Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2010!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ejh25
What's the consensus on the approach with Wyndham. Should we do a missing point request online?

Call the hotel?
Call Wyndham Rewards?
I can try Wyndham Rewards and post the outcome here.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
Did anyone have points posted today? Shouldn't today be the first every other week posting since the 20th of September?

Just wondering because I never got the update on hits emails some got and have nothing posted yet.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: United Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Did your CC get charged for this stay? My WR account says the same. I will wait till the actual CC charge shows up before calling them.

Originally Posted by ejh25
Uh oh...this isn't good.

From my Wyndham Rewards Account

10/2/10 Hotel Stay SAN DIEGO [-]
Arrival Date: 10/1/10
Departure Date: 10/2/10
Total Room Rate: USD 0.0
# of Nights: 1
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jhoc
Did anyone have points posted today? Shouldn't today be the first every other week posting since the 20th of September?

Just wondering because I never got the update on hits emails some got and have nothing posted yet.
I wouldn't expect anything until the afternoon/evening.

Programs: United Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Bonus points will post later in the day. On 20th Sep the posting time was early to late afternoon. They are supposed to post every alternate Monday now.

4th Oct
18th Oct
1st Nov so on.

Originally Posted by Jhoc

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by monkey99
Did your CC get charged for this stay? My WR account says the same. I will wait till the actual CC charge shows up before calling them.
Good call. I haven't seen a charge yet.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kingsubbu
I can try Wyndham Rewards and post the outcome here.
Wyndham Rewards wasnt particularly helpful. Referred me to Guest Services (1800-828-6644) or the hotel - will probably try those later in the day or once the charge hits my CC.

The associate did confirm that points would post as long as the hotel charges the CC.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:46 am

Somewhere upthread someone mentioned that their no show at Whyndham originally posted as 0 but then it was updated a day or two later.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Thrifty Parking

Park three times at Thirty Airport Parking (same location each time) and earn 250 DM miles aka ONE HIT.

Parking is appx $11.50 (includes surcharges) at ORD so this seems like a better deal than "renting" a car.

http://www.thrifty.com/TravelCenter/...USAirways.aspx

Here are other locations and coupons:

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPO...iftylinks.html

So far, I have not seen anyone confirm that they have received a hit for doing this.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by volkswankin
Wow, Vinesse (wine club) and e-Miles posted really fast...within just a few days of my purchase/request!

9/28/2010 10/01/10 VINESSE.COM WINE PURCHASE 500
9/29/2010 10/01/10 E-MILES MILEAGE TRANSFER 500
Ordered mine on the 30th. Hope I have the same luck!

Mike

Last edited by mikeef; Oct 4, 2010 at 10:56 am
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by poptarts
Park three times at Thirty Airport Parking (same location each time) and earn 250 DM miles aka ONE HIT.

Parking is appx $11.50 (includes surcharges) at ORD so this seems like a better deal than "renting" a car.
Unless you have a specific need to park at the airport and not to rent a car, how is this Thrifty Airport Parking a better deal than renting a car? Rental cars can certainly be found for less than 3*$11.50 = $34.50.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
"Ohhhh, we're halfway there..."

Since we're at 2,600+ posts and I have nothing better to do, I thought I'd share that I'm halfway there and still have a few easy ones that I can do. A bunch of mileage transfers, some colored chalk from OfficeMax (which should make my twin toddlers happy), the Biscoff spread (Hey, those twins are dangerously underweight.), DM wipes (which are apparently on their way), a no-show at the Super Shuttle at DFW (think they're wondering why they've been getting so many no-shows?), a microwaveable ice-cream scoop (to help feed the dangerously underweight kids) and a few other randoms. 18 earned, 9 posted so far.

Valuing the hotel point conversions has been the hardest part, so I used Lucky's spreadsheet. Also have to figure out how to value the lunches that I buy at SPG properties for stay hits; probably have to figure out what the alternative would have been.

On the plus side, my wife (also a mileage whore and wholly behind my plan) will be getting flowers from FTD for her birthday, which actually saved me money because I didn't have to buy them from the expensive (but wonderful) local florist.

Birthday card reads:

"Happy birthday! I love you!

Thanks for the 1,000 miles and one US Airways hit. But let's keep that between us."

Mike
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by poptarts

http://www.thrifty.com/TravelCenter/...USAirways.aspx

Here are other locations and coupons:

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPO...iftylinks.html

So far, I have not seen anyone confirm that they have received a hit for doing this.
Yes, you are right, even with the parking coupons being offered you can get a rental under $30.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Valuing the hotel point conversions has been the hardest part, so I used Lucky's spreadsheet. Also have to figure out how to value the lunches that I buy at SPG properties for stay hits; probably have to figure out what the alternative would have been.
Hey Mike - Great post!

My question is in regards to transferring hotel points to DM. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that have this all figured out and will be 10 easy hits, but I'm having a little trouble getting information. For the most part, I'm looking for a 'How To' sheet. In a perfect world, what I'm looking for is a spreadsheet that has:

- Hotel name
- Can't I transfer points to another member?
- Minimum transfer amount
- Link to actually convert them from hotel points to DM.

I've already started a sheet myself (it's very basic and plain) with some of the programs along with the T&C's regarding points transfer, min transfer amounts, and the numbers to call. So far I have HHonors and SPG, but I can't figure out any information on the others!

If somebody can get me started. I will gladly create a google spreadsheet (or maybe just another thread) that can be a centralized reference sheet for us newbs.

Also, where is Lucky's Spreadsheet? Was this his blog post?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Has anyone tried using the Groupon GC on the Wineinsiders.com site when ordering anything?

My code (said to have been applied), does not lower the US Airways 12 Pack with Free Shipping and Free Corkscrew. Price: $83.88 at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.