Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Twitter Promotions -- Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Not exactly the NY "deal" I was looking for...comes to $40 ai (1k miles IF you get the 500 min/segment) and you can't even run back to back segments AND its on a weekday. I say take another shot.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
$9 is almost cheaper than riding the NYC subway with the recent-ish fare increases!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Is Twitter down? I can't access it.
I can get my computer to work, but not my iphone and it ran completely fine yesterday, so go figure...

I also agree that Twitter is not very reliable and a rather odd venue to do a trivia contest.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by dcpatti
$9 is almost cheaper than riding the NYC subway with the recent-ish fare increases!
Assuming you want to go to Ithaca... (though its really quite nice with all the Cornell coeds arriving in the fall)
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by johnep1
Hey - those Dash-8s are like roller coasters in the sky and can be quite fun.
Yes, and their amazing airconditioning keeps the cabin at a balmy 85 most of the ride...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Not exactly the NY "deal" I was looking for...comes to $40 ai (1k miles IF you get the 500 min/segment) and you can't even run back to back segments AND its on a weekday. I say take another shot.
why cant you run back to backs?

I live in NE and have been waiting for something. THIS is what they throw down? Are you kidding? PHL to OSL, CLT to beach destinations, and this for us? Dude.

I'd have to drive to PWM to position myself for a series of 4 cpm runs on a dash 8? Unlikely.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:30 am

I have a feeling the US Airways people read this twitter thread (esp since dcapatti and I were requesting DCA-MSY and the next day it was there).

So, US Airways,

How about some DCA-LAX/DCA-SNA deals for Thanksgiving week so a poor graduate student can see her family? :-)
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by hoya2lane
I have a feeling the US Airways people read this twitter thread (esp since dcapatti and I were requesting DCA-MSY and the next day it was there).

So, US Airways,

How about some DCA-LAX/DCA-SNA deals for Thanksgiving week so a poor graduate student can see her family? :-)
Well since it has been all nonstop flights offered I would like to request DCA-BDA ^
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
I was thinking the same thing! When I got the text from Twitter I just chuckled a bit, haha.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I think they're sticking to nonstop flights for all the promos. At least that's the pattern that's holding so far, and from a logistical perspective, it's probably a lot easier to adjust the pricing when it's a single segment on the itin than one with a connection. Purely conjecture on my part though. But for those folks in non-hub cities, probably not a bad idea to have a look at what nonstops are available to you. Those of us in hub or focus cities are probably going to get more choices.

Operating on the theory that they are watching this forum for feedback/promos we want, I would add to the wish list: A really good Envoy sale, preferrably in November-February. Their planes are empty in Jan/Feb anyway so it'd be pretty easy for them to fill up an otherwise empty Envoy if they ran a Twitter Flyertalk Special.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by neotope
I was thinking the same thing! When I got the text from Twitter I just chuckled a bit, haha.
good to see other FT'ers on twitter
I see DC patti and myself requested envoy to Europe - i would go THIS FRIDAY to London if Airways did it.
$100 each way in Envoy depart tomorrow night, return sunday.
I have talked to a few other FT'ers and some civillians and the demand for a Europe sale in envoy over the weekend would be hudge. Also some firt time envoy customers who usually fly with DL would get a taste and realize US is way better

so if your reading this @usairways make it happen! - from CLT
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:40 am

So, US Airways,

If they really want to make some cash, why not envoy tickets on some of the international destinations? Throw up $299 each way for envoy to CDG or FCO in the off-season (or even charge a little more to fly on weekends). Enough of this $9 for a 200 mile flight in an RJ if you can fly on the night of a full moon.

US will quickly lose peoples' attention if they keep offering deals that are of limited use to most.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:47 am
Suspended

DC patti and co are right,
I keep singing it Envoy to Europe (LGW) as flight always empty on weekends
leave on a friday, return sunday
catch a show in London, live it up.
100-150 bucks each way. Sold
this route is ALWAYS empty year round in envoy on fridays and sundays as its mainly businessmen up front and brits going to orlando down the back (during the week)
would make my day and everyone else in CLT
gotta be a weekend though- no court on a Friday/Weekend!!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I would love to have PHL-FRA/MUC in Envoy for about $150 each way. Friday-Sunday would work
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
I'd like to see some quick turn (sameday or even Fri afternoon to Sat/Sun) weekend MRs out out NYC or PHL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.