Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
In regards to credit and debit cards, as long as you make a transaction with your credit and/or debit card and the miles posted during the promotion time frame (I am assuming that the person is registered for the promotion), you will get a hit.

We had existing credit cards and we received hits when the miles from our cards posted in September.

US doesn't want DM members to open up a second, third or etc. MasterCard because a DM member will receive 2, 3, etc. $ 99 companion certificates. That is probably is the reason the terms stated that you can one receive on hit per card type to prevent DM members opening up multiple cards as well as allowing existing card members to receive a hit from existing cards. Also, it is very unlikely that Barclay will issue a second, third, etc. credit card to a DM member even with perfect credit given the tight credit markets, regulations, etc.

In regards to Netflix, you are correct that you can't use them for next year. I have read some posts early in the promotion that some DM members received hits when they used a different credit card, different e-mail address and different mailing address. However, I have read some posts recently that some DM members who signed up for Netflix in the later stages of the promotion that did NOT receive their miles and hits even using a different e-mail address; different credit card and different mailing address.

However, a DM member can sign up for Netflix under another program (i.e. hotel frequent guest program, another airline ff program, etc.) then convert the hotel points and transfer them to US miles; trade the points\miles on points.com for US miles; etc. The key is understanding what Netflix means by current or past member...a member of Netflix or a member of an organization (i.e. US Airways Dividend Miles) that signed up for Netflix. If it is the first, then basically you can only receive airline miles\hotel points\etc. one time from Netflix in your lifetime.
I actually received 1500 bonus miles last year from Netflix under US Airways. This year I got into this promo and I opened a new account using the same DM number but a new credit card, email and mailing address. I got the 1500 mile bonus plus the hit. So don't discount everyone getting the hit or bonus next year. I think Netflix really just wants your business so they don't check too hard to verify if you've had a previous account. I thought for sure they would catch my previous account based on my DM number but nope.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by monkey99
+1. Waiting for the final 20K bonus now.
Still waiting for Lifelock and Audience Rewards..... and then my last 20K!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Anyones got Sentry or 21st posting after Nov 1st?

Sentry done in sweeps like 21st?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Reminder!

For those that have changed their hotel programs to deposit to US, it might be time to change back

I found out the hard way with both PC and SPG (luckily low point earners, and it didnt affect Sweet Dilemma, CrackTheCase or double qualifying night stays)

Se no point in changing Wyndham
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:45 pm

Sweep hit!

I just got a new sweep posted with my 28th hit! Anyone have a contact for Sentry to request my miles? I would rather not go back to the original agent that helped me. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by swat16
I actually received 1500 bonus miles last year from Netflix under US Airways. This year I got into this promo and I opened a new account using the same DM number but a new credit card, email and mailing address. I got the 1500 mile bonus plus the hit. So don't discount everyone getting the hit or bonus next year. I think Netflix really just wants your business so they don't check too hard to verify if you've had a previous account. I thought for sure they would catch my previous account based on my DM number but nope.
When did you opened up your account? September 2010? October 2010? or November 2010? Based upon posts on this thread, people with past and\or current Netflix accounts received miles and hits when they opened up their accounts in September and early October. However, it seems like DM members (that were previous or current Netflix customers) that opened up accounts in late October and November are not getting miles and hits.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
I can't log in to see my account. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by ejh25
here too

(ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ejh25
Yes - I see that I can't login either. Maybe just a short glitch. I can go to the home page, but not my account.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by miffSC
Yes - I see that I can't login either. Maybe just a short glitch. I can go to the home page, but not my account.
It's been like that since about 3 pm EST for me.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Interestingly it worked through my work VPN but not my home connection (nor awardwallet). The SSL error is new - membership.usairways.com was completely timing out before.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Well I can see my account now. What I don't see is 20,000 points for my last and final hit. Grrrr.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
When did you opened up your account? September 2010? October 2010? or November 2010? Based upon posts on this thread, people with past and\or current Netflix accounts received miles and hits when they opened up their accounts in September and early October. However, it seems like DM members (that were previous or current Netflix customers) that opened up accounts in late October and November are not getting miles and hits.
I signed up Oct 28 and got 4 weeks free trial. I was billed 11/28. I can't login either but I think my miles posted 12/7.

Last edited by Milezjunkie; Dec 13, 2010 at 5:50 pm
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:47 pm

No sweep for me, my fiance, or my mother-in-law (36, 32, and 28).

Time to email.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by dwcatty
Well I can see my account now. What I don't see is 20,000 points for my last and final hit. Grrrr.
Same boat here!

I'm emailing partner marketing now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.