Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Preferred Promo: Everything Counts (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Am I the only one who doesn't like this promo? As a CP who has already requalified for next year, I would rather have people qualify for status through BIS miles. I was happy all year long that they haven't been running any promos and hoping the CP ranks would be thinned a bit next year with the reduction of F seats in the fleet coming online over the next few months.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:38 pm

Location: Dirt USair, Gold Hilton, Gold Marriott, Platinum Hyatt
FTD.com also carries Hersheys gifts. I just did a quick check and prices on FTD look comparable to buying direct from Hersheys. I've been giving Hersheys as Holiday business gifts for the past few years and it looks like FTD gets the biz this year!

$700.00 x 20miles/$ = 14,000 status miles.

Throw in a couple rental cars and hotels...CP for 2007 without MR's
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Royiv
Am I the only one who doesn't like this promo? As a CP who has already requalified for next year, I would rather have people qualify for status through BIS miles. I was happy all year long that they haven't been running any promos and hoping the CP ranks would be thinned a bit next year with the reduction of F seats in the fleet coming online over the next few months.
They will still be thinned drastically. I'm a CP on 47K BIS miles during 2005. Flying about the same in 2006 - this promo may help me get to GP. I'll get there through running anyways. But between disenfranchised FFs who have left and far fewer promos (even with this one) the ranks will def. be thinned dramatically.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: us1
If my math is right

you could earn CP for $5K without stepping on a plane. 100K/20 miles per $ at FTD.....

Depening on what you value the TA certs at, that could be a deal.....
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Do you think this is in anticipation of drastically thinned CP ranks for 2007?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
Hmm...the GF might get suspicious if I start buying her a couple hundred $$ worth of flowers...then when I have to show her FT to explain it all.....I lose the brownie points...hmmmmm
Plus then I can only imagine what she will be expecting for V-day next year
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: CO-P, HH-DIAMOND, *WOOD-PLAT
Just got off the phone with DM service center.

Status bonus miles do NOT count...

the 5000 bonus miles associated with joining the club DO count... ($300 for a club membership / 5000 mile bonus = $.06/mile)... not great, but you get a year of club membership to go along with your status

This promo is great for me... I made Platinum with my "Elite Trial" or challenge as its usually called here on FT, but without this would have been a bit shy of making platinum overall... thus locking me into only gold... now i should have no problem making platinum (HHonors, Avis, etc).

I might even be able to make an MR or two to pull of CP... hmm....

SH*T I forgot to ask them for verification on whether or not DM Dining counted in this promo... anyone know?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:25 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I need 15,468 miles to make it to gold. Can anyone recommend a MR (out of PHL) or offer that would benefit me? Like ftd.com? I do have at least one trip (PHL-FLL - about 2K miles) later this year. I did the majority of my miles from January till May.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by USAflyer
Through the end of the year, USAir is counting miles earned through most hotel and car partners toward earning preferred status.
I was wondering why my preferred mileage did a BIG jump all of a sudden.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by CarpeDiemPHX
the 5000 bonus miles associated with joining the club DO count... ($300 for a club membership / 5000 mile bonus = $.06/mile)... not great, but you get a year of club membership to go along with your status

My 5K bonus just posted on 9/26. What do you think the chances are of having these included in the promo?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Karen_123987
One note, though... read that fine print again. I'm not seeing US allowing bonus miles on star alliance partners to count preferred. I could be wrong, but on a close read, I don't think that's what they're saying.
I think we need a definition of "qualifying partner"...

Last edited by me4yankees; Oct 2, 2006 at 5:13 pm
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by sdlevi27
I'll believe it when I see it. If anyone is flying today please report the results back here when your miles have posted.
I flew September 29-October 1 on UA, 4 segments, and the miles have already posted as of October 2. My preferred miles really jumped, so I believe it is working.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by ackpfft
Hmm...the GF might get suspicious if I start buying her a couple hundred $$ worth of flowers...then when I have to show her FT to explain it all.....I lose the brownie points...hmmmmm
Plus then I can only imagine what she will be expecting for V-day next year
or she'll wonder why there is a sudden decrease in flowers on 12/31/2006
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:25 pm

REVISED/UPDATED TERMS and CONDITIONS

Terms & Conditions: (1) Only miles earned from Dividend Miles qualifying partners listed above (in addition to Star Alliance member airlines, Virgin Atlantic Airways, Caribbean Star Airlines, Caribbean Sun Airlines, Bahamas Air, Big Sky Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines in eligible classes) are eligible for this promotion. In addition, members who sign up for a US Airways World MasterCard or US Airways Visa Signature card and charge more than $25,000 in net purchases during the calendar year enjoy the exclusive benefit of having 10,000 base miles converted to Preferred miles. (2) Only miles earned from 10/1/2006 and 12/31/2006 are eligible for Preferred status during this promotion. (3) Dividend Miles number must be entered at the time of booking to receive mileage credit. (4) Base, Bonus, and Airline Direct Deposit (ADD) miles earned through qualifying partners are included in this promotion. Bonus flight miles on US Airways and our airline partners and hotel transfer miles are not eligible. (5) Dividend Miles mileage accrual is subject to restrictions, and may take up to 6-8 weeks to post to the account. (6) US Airways is not responsible for the quality or delivery of goods and/or services provided by Dividend Miles partners. (7) All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply and may change without notice. Bookmark usairways.com/dm for the most up-to-date information on the Dividend Miles program.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Do you have to register for this? If so, how? Great to run a program without clear instructions as to how we can take advantage of it.

I'm been a CP since 1998......only 40K miles this year, BUT with incentive I could actually make CP again due to a couple of international trips coming up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.