Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by nbuchan1
Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but I'm hoping to get a couple basic questions answered.

1. From what I'm hearing it's still possible for someone to "gift" the Preferred Trail to some one else? If this is true, what are the requirements of gifting the trail? Do I need to make fast friends with someone who has the ability to make this gift?

2. If someone where to gift the Preferred Trail to me and I completed the requirements. How long would my status be good for on AA?

3. Would achieving CP status through the trail get me 8 AA system wide upgrades for 2015?

Thanks in advance for the help!
It seems all the trial "gifts" have been converted by us to full nominations so there is no way to get trial preferred anymore that I know of...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by nbuchan1
Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but I'm hoping to get a couple basic questions answered.

1. From what I'm hearing it's still possible for someone to "gift" the Preferred Trail to some one else? If this is true, what are the requirements of gifting the trail? Do I need to make fast friends with someone who has the ability to make this gift?

2. If someone where to gift the Preferred Trail to me and I completed the requirements. How long would my status be good for on AA?

3. Would achieving CP status through the trail get me 8 AA system wide upgrades for 2015?

Thanks in advance for the help!
The trial is no longer available from anyone in any form - that ship has sailed.

If you were signed up before the cutoff, the status would be good through 2/29/16, and per the released information, would receive AA EXP and 8 SWUs after the merger completes through the end of the 2015 program year (2/29/16).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:10 am

After completing the trial and becoming CP...how long does it take to get your physical card in the mail?

If there are reservations with your DM number attached when you are at a lower status, do the US and AA system know to update or do you need to ask an agent to remove your DM number and then re-add it so the system "sees" your new higher status?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I would call in and update if there are any time-sensitive concerns (upgrades where time of request matters, seat selection, etc). For intl lounge access, bags, FC check-in and other things that only matter at the airport, boarding pass and/or card in hand will be sufficient. Do check your boarding pass states the correct status on the day, though.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:38 am

Thanks Arsey00...that is kinda what I thought.

It would be nice to have the physical card just to be safe... I've had issues with SkyTeam partner lounges insisting on seeing my Delta card as the boarding passes info wasn't good enough for them....
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: US CP, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Burj
After completing the trial and becoming CP...how long does it take to get your physical card in the mail?

If there are reservations with your DM number attached when you are at a lower status, do the US and AA system know to update or do you need to ask an agent to remove your DM number and then re-add it so the system "sees" your new higher status?
It took me 3 weeks to get my physical CP card in the mail, after completing the trial. If you need it faster, goto the US Airways website, and under the "Your Account" settings page, find a link that says "Reprint your card"

The system (US and/or AA) will know what status you are, so no need to re-add. Check my old post for timing: #1450
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Does the US app have a 'show my card' option like the AA app?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: US CP, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Arsey00
Does the US app have a 'show my card' option like the AA app?
I don't think so. At least not the iPhone version.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
Hi all,

Sorry if this is discussed above in the thread —.I did a few searches and couldn't find it.

I was booked on BOS-JFK-LHR on AA metal a few days ago, but because of a weather delay that would have cost me 24 hours, AA rebooked me on the BA codeshare nonstop BOS-LHR. I understand that flights have to be on AA/US metal to count for Trial Preferred. Is US likely to be amenable to a request for original routing credit or counting the BOS-LHR flight for Trial Preferred? If so, what's the best way to ask for it?

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Your best bet is an email to the Preferred desk ([email protected] if you're currently Silver via the trial) and request it. Keep the email short and to the point, emphasizing that you were involuntarily rerouted. Unfortunately US is often reluctant to do this and I would expect a fight to be required. If you get an initial denial email, respond with your phone number and ask for a supervisor to call you. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Ah, dang it! I was going to sign up for trial silver as I'm flying quite a bit next month. Oh well.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
Originally Posted by mh4ll
Your best bet is an email to the Preferred desk ([email protected] if you're currently Silver via the trial) and request it. Keep the email short and to the point, emphasizing that you were involuntarily rerouted. Unfortunately US is often reluctant to do this and I would expect a fight to be required. If you get an initial denial email, respond with your phone number and ask for a supervisor to call you. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by mh4ll
So US is reluctant to grant ORC? That's good to know, as coming from UA that is something that they were actually very good about.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:35 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Hey guys, my SO completed the trial (still on going till late February) but has reached Gold at the moment. I had a question regarding the validity of the status and its end date. Is it through till the end of Feb/16? The current online 'reprint card' function shows a card that says 'Valid Thru 2/29/2016' and at the bottom is says GOLD Thru 2/28/2015. I think the 2016 one should be correct right? So I should ignore the Thru 2015?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by richh1833
Hey guys, my SO completed the trial (still on going till late February) but has reached Gold at the moment. I had a question regarding the validity of the status and its end date. Is it through till the end of Feb/16? The current online 'reprint card' function shows a card that says 'Valid Thru 2/29/2016' and at the bottom is says GOLD Thru 2/28/2015. I think the 2016 one should be correct right? So I should ignore the Thru 2015?
There is nothing to ignore. US doesn't issue one card until the end of the validity of the status, in this case, February 2016. Instead, they will issue a card through the end of the current benefits period and will send you another card when the new period starts. Thus, yes, the earned status is valid until February 2016 but any card you currently get will only display it until February 2015. Once that period ends, US will send a new card. Then, both the card expiration and the status validity will display the same date, i. e. February 2016. In fact, you may not get another card from US but from AA instead. Since they are folding DM into AAdvantage, there's no point in sending a new card to use for a month and then receiving a new AA card. So, they may extend status for that month like they did last year and get a brand new card with AA status through February 2016. AA, on the other hand, will send you a card with the status validity expiration date even if it's more than a year away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.