Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2005, 5:44 pm

so far nobody has mentioned seeing me!

I've flown with Slick Eddie Rendell (PA gov) and Julius Erving several times. J was accessible and friendly. Rendell worked the plane shamelessly. Chatted w/ Joan Collins (or was it Jackie...whatever) in LAX club a while ago. Fairly FOS.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:09 pm

Programs: HP-Gold
Celebrity in club

Saw Gary Busey in LAX club about year ago (just before it closed). He wanted a gin and tonic. Which he received complimentary after they found some limes.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:47 am

Jack Kemp (football great, former Congressman, & 1996 VP candidate) was on the 6 pm LGA-DCA shuttle on 9/27/05 riding in 1F. He ate a bag of chips from the basket (if anyone needs to know).
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by GoodTimePete
from LAX to CLT last year, also fles with wrestler Rick "WHOO" Flair once...
I lived roughly "down the street" from Rick Flair in CLT (actually, Matthews at the time but since annexed into Charlotte) a few years back. From the very limited interactions we had with them, they seemed like a nice family.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
I sat next to Dr. Ruth in 2C on the Shuttle about two months ago. I keep kicking myself for not asking her for any free advice, but it was the 7AM DCA-LGA run and I wasn't in the mood.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:35 am

Bill Nye the Science Guy

Saw him in queue at the US counter at DCA. looked just like on ETV, bow tie and all. Couldn't get my son, who used to devour his shows, to go up and talk to him.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services
Sat next to our very own "US Airways Fan" on a flight from DCA to ORD back in June. Very nice guy!
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:36 am

Had the good fortune to sit next to Torrie Wilson of WWE Divas fame on a flt from Tampa to DFW. I am waiting to board and here comes this tall, tanned, blonde. It was an early morning flight, so she slept most of the way. I sat and tried not to look like some sort of perv.

Was across the isle from Jullian Moore (small woman, wore no make-up) a very natural beauty. She was traveling with her young son (probably 7-8) and going to NY from MCO after a Disney trip.

Saw Ronnie Dunn (of Brooks & Dunn country duo fame) in the AA club at DFW.

And was a few seats behind Arie Fleischer (fmr. Press Sec for W).
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: USAIR CP
Originally Posted by SS255
About a year-and-a-half ago, I was sitting in 1C and the late, great Bob Denver was in 1F. The FA's were making quite a fuss over him, as you can imagine.
Good thing he wasn't flying the plane.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by riprazor
Or his more musically inclined namesake John. . .
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by riprazor
You are thinking about John Denver who died in a plane crash. SS255 is refering to Bob Denver (Gilligan), at lease I think he is.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: USAIR CP
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
You are thinking about John Denver who died in a plane crash. SS255 is refering to Bob Denver (Gilligan), at lease I think he is.
You're right....and I thought I was being so clever.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee

I believe you mean she (SS255) is.....
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Thanks, Dukeman!

Yes, it was most definitely Gilligan.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Back in the mid-90s when I lived in Philadelphia I was returning home from a weekend at my parents' and was flying PIT-PHL and I ended up sitting next to Jason Kendall from the Pirates (in coach, no less!). He was flying to Philly for the All Star Game. I didn't know who he was, so I didn't talk to him.

About a month later I was flying PHL-PIT and Tom Bosley (Mr. Cunningham from "Happy Days") was sitting in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.