Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring UR points to US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Transferring UR points to US Airways

I am trying very hard to figure out a way to get my UR points into US Airways so I can book off-peak award seats. For the life of me I can't figure out a way to do it. I know I can book flights through partners, but as far as I understand I cannot book off-peak price (17.5k one way) unless I book directly from US Airways. Any way I can pull this off?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Search Avios availability on BA.com, convert Chase URs to BA Avios to book. Once booked, use RJ.com to change BAEC to AA or US.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
US Air and AA are not transfer partners for UR. Your options are to possibly transfer to BA and book a One World partner award but it will be based on BA's award pricing not US. You can transfer via a hotel program but you will take a huge hit, more than 50% in doing so.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:10 am
Original Poster

is there a way to book the US Air flights on BA.com and not end up paying the huge fuel charges? My flights to and from are US Airways flights, I can see them on BA.com, but when I book it wants 80k Avios AND 1300 bucks for 2 people. I thought partner flights werent subject to the big fees?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by jobobcowman
is there a way to book the US Air flights on BA.com and not end up paying the huge fuel charges? My flights to and from are US Airways flights, I can see them on BA.com, but when I book it wants 80k Avios AND 1300 bucks for 2 people. I thought partner flights werent subject to the big fees?
Does not sound right - can you post the details?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I thought partner flights werent subject to the big fees?"

You thought wrong. There was a brief period of time when BA was not assessing surcharges on TATL US redemptions, but those days are over.

Currently, the following BAEC redemptions are exempt from surcharges: AA/AS/US flights for travel wholly within the Americas; AB flights; LAN flights; QF intra-Australia flights; JL intra-Japan flights. There might be a few odd additions to that list, but those are the main exceptions.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diver858
Sure.

MCO to PHL to GDG and vice versa. Flying US Air on the 10th of February and coming back the 18th of February.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by jobobcowman
Originally Posted by diver858
Sure.

MCO to PHL to GDG and vice versa. Flying US Air on the 10th of February and coming back the 18th of February.
If you're starting from MCO, look into EI's MCO-DUB and DUB-CDG flights. There are BAEC surcharges on EI flights, but on TATL flights, those surcharges will be minuscule. (The DUB-CDG surcharge will likely be higher.)

Or look at flying MIA-TXL-ORY on AB with no surcharges. (You can drive to MIA, or book a separate MCO-MIA award on AA for 4,500 Avios.)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled STOP! PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.