FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1103160-new-us-promo-hop-skip-jump-higher-level-preferred-status.html)

TAWS Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14934026)
Finally I got an email back from DMSC. This is good news for some and definitely a good news to me, depending on whether I would really wanna push it:

--Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

You've earned a new level of Preferred status with the 'Hop, Skip &
Jump' promotion. However, you also qualified for Gold status through
your trial Preferred program with the same flights. Therefore, as you
have dual enrollment in promotions, your 'Hop, Skip & Jump' level will
not take effect until the Trail program ends on 10/22/2010. Your status
will be moved up one level from your status that day.

We value your business and want to thank you for your continued support
of US Airways.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxx
US Airways Dividend Miles---

This means that I could even push it to CP if I want to. However, I am not entirely sure if I really wanna go for extra five segments to get to PP before HSJ bumps me up to CP.

That might be slightly bad news for me because it would mean I have to wait a week longer for my trial to end. Oh well, at least it's going to happen. I would definitely go for the five segments, it's worth getting CP.

PaulInTheSky Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 14934410)
That might be slightly bad news for me because it would mean I have to wait a week longer for my trial to end. Oh well, at least it's going to happen. I would definitely go for the five segments, it's worth getting CP.

The cheapest way I can think of doing that is to get Amtrak down to BWI and do it to BOS. Not sure why BWI --> BOS is ridiculously cheap to be honest. Also, that requires a little request to get a day off from work which doesn't seem to be a good idea.

I believe CO wouldn't give me Presidential Platinum even if I have CP to do the match.

ariyo15 Oct 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14934039)
Don't bet on it. If they say you need 3000 miles to hit silver, then you do need 3000. If you don't, then you will first go back to dirt status after the trial period is done, then the HSJ will bump you back up to SP. This is what that I interpreted from the email I got.

No, I already hit that 3000 on September 18th. That's why I'm so mad I didn't know I could theoretically go for Gold during the trial and get the hsj to PP! Oh well.

Onward and upward as they say.

airgator Oct 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14934026)
--Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

You've earned a new level of Preferred status with the 'Hop, Skip &
Jump' promotion. However, you also qualified for Gold status through
your trial Preferred program with the same flights. Therefore, as you
have dual enrollment in promotions, your 'Hop, Skip & Jump' level will
not take effect until the Trail program ends on 10/22/2010. Your status
will be moved up one level from your status that day.

We value your business and want to thank you for your continued support
of US Airways.

I hope there is some consistency. I did the 4 h/s/j and will have 30 segments before my trial ends in 3 weeks. Oddly though, I received the "Welcome to Silver" email based (I think) on the h/s/j. According to the T&C's the h/s/j bump shouldn't take place until the end of the trial. So CP is on the horizon I would think.

I sent an email to DMSC today for clarification. Hope I get the same answer that you did.

ellinj Oct 13, 2010 6:01 am

Do uou have to do anything to make sure existing tickets reflect your new status? I am now gold but I was notified about an upgrade this morning instead of yesterday morning.

Since Fridays ticket was paid first it told me I already was in first but I would have expected it yesterday.

BoeingBoy Oct 13, 2010 6:19 am

In the case of paid FC tickets it doesn't matter but in general if you book your ticket before a bump in status it wouldn't hurt to call your elite desk and have them remove then reinsert your DM number. It's like the auto-upgrade system captures your status when you buy your ticket and doesn't automatically update it.

Jim

PaulInTheSky Oct 13, 2010 10:16 am

Originally Posted by airgator (Post 14934669)
I hope there is some consistency. I did the 4 h/s/j and will have 30 segments before my trial ends in 3 weeks. Oddly though, I received the "Welcome to Silver" email based (I think) on the h/s/j. According to the T&C's the h/s/j bump shouldn't take place until the end of the trial. So CP is on the horizon I would think.

I sent an email to DMSC today for clarification. Hope I get the same answer that you did.

That means you have not completed the 30 segments yet. It made sense for them to bump you up through the HSJ first.

airgator Oct 13, 2010 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14938419)
That means you have not completed the 30 segments yet. It made sense for them to bump you up through the HSJ first.

