Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: US Silver, WN, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I hope that's just a connection! Amtrak is much more comfortable for that route otherwise
Yes, that's just a connection. Trying to do the math to see if I would hit the mileage level for the challenge with the travel I already have planned, certainly makes it a lot closer with the 500-mile minimum.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Just signed up for the trial and I got my first upgrade (in a two segment trip) from CLT to AUS at T-48.

I guess I got lucky. Hopefully, I'll get upgraded in the other segment too
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
I hit chairman today july 27. It has been reported here that if you hit after july 1st it would be good until the following year, in this case 2015. That information is FALSE, my status is good only until 2 28 2014. Please do not continue to LIE! To people. I wouldn't of wasted my money doing a mileage run had I know this...
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by william142
I hit chairman today july 27. It has been reported here that if you hit after july 1st it would be good until the following year, in this case 2015. That information is FALSE, my status is good only until 2 28 2014. Please do not continue to LIE! To people. I wouldn't of wasted my money doing a mileage run had I know this...
Have you tried calling customer service?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:44 am

Please do not continue to LIE! To people. I wouldn't of wasted my money doing a mileage run had I know this...
I'm sorry you're in this situation. However, if you've read this thread, you know posters reported that when reaching status on July for a trial started in the first six months of the year their status was good only until February of the next year. There are also posters reporting their status is good until February two years from now. Are they lying? I don't think so.

The issue seems that USAirways' policy changed or is very inconsistent on the expiration date of the status achieved through trial. I realized this after reading the posts here (some posters reporting status good until February + 2, others reporting status good until February +1), so I contacted USAirways via email. The official reply is that your status is valid only until February next year.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mbece
The issue seems that USAirways' policy changed or is very inconsistent on the expiration date of the status achieved through trial. I realized this after reading the posts here (some posters reporting status good until February + 2, others reporting status good until February +1), so I contacted USAirways via email. The official reply is that your status is valid only until February next year.
Things change, when I did the Challenge a few years back the highest you can go was PLT, and the following year you could read CP. So things do change, the biggest issue is PEOPLE DO NOT READ THE T&C.... IF they do then they would be informed on what is current and what is not.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Did you read the T&C of the challenge?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
A good indicator would be when your status expires for the lower levels you hit on the trial (silver, gold, plat). From what I've read in this thread, the people who got CP through 2/2015 also had their other levels valid through then as well. If your plat was only good through 2/2014, that's a pretty good indicator that CP would only be good that long as well. The inconsistency is frustrating at times, but I don't think anybody lied about anything.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by jr57
A good indicator would be when your status expires for the lower levels you hit on the trial (silver, gold, plat). From what I've read in this thread, the people who got CP through 2/2015 also had their other levels valid through then as well. If your plat was only good through 2/2014, that's a pretty good indicator that CP would only be good that long as well. The inconsistency is frustrating at times, but I don't think anybody lied about anything.
Another surefire way to guarantee maximization of time gained from status from preferred is to sign up on July 1st. I waited until then to sign up and the T&C stated that any status I gained would continue until February 2015 and when I checked a day earlier (June 30th) it said February 2014.

It seems that some other people get lucky even when they'd signed up before July and manage to keep it for 1.5 years but that's a toss up. The only guaranteed way seems to be to check the T&C that existed when you'd signed up for the program.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
You have to start the trial after July 1...that's what I did and mine says 2015
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by davidsc111
You have to start the trial after July 1...that's what I did and mine says 2015
Yep. I can confirm that. I signed up for the Plat challenge on 7/5 and will hit CP by the third week of September.

I will be able to keep status until 2/28/2015 according to the welcome email.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:34 pm

Weird, I signed up but the confirmation email I got didn't say anything other than "you're now enrolled in trial preferred"... Any other info I should know?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by mbece
Weird, I signed up but the confirmation email I got didn't say anything other than "you're now enrolled in trial preferred"... Any other info I should know?
Yes, there are two emails. One of them will contain the Silver Preferred toll free number. You'll know because it's a toll free # that isn't the same as the reservations # on the website. I think it's against the rules for me to post it here, so I won't.

Normally it's on the back of your card, but since you don't have one yet, you should still know you have access to the Preferred Desk. IMHO, one of the best elite benefits.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by PWMTrav

Normally it's on the back of your card, but since you don't have one yet, you should still know you have access to the Preferred Desk. IMHO, one of the best elite benefits.
I know which number you're talking about and I've successfully called it, so Im not missing this perk. Thanks or the info!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I started trial post 7-1-13 with SE as start point. Have hit Gold. Booked to Platinum all statuses achieved thus far through Feb 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.