Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: World Perks, Hilton Diamond, Midwest Miles, Mileage Plus, Marriott Plat, Free Spirit
Originally Posted by PHL INTL TERMINAL
I know I've mentioned this before, but on many occasions, I've sat near the honorable Gov. Rendel on PHL PIT flights. While mayor, he flew in coach, but as Gov., he was up front. Seems like a nice guy and was always nice to the people next to him.

Sure he is! Ask Neil Ferber - Wrongfully convicted by Fast Eddie to further his political career Go Here

Back on topic I rode with Darryl Dawkins in F about a year ago PHL-LAX.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:47 am

Programs: Lots
I've had him on a MDT-PHL flight. I was on reduced rest and the plane left 15 min late because of it. Let's just say he wouldn't vote for me if the shoe was on the other foot.....

Also had Wayne Newton, John Voigt, Andi McDowell, Grumpy Jenkins (pro stock legend) and the guy from ER who's name escapes me on flights I was working.

Seen Flava Flav in the airport twice, spoke to Cory McClenathan (NHRA Top Fuel driver). Seen Greg Anderson, Scott Weis, John Kruk, and Lee Ann Rimes floating around the airport at times.

Actually bumped Andi McDowell off an airplane out of AVL once for weight and balance.

When I was flying corporate stuff I had some good conversations with Rusty Wallace and Tony Stewart. Rusty was very nice both times I ran into him and enjoyed some good Learjet conversations with the guy.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
Over my many years on US:

Alan Thicke (US Club in PIT)
Jacques Cousteau (newstand @ LGA)
Dick Clark (US Club in LAX)
Martina Navritolova (sp?) (Envoy, LGW-CLT, with a hot female companion)
Jack Germond (first, MSY-LGA)
Ted Kennedy (coach, PVD-DCA)
Barney Frank (coach, DCA-PVD)
and the mother of all sightings, former prez Bill Clinton and secret service detail (LGA-DCA)
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:31 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by rhodeweary

I was delayed on a shuttle flight back in the early 90's from DCA-BOS waiting for the good senator to get to DCA.

Add to this list:
Rob Lowe (PI club in DAY late 80s).
Downtown Julie Brown of MTV fame, early 90s, BWI-LGA FC.

I'm sure I've flown with other celeb's in my many years with US, but I can't think of them at the moment.

I also waited standby on a March Sunday AM in 1999 in TPA with John Candelaria (former ML pitcher with the World Champion 1979 Pirates). He was a nonrev, so I don't know if his wife worked for US or he was consulting for US.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by rhodeweary

Alan Thicke (US Club in PIT)
Jacques Cousteau (newstand @ LGA)
Dick Clark (US Club in LAX)
Martina Navritolova (sp?) (Envoy, LGW-CLT, with a hot female companion)
Jack Germond (first, MSY-LGA)
Barney Frank (coach, DCA-PVD)
and the mother of all sightings, former prez Bill Clinton and secret service detail (LGA-DCA)
Jack Germond. That just brought up a funny memory. I was working on a pres campaign in '92 and was doing advance in Orlando for the FL straw poll. As we are waiting to get the little metro/shuttle thing heading to the gate, my boss tells me to go chat up Germond who is waiting for the same shuttle, to keep him away from the candidate. So I'm standing at one end of the little shuttle chatting with Jack, while the candidate and his posse of handlers are at the other end. I don't know ... I was saying but I look up and the posse are all staring over at us, and my boss is running his finger across his throat and glaring at me. Ah, good times.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
I checked in behind Jada Pinkett Smith (and entourage) at BWI a few weeks ago. Jada is a Baltimore native and her family still lives in B'more. On the return trip from LAX back to BWI, I sat next to Debbie Allen (in F) who was headed to DC for a reunion at Howard University, her alma mater. I've also been on US flights with Sinbad, Arthur Ashe (years ago obviously) and Troy Aiken. I was also seated next to Grover Washington (in F) on a Bermuda-PHL flight. He had just performed the previous night at the Bermuda Jazz Festival, which I had attended.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:58 am

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by DashPilot
I've had him on a MDT-PHL flight. I was on reduced rest and the plane left 15 min late because of it. Let's just say he wouldn't vote for me if the shoe was on the other foot.....

