Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy miles and get up to a 100% Bonus (March 15 - April 15)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
your bank won't touch the authorisation no matter what you do, unless the merchant contacts them to say it is ok to be reversed. It will drop off after 10 days or whatever, or once the actual transaction posts (and the authorisation is cancelled by the transaction)
Oh that's not an problem, I only wanted to contact them to make sure there was no issue at their end. I just got off the phone with them in fact and as I suspected it's not a problem. I don't want the transaction reversed, I want the miles!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Almo
Oh that's not an problem, I only wanted to contact them to make sure there was no issue at their end. I just got off the phone with them in fact and as I suspected it's not a problem. I don't want the transaction reversed, I want the miles!
Sorry I misunderstood your post If the authorisation went through then there was no problem with your card. So I assumed if you were contacting the bank you must want to reverse it or something.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:56 am

Yes, sorry, I wasn't very clear. I just wanted to check there weren't any problems, suspected fraud etc, I don't know. Just wanted to know that when I speak to US I can say with 100% confidence that it's a problem at US.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by work2fly
In addition to my account, I also manage Dividend Miles accounts for my wife and minor son.

May I use my credit card to buy each of us sets of 50K miles and earn the bonus in each of the three accounts?
It looks like what I'd like to do is "gift miles" instead of 'buy miles'.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
The base miles and first 50% bonus were instantly in my account. Points.com have not posted yet. (Did the transaction on Sunday.)
Originally Posted by synd
I am having the same problem. just purchased miles for a booking on hold, and they havent posted to my account. I understand that 25% of the total amount will be posted before june 5th, but the rest should post immediately like for the 10's of promo they did before. Its not a new account and i have purchased from this account before.
I am also in Australia and playing the same points waiting games. Its about 32 hours since I bought 1,000 points which I needed to finalise a booking on hold. I was only 150 miles short due to a miscalculation on my part during my points transfer from various sources, so just wanted to top up ie buy and receive points instantly, than waiting up to four weeks for a SPG transfer of 150 to get across.

Oh and I also gifted 1,000 too, essentially spending $70 to hurry up the booking, and the gift points still haven't arrived.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:34 pm

Well mine have now come through which is a huge relief to me!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by work2fly
It looks like what I'd like to do is "gift miles" instead of 'buy miles'.
There is no bonus for gifting miles. To get the bonus, go into each account and buy miles from there. You can use your credit card for each purchase. (I have read that some people have experience problems with points.com using the same credit card multiple times, but that can be sorted out with a call to points.com. I have not had the same problem however, and i use my card to purchase points for all family members)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: QF WP, DM buyer, AMEX Centurion decliner
I use my CC to buy miles for all our family accounts. I have occasionally had problems using the same card on more than two transactions at points.com but I just use another card to complete the buys.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Can anyone confirm that existing points.com user do get the 50%+50% bonus? I read the terms and conditions but I think it is not so clear.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by alinghi90
Can anyone confirm that existing points.com user do get the 50%+50% bonus? I read the terms and conditions but I think it is not so clear.
Yes, you will. You must be a member, or you must join if not a member - and register your US Airways account, of course.

I'm not certain what is unclear about this statement in the terms, besides the fact it doesn't mention that you'd need to have your Dividend Miles account registered in your points.com account.

You must be a registered user of Points.com or join Points.com during the offer period to receive the additional 50% bonus.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: LX SEN
Thx ArizonaGuy.

I bought the miles but as other already reported they didn't post immediately. So I am waiting for them...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Also, the website's broken.

HTTP Status 404 - //PointsPartner/Buy/The%20call%20failed%20on%20the%20server;%20see%20s erver%20log%20for%20details

type Status report

message //PointsPartner/Buy/The%20call%20failed%20on%20the%20server;%20see%20s erver%20log%20for%20details

description The requested resource (//PointsPartner/Buy/The%20call%20failed%20on%20the%20server;%20see%20s erver%20log%20for%20details) is not available.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: AA
It says you must register with Points.com if you already have an account. I do already have an account and I don't see anyplace to register. Does this just mean that you should make sure your US Airways Dividend Miles account is set up with Points.com?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Yes, make sure your points.com account shows your DM on the left.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
Yes, make sure your points.com account shows your DM on the left.
Thank you. That was what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.