQM miles promo... it would be VERY similar except only the highest status people get the double miles, golds get 1.5x as much and so on... In theory those that travel alot will pull away with the 2x promotion. Those at the silver level MIGHT make gold... and the middle will likely see more platinums...

Those traveling say 10,000 (2 transcons) miles would earn
No Status 10K
SP 12500 (half a level)
GP 15000 (about a half level toward GP)
PP 17500 (a good chunk toward CP)
CP 20000 (solidify them as a CP if they were close)

This combined with the downgrade at UA to no E+ status might convince UA people to defect a bit if they have any US status..

Just a thought.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Trying to get clarification from CP Desk / DM Svc Ctr Now!!!

I have been on hold/transfered/disconnected for over an hour trying to find 1 person at US who has been informed/trained on the specifics of this promotion. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! My next call might be to Executive Consumer Relations in Tempe. If I get any reasonable explanation I will post it ASAP.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:45 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Emphasis mine. Don't you just love hearing that InsideFlyer accolade over and over again?
Actually it's the phrase before your emphasized line that burns me... "The new Dividend Miles program combines the best of the former America West FlightFund and former US Airways programs".

We could easily make a long laundry list here where this statement falls short.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:58 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Actually it's the phrase before your emphasized line that burns me... "The new Dividend Miles program combines the best of the former America West FlightFund and former US Airways programs".

We could easily make a long laundry list here where this statement falls short.
I agree the statement falls short. But as I guessed before, US Airways needed to focus on combining everything and working out bugs before they start winning back customers. If you Promo too quickly to a product that is not ready, you are goign to disappoint. Add that you need to run the airline in the meantime, and it is a tight balancing act.

I hope this is the sign of more to come as the merger gets finalized or stabilizes!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:13 am

Just spoke with a rep in the DMSC, he checked with a supervisor and he said that preferred bonus miles WILL count towards preferred status.

Lets hope it's true!!!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
Just spoke with a rep in the DMSC, he checked with a supervisor and he said that preferred bonus miles WILL count towards preferred status.

Lets hope it's true!!!
If that is true, sigh... just had my Transcon end last week.. now I need to get to the east coast more
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: US Airways SP, Hilton Gold VIP,National Emerald,AVIS Preferred
Red face Besides Hilton and Marriott miles towards US Pref.

They not risking anything big, you can seldomly get more then 2-3k from even expensive 1 week hotel stay... but bonus on miles flown.. this one is big..

I'm going before 1/1/07 PHL to SEA, LAS, SAN and FRA.. and with bonuses I'll make CP, without may be PLAT.

Also, any chance of getting preffered bonus from BofA or new master card??? I have both, and got my bonus 10k from BofA alredy, still waiting from MC...
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
If that is true, sigh... just had my Transcon end last week.. now I need to get to the east coast more
I'll believe it when I see it. If anyone is flying today please report the results back here when your miles have posted.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:24 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I don't believe I would be booking any MR until this is cleared up. This is so poorly written it is hard to tell what they really mean. I do not see any reference anywhere that says bonus miles on US count toward status. However it does say this....

You can earn Preferred-qualifying miles with your hotel stays and car rentals, and even by sending flowers! Add that to the Preferred-qualifying miles you already earn flying on US and all Star Alliance partners, and getting to Preferred status has never been faster or easier. This seems pretty clear to me and means that you can add the other miles from the listed prefered partners to the prefered qualifying miles you already earn on US and *A. IT SAYS NOTHING about bonus miles.

To those pointing to the mention of bonus miles in the T&C, it qualifies it by saying "on the qualifying partners listed above".

Looks to me to be hotels, cars, flowers, etc. only.......

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Oct 2, 2006 at 10:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.