Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: awaflyboy
This is the current US boarding process:

1. Special assists
2. First Class & Uniformed Military
3. Emerald & Saphire (Chairman, Exec. Platinum, Platinum, US Gold)
4. Ruby (US Silver & AA Gold)
5. Preferred Access
4. Zone 1
5. Zone 2 (including US Visa Signature and MasterCard World Premier credit card holders)
6. Zones 3, 4, 5 and depending on the aircraft, Zone 6.
Print Wikipost

New Boarding Process, beginning 1/7/2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelinPhilly
Where would AA Citi World Elite credit card holders fall in this list?
I think you guys will be in Zone 1, or whatever the same boarding as the US Airways card holders.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by pdpgps
I think you guys will be in Zone 1, or whatever the same boarding as the US Airways card holders.
Zone 2...Don't you ever listen to your friendly FA extoll the virtues of the US Airways Mastercard!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shawn67
Zone 2...Don't you ever listen to your friendly FA extoll the virtues of the US Airways Mastercard!
My bad! You are right. I think I zone out after hearing it repeatedly at this point. Also when they try to hawk the credit card during the flight! "Ladies and gentlemen we have a very special announcement..."
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
So IAH today they boarded All First Class and Executive Platinum at the same time. No mention of Chairman and no segregation between First and Executive Platinum
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List

Boarding process seems like a disaster according to GA I talked to in Charlotte.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:30 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TravelinPhilly
Where would AA Citi World Elite credit card holders fall in this list?
On AA, World Elite card holders get "Priority Access" which means they board with AA Plats and Golds (though sometimes GAs will call Plats ahead of Priority Access).

Regular AA credit card holders get "Group 1", which is after elites and with (i) non elites who bought up to main cabin extra and (ii) anyone else foolish enough to pay extra for "Group 1" boarding
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Seems the FC/CP/EP all at once is a bad idea... At least at hubs. We were delayed, and at the announcement the gate was swarmed; followed by inviting the rest of the elites... This just made it slightly more crazy.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:21 pm

They should redo the zones on the passes to better reflect the new process.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: None
Anyone want to swap? I usually sit there watching everyone else board and hoping for an empty seat. But such is the fun of non-reving...

Jim
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum Card, Global Entry
I don't think the information in this wiki is accurate. I am not disputing how your GA actually boarded, just saying it may not be according to what the policy is. I flew from CLT today, but showed up at the gate from the US Airways Club right as they announced First Class boarding, so I cannot speak to what was done on my flight.

From Dallas Morning News:

Alignment of boarding procedures. US Airways will board military members with first-class customers (instead of before first class), and families with small children will no longer board early, matching American’s policies.
The above makes sense to me. Not to sound un-American, but I never understood why many times military (uniformed or not) was boarded BEFORE First Class on US.

The article also mentions a code share arrangement being announced within two weeks!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by redanman
Once the merge is complete, it will become more orderly as there will be less statuses.
Has been officially announced? If not, consider that US management is running the show now (mostly) and does not necessarily have to use any of AA's existing policies.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Anyone want to swap? I usually sit there watching everyone else board and hoping for an empty seat. But such is the fun of non-reving...

Jim
Since you are retired can you still ride for free?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
On my fight from BOS-PHL last night this is what they did:

1. Special assists and Uniformed Military
2. FC, US CP, AA EXEC PLAT

I can't speak to after that, but special assists and military were first, then a HUGE cattle call of FC, CP, Exec PLT. While I'm happy to see that they have gone back to separating out the statuses a bit, boarding FC and CP/Exec PLT at the same time was craziness.

I think they need an extra step. FC, then CP/Exec PLT, then continue as normal.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by hginPHL
On my fight from BOS-PHL last night this is what they did:

1. Special assists and Uniformed Military
2. FC, US CP, AA EXEC PLAT

I can't speak to after that, but special assists and military were first, then a HUGE cattle call of FC, CP, Exec PLT. While I'm happy to see that they have gone back to separating out the statuses a bit, boarding FC and CP/Exec PLT at the same time was craziness.

I think they need an extra step. FC, then CP/Exec PLT, then continue as normal.
I agree. It was insane as a herd of people went to board with CP/Exec PLT and CLT, and the GA kept making an announcement that it was only FC/CP/EXP that was boarding because apparently most thought it was all elite statuses.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
<delete> Well, now that I read the wiki my post seems redundant and moot.

Last edited by pa3lsvt; Jan 10, 2014 at 3:32 pm Reason: read the wiki

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.