FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1103160-new-us-promo-hop-skip-jump-higher-level-preferred-status.html)

PaulInTheSky Oct 5, 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 14891535)
it looks like the system will be taking care of everything. it has for me, so far. the silver trial should update first, then h/s/j when the trial is over.

Wait are you sure? I heard a lot of people got bumped up to the levels after they are done with 4/8 H/S/J points, and they don't have to wait until Oct 10....

TAWS Oct 5, 2010 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14891654)
Wait are you sure? I heard a lot of people got bumped up to the levels after they are done with 4/8 H/S/J points, and they don't have to wait until Oct 10....

I think HSJ updates every few days with the last update being on Oct 10. So if you achieved a higher status through miles/segments after already bumped by HSJ, you will get bumped again at the next HSJ status update.

Example:

A silver preferred does 4 HSJ and gets bumped up to gold.

Later, the newly gold preferred gets enough miles/segments to be gold (without the HSJ bump). I think the system would see that and update that person to Platinum at the next update.

hoya2lane Oct 5, 2010 2:38 pm

Doing DCA-CLT-BTR-CLT-LGA-DCA tomorrow. anyone else doing the same route tomorrow?

PaulInTheSky Oct 5, 2010 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 14891781)
I think HSJ updates every few days with the last update being on Oct 10. So if you achieved a higher status through miles/segments after already bumped by HSJ, you will get bumped again at the next HSJ status update.

Example:

A silver preferred does 4 HSJ and gets bumped up to gold.

Later, the newly gold preferred gets enough miles/segments to be gold (without the HSJ bump). I think the system would see that and update that person to Platinum at the next update.

Is that what happened to you? That seriously makes me very tempted to get to CP by going for five more segments. The sad thing is the next four segments are scheduled to be Oct 15-17 which is after the H/S/J promotion so that couldn't be counted. This means I need nine segments before Oct 10 to get to CP... Not a good sign.

Mykle Oct 5, 2010 2:57 pm

I got my 3rd & 4th hit on Sunday (CLT-PVR). The miles were posted this morning and my account has been updated from Silver to Gold this afternoon.
Guess it's time to update my profile!

TAWS Oct 5, 2010 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14892438)
Is that what happened to you? That seriously makes me very tempted to get to CP by going for five more segments. The sad thing is the next four segments are scheduled to be Oct 15-17 which is after the H/S/J promotion so that couldn't be counted. This means I need nine segments before Oct 10 to get to CP... Not a good sign.

That's the route I am taking to get CP. Already completed 30 segments and 4 HSJ...so update should happen in a day or two. I will post what happens. If it doesn't happen automatically, I might have to call them. I know for sure I can do this because I confirmed with them twice over email that this is possible.

mrredskin Oct 5, 2010 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 14891654)

per the agent i spoke to, you will NOT get bumped to a higher status from h/s/j until AFTER your trial is over. i do not have a problem with this at all, as those who will be earning a gold or higher from the trial will then be bumped up again if they have completed a h/s/j. it could be, however, that my case is different than most others' since i earned both status bumps on the same PNR.

mileshound Oct 5, 2010 10:04 pm

A busy day in BTR today.

Flight arriving at 10:30am had 3 people who were spending the day and taking the 6:20 home plus rumors of an announcement if you were going right back to CLT to stay in the boarding area. They must have known several were doing the turn.

Then on the late flight, BOS2DCA, myself and what looked like 2 others made the quick turn.

That put at least 7 HSJs, with at least 3 CPs, on the 6:20pm flight back to CLT. All 4 exit row seats were HSJ people.

All are looking forward to their new/renewed status.

OverpaidSlacker Oct 5, 2010 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by hoya2lane (Post 14892414)
Doing DCA-CLT-BTR-CLT-LGA-DCA tomorrow. anyone else doing the same route tomorrow?

I may be on your CLT-BTR &/or BTR-CLT legs.

jdanton Oct 6, 2010 6:42 am

That was a long day--

Did amtrak phl-nyp, cab to LGA, LGA-DCA-, DCA-CLT, CLT-BTR-CLT, CLT-PHL.

I'm a bit wiped, especially since I did a much delayed MSY-PHL on Monday.

mjfink Oct 6, 2010 7:07 am

OMG. That makes my upcoming flight look like a RDU->CLT hop! :)

Originally Posted by jdanton (Post 14896167)
That was a long day--

Did amtrak phl-nyp, cab to LGA, LGA-DCA-, DCA-CLT, CLT-BTR-CLT, CLT-PHL.

I'm a bit wiped, especially since I did a much delayed MSY-PHL on Monday.

PaulInTheSky Oct 6, 2010 7:39 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 14894236)
per the agent i spoke to, you will NOT get bumped to a higher status from h/s/j until AFTER your trial is over. i do not have a problem with this at all, as those who will be earning a gold or higher from the trial will then be bumped up again if they have completed a h/s/j. it could be, however, that my case is different than most others' since i earned both status bumps on the same PNR.

GP/*G now, waiting to be PP by Oct 10, but it's too much cost to get up to 30 segments or 22.5k by Oct 10. I am pretty much all set for PP if that's the case.

BOS2DCA Oct 6, 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 14894807)
A busy day in BTR today.

Flight arriving at 10:30am had 3 people who were spending the day and taking the 6:20 home plus rumors of an announcement if you were going right back to CLT to stay in the boarding area. They must have known several were doing the turn.

Then on the late flight, BOS2DCA, myself and what looked like 2 others made the quick turn.

That put at least 7 HSJs, with at least 3 CPs, on the 6:20pm flight back to CLT. All 4 exit row seats were HSJ people.

All are looking forward to their new/renewed status.

It was nice meeting you yesterday. :) After you left the club in CLT, I sat with Neil and John (who will be joining FT) and Doug (?) because their flights were delayed. It's nice to know it's not just us FTers obsessed with status.:D

mjfink Oct 6, 2010 12:48 pm

I can't imagine what the "normal" folks getting on/off the plane thought of that announcement. Who in their right mind would fly somewhere and then turn right around (without leaving the airport) and fly back where they came from?!?

Anyway, I'm sure there are some stories going around from the other passengers who heard that announcement and had no idea why you were doing what; to the sane, seems like a very crazy thing to do! :)

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 14894807)
A busy day in BTR today.

PaulInTheSky Oct 6, 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by mjfink (Post 14898419)
I can't imagine what the "normal" folks getting on/off the plane thought of that announcement. Who in their right mind would fly somewhere and then turn right around (without leaving the airport) and fly back where they came from?!?

Anyway, I'm sure there are some stories going around from the other passengers who heard that announcement and had no idea why you were doing what; to the sane, seems like a very crazy thing to do! :)

That's why I never do it that way as it's either hit-or-miss(in case you couldn't do the connection) or you are really spending the money without actually enjoying the city. I'd recommend to even go for a night stay at the hotel to even finish up your hotel elite status or get some other promotions done.