Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy miles and get up to a 100% Bonus (March 15 - April 15)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: US Dividend Miles
How long is the extra 50% (points.com) bonus taking to arrive?

In the main thread about the bonus deal, one concerned poster was relieved when his miles finally arrived after 3 days. I'm at 4 days and have an itin on hold, with the 50% bonus still pending. Anyone else buy in on this bonus deal? Would really like to hear how long it's taking for others to get their miles.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Was just exploring at points.com and realized that starting an account there via the USAirways portal does not automatically link your account to your USDM account. So if you've participated in this promo - make sure you have manually linked the two accounts together.

Last edited by shaggy_mutt; Apr 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt
In the main thread about the bonus deal, one concerned poster was relieved when his miles finally arrived after 3 days. I'm at 4 days and have an itin on hold, with the 50% bonus still pending. Anyone else buy in on this bonus deal? Would really like to hear how long it's taking for others to get their miles.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Was just exploring at points.com and realized that starting an account there via the USAirways portal does not automatically link your account to your USDM account. So if you've participated in this promo - make sure you have manually linked the two accounts together.
Any data points on how long it takes for the 50% points.com bonus miles to post and become available?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Henry82
Any data points on how long it takes for the 50% points.com bonus miles to post and become available?
https://buy.points.com/promotions/us...B5050SoloMar12

After April 15, US Airways will credit you an extra 50% bonus on the total miles you purchased between March 15 and April 15.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Problem is, it says 'before June 5th' so that could mean anytime between April 15th - June 5th.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
First 50% will credit now. The other 50% from points.com will be by June 5th.

Given that you only need to register your account on points.com by April 15 to be eligible, I wouldn't expect any bonus miles to post until April 16 or later when they do a sweep to match those who have purchased with those having registered their account.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Problem is, it says 'before June 5th' so that could mean anytime between April 15th - June 5th.
Meaning that we're not likely to see any 'data points' for at least another 10 days.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:50 am

How many miles can you buy?

Reading the T&C of the promo it doesn't state there's a cap on the # of miles you can buy. I've already bought 25K so far but now need to buy another 50K. Does that mean I will be rewarded an extra 75k by June 5th? Please help.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Reading the T&C of the promo it doesn't state there's a cap on the # of miles you can buy. I've already bought 25K so far but now need to buy another 50K. Does that mean I will be rewarded an extra 75k by June 5th? Please help.
there is a cap on the number of miles you can buy - 50k. for full details check the terms and conditions listed on the US airways site.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
there is a cap on the number of miles you can buy - 50k. for full details check the terms and conditions listed on the US airways site.
I understand that 50K is for one transaction. What if you do it multiple times?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
There is no cap to the number of miles you can buy. You are limited to 50,000 per transaction, but you can do multiple transactions. However, the most bonus miles you can receive with this promo is 50,000. So if you buy 50,000 miles, you get 100,000 total. If you buy 60,000, you get 110,000. Even if done in 60 different 1,000 mile transactions, you are still only eligible for 50,000 bonus miles.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by gwar69
There is no cap to the number of miles you can buy. You are limited to 50,000 per transaction, but you can do multiple transactions. However, the most bonus miles you can receive with this promo is 50,000. So if you buy 50,000 miles, you get 100,000 total. If you buy 60,000, you get 110,000. Even if done in 60 different 1,000 mile transactions, you are still only eligible for 50,000 bonus miles.
You're right. I just tried buying more and the max bonus is 50k. It wouldn't award me extra.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: QF WP, DM buyer, AMEX Centurion decliner
I bought two sets of 50,000 points (one for me and one on wife's account) three days ago and nothing at all has shown up yet in our DM accounts.

The transaction went through normally (and bank confirms purchases on CC were approved) but I did not receive the usual confirmation emails.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stephen65
I bought two sets of 50,000 points (one for me and one on wife's account) three days ago and nothing at all has shown up yet in our DM accounts.

The transaction went through normally (and bank confirms purchases on CC were approved) but I did not receive the usual confirmation emails.
there have been reports of points taking 72 hours to come through.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: QF WP, DM buyer, AMEX Centurion decliner
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
there have been reports of points taking 72 hours to come through.
Since I posted the 50,000 + 25,000 on each account have now registered and the confirmation emails have arrived.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Stephen65
Since I posted the 50,000 + 25,000 on each account have now registered and the confirmation emails have arrived.
It's certainly interesting that with this promo there have been so many reports of lengthy posting times...I wonder if there is some manual processing going on behind the scenes due to the nature of this particular promo? For zero balance people it makes the old safety net of putting itins on hold then buying points a bit less certain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.