Also had Wayne Newton, John Voigt, Andi McDowell, Grumpy Jenkins (pro stock legend) and the guy from ER who's name escapes me on flights I was working.

Seen Flava Flav in the airport twice, spoke to Cory McClenathan (NHRA Top Fuel driver). Seen Greg Anderson, Scott Weis, John Kruk, and Lee Ann Rimes floating around the airport at times.

Actually bumped Andi McDowell off an airplane out of AVL once for weight and balance.

When I was flying corporate stuff I had some good conversations with Rusty Wallace and Tony Stewart. Rusty was very nice both times I ran into him and enjoyed some good Learjet conversations with the guy.
I sat in the AVL airport a few seats down from Andi McDowell a couple of weeks ago. Oddly, she was not flying US - perhaps she still holds a grudge that you bumped her?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:24 pm

Here's a couple sightings that I had over the years:
CCH Pounder - E.R.
Lil Kim - rapper
Magic Johnson - very nice too..signed autographs for the whole plane
Nicole Kidman - (okay, that was in NYC)
Patti LaBelle - Very nice
Boyz 2 Men
Wayne Gretsky
Leanne Rimes
Gavin Rossdale - frontman for Bush - nice AND hot!
Moby
Richard Simmons of course!! He buys 2 seats and sleeps all the way!
Joan Lunden - nastiest biatch in the world! And the flight was only 90 mins!
Mandy Moore, her mom and entourage - very very nice people
Little Spike Dudley and Big Dick Dudley - WWE guys
Maya Angelou
Susan Sarandon
M. Night Shyamalon - he had just won People's Choice award for the
Sixth Sense. I asked to hold it...the award that is .
Very nice guy.
Brooke Burke - wild on E!
Jeff Gordon - in coach! Ex wifey poo must have had the private jet

And the Secretary of the Treasury - I won't say which one, not sure of
security issues. But afterwards, I then get the brainy
idea of asking for an autograph...on a dollar bill. That
would have been cool. I'm sure the "it's wrong to
deface money..."would have come up, but he's more
powerful than the Pres. in my eyes
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by flygirl97
Richard Simmons of course!! He buys 2 seats and sleeps all the way!
Off topic, but: I live right near Richard Simmons' dance studio. I was walking past it yesterday and I could hear him talking inside. There's no mistaking that voice!

I'm actually not very good at celebrity-spotting. I have seen quite a few people on US flights to/from LAX who looked familiar and were probably celebrities, but even when I flew in F with Bob Denver (posted earlier on this thread) I didn't even recognize him at first! I couldn't understand why the FA was paying him so much attention!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EWC-JMU
A few years ago I met my sister's PIT-STL flight at the gate. I was running a little late, but she said that Snoop Dogg (actually I think he was still Snoop Doggy Dogg at that point) and his entourage had taken up basically the entire F cabin. Apparently Dogg and his crew did obey the no-smoking signs.
About 5 years ago, Snoop and his buddies stayed at the W hotel in Chicago and they apparently got a smoking room but they were not smoking cigarettes. I moved to a different floor.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flygirl97

And the Secretary of the Treasury - I won't say which one, not sure of
security issues. But afterwards, I then get the brainy
idea of asking for an autograph...on a dollar bill. That
would have been cool. I'm sure the "it's wrong to
deface money..."would have come up, but he's more
powerful than the Pres. in my eyes
Uhhh, that's public information. His name is John Snow. His autograph is already on all your bills.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
DCA club is a great place to spot political figures in general. Last month, Secretary of Energy Bodman and Deputy Secretary Sell were there and visit often.
Old May 2, 2006, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Engelbert Humperdinck at the LAX club last Wednesday evening. I didn't recognize him.
Old May 2, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: DL (Medallion), AA, WN, Scareways, HH, MR, SPG
The band STYX LGA-PIT (Me First, them Coach)
Franco Harris-several times at PIT
Dan Marino-PIT USAirways Club
Hockey Player Ron Francis YYZ-PIT (First)

Not mine, but a friend sat next to Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in first on a Delta flight.
Old May 2, 2006, 9:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
José Eber "Stylist to the Stars"

I rode LAX-PHX with José Eber, "Stylist to the Stars", and his entourage last year.

He was a jerk, by the way. I KNEW who he was. I just didn't really care.

Nice new A320 though. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.