Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 11:16 am

Assuming he qualifies as a celebrity, Al Gore and a small entourage in 1A, C, D, and F on the shuttle from LGA-BOS last Tuesday afternoon. He and group were allowed to board prior to other passengers. I thought the lady in 2F would have a stroke fawning over him.
Old May 2, 2006, 5:17 pm

Hey if he hadn't invented the internet we wouldn't all know eact other and have a place to vent, etc
Old May 2, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I met a quasi celebrity last Friday in LAX at the club--Doug Llewelyn, the guy doing the interviews on the Peoples Court. He was very friendly, and we had an interesting conversation.

Other than sitting next to John Candy LGA-YYZ back in 1985, that's about it for me.
He was nice too--what a loss.
Old May 3, 2006, 10:30 am

I've seen Doug Llewelyn on the CLT-LAX flight a few times. I think he lives in South Carolina.

Valerie Harper was on my flight from PHX-LAX on April 16.
Old May 3, 2006, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Al Roker and I had a hysterical time together on an RJ once to LGA, can't remember where we were coming from but he was great to just shoot the breeze with.

Over the years I've been in the air with Keifer Sutherland, Bruce Vilanch (if you want to call him a celeb), Larry David, Bobcat Goldwaith, Dave Thomas (Former CEO of Wendy's), Jody Shelley (Columbus Blue Jackets), a handful of MLB, NHL, NFL and MLS players...

...and lots of married couples whom one day will become famous after the ghastly murder of the other. Is it just me or do long haul flights bring out the very worst in couples? Was anyone else on the PHX-CLT flight April 2nd with the couple in 2 D/F and the broken seat? Holy cow! A divorce lawyer is going to be rolling in the bank after dealing with those two.

(tongue firmly in cheek)
Old May 3, 2006, 1:06 pm

Jack Lalane & his wife were in the club at LAX on Sunday. He was very courtly -- kissed my hand!
Old May 5, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: US CP (Founding Member)
My wife and I sat across from Richard Simmons Monday out of CLT to LAX, in First. He asked me to help get his baggage from overhead, and said "It's so nice to be tall." He was slept the whole way, but was nice.
Old May 5, 2006, 4:04 pm

Only time I sat next to a celebrity was on US 81 PHL-LAX (26 June, 2005) last year on my way to SYD. I was next to Sally Field. I was 2C, she was 2A. I found out 2 weeks ago on my way to MBJ from the same F/A that was on the LAX flight, that I sat next to someone famous. At that time, I did not even know she was famous. But she used the airphone for 2 hours, so I assumed she was pretty wealthy. Anyway we talked about the most regular things you could talk about. Airplanes, Dividend Miles, Europe, my school. She had a sewing kit out during the entire time. She was real nice though. At the end I managed to blurt out, that if she was on the same day flying back LAX-PHL, I would try to upgrade her to F using my then lowly silver. She smiled and said she's already confirmed in it. Now I know why !
Old May 5, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
I've had several celebrity brushes on CO and DL, but only two - that I know of - on US:

Olympic gold medalist wrestler and WWE 'wrassler' Kurt Angle BOS-PIT. No security concerns on that flight.

Democratic strategist James Carville RDU-LGA (RJ). I worked the UNC/Duke basketball game that he attended the night before. He was pleasant enough to me - talking about the game and life in general, but turned cold whenever other pax approached him about politics.
Old May 6, 2006, 5:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Only time I sat next to a celebrity was on US 81 PHL-LAX (26 June, 2005) last year on my way to SYD. I was next to Sally Field. I was 2C, she was 2A. I found out 2 weeks ago on my way to MBJ from the same F/A that was on the LAX flight, that I sat next to someone famous. At that time, I did not even know she was famous.

King- you have succeeded in making me feel old. I thought everyone would know Sally Field. Again...sometimes I forget that I'm 40. OK, 41. OK, almost 42. Had you known her filmography, I could have posted some joke where she said, "you upgraded me! you really upgraded me!". But sadly, it would be lost. Anyway, a transcon with Sally Field would have been a tremendous experience for me.

I got Newt Gingrich LGA-DCA.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:52 am

Programs: UA, DL, Hilton etc.
Chatted briefly with Bob Woodward on Thursday as we were both trying to reclaim our luggage from cancelled shuttle flights at LGA. Very charismatic guy and I can see how he has developed so many "sources" over the years. He ended up taking the Acela to DC instead.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Celebrity sightings on US while sitting in FC: Former NY mayor David Dinkins, Ric Flair.

Sat beside Phylicia Rashad once in FC. She was very kind and gracious.
(For the younger FTers, she was the wife/mother on both Cosby shows and formerly married to Ahmad Rashad, the TV sportscaster.)
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: Free Agent
Ron Jeremy, July 1, 1A, CLT-LAX
Old Aug 13, 2006, 2:12 pm

Red face

Hi PBI Guy

Heather Locklear PBI-PHL August 3 F 3A, I was in 3C Got an autograph and her agent's ph #...promised me a small part in whatever godforsaken movie/show she has next. ^
Old Aug 13, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PBIGuy
Ron Jeremy, July 1, 1A, CLT-LAX
Was it a lonnnng flight or just delayed? Would it be premature to ask if he spoke with you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.