Correct. I just hope that this doesn't mess things up at trial end. Although, h/s/j T&C does say that if you are on the trial the h/s/j bump will not take place until the trial end.

Cross your fingers.

ariyo15 Oct 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Finally gold!

Woohoo! After my last-minute PHL-CLT-BTR run on Sunday (the last day of the promo), the miles - but no status - posted yesterday. But, about 10 minutes ago I finally got the news I was looking for (after continuously hitting the "refresh" button)!!!

Yay HSJ! Yay *G!

airgator Oct 14, 2010 6:59 am

Originally Posted by airgator (Post 14939111)
Correct. I just hope that this doesn't mess things up at trial end. Although, h/s/j T&C does say that if you are on the trial the h/s/j bump will not take place until the trial end.

Cross your fingers.

Success! Turns out that I was wrong about the "Welcome" reason. Received the following.

Dear Happy Camper,

Thank you for visiting usairways.com.

You received your "Welcome to Silver" email for reaching the Silver Trial Preferred threshold of 10 segments on 9/x/10.

The upgrade in status from the Hop, Skip & Jump Promotion will not take place until your trial period ends on 11/xx/10. So if you have met the 30 segments to reach Platinum status by 11/xx/10 you will be upgraded to Chairman status within 7-14 days after your trial period ends.

Thank you for being a member of our Dividend Miles program. We look forward to assisting you with any future needs.

Sincerely,

Wonderful CSR
US Airways Dividend Miles

MB4674 Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by MB4674 (Post 14883871)
I've slapped together an unofficial 3-question survey for those of us who have completed the H/S/J promotion. It essentially asks what your new US Airways status level is, how many points you earned and how much money you spent specific to earning H/S/J points.

It might be interesting to see how many new status members exist who might be competing with you for the front seats, etc.

If you take the survey, the current results will be provided to you immediately afterward!

To participate in the UNOFFICIAL H/S/J Status Survey, click here:

CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE SURVEY

I'll post the final results for everyone after the survey expires on 12/31/2010. Meanwhile, you can revisit the survey to update your submission or check the latest results.

We've already gotten 43 responses! Interesting results...

We're up to 68 responses! Please don't forget to respond to the H/S/J Survey if you got new status with the promo.

PaulInTheSky Oct 14, 2010 10:14 am

Any idea of what the best route for price from PHL before Oct 22? I have found some, but it has to be either MCO or going to BOS first then do BOS --> BWI. Seems like I need two trips.

PaulInTheSky Oct 14, 2010 11:38 am

All right, turns out I will go for the CP. Just booked the additional five segments to go all the way to 30. If I chose to start the free trial a little later, then I could get some flights in Nov instead of squeezing all in this month.

Seems like there are a few of us who got all the way up to CP through the Free Trial and H/S/J promotion.

jayball Oct 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by airgator (Post 14943883)
Success! Turns out that I was wrong about the "Welcome" reason. Received the following.

Dear Happy Camper,

Thank you for visiting usairways.com.

You received your "Welcome to Silver" email for reaching the Silver Trial Preferred threshold of 10 segments on 9/x/10.

The upgrade in status from the Hop, Skip & Jump Promotion will not take place until your trial period ends on 11/xx/10. So if you have met the 30 segments to reach Platinum status by 11/xx/10 you will be upgraded to Chairman status within 7-14 days after your trial period ends.

Thank you for being a member of our Dividend Miles program. We look forward to assisting you with any future needs.

Sincerely,

Wonderful CSR
US Airways Dividend Miles

I have an email in to Customer Service with the same question. I'm close to hitting Gold through the trial program before it ends for me on 10/27...I'd work a lot harder to make that happen and maybe toss in a mileage run if I could get it confirmed that I'll bump to Plat after the trial. From your answer it looks like that is the case but I'll wait to get it in writing myself before booking any MRs!

PaulInTheSky Oct 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jayball (Post 14946139)
I have an email in to Customer Service with the same question. I'm close to hitting Gold through the trial program before it ends for me on 10/27...I'd work a lot harder to make that happen and maybe toss in a mileage run if I could get it confirmed that I'll bump to Plat after the trial. From your answer it looks like that is the case but I'll wait to get it in writing myself before booking any MRs!

Do it, it's confirmed, and you will get the bump.