Search

US Twitter Promotions -- Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Arrow US Twitter Promotions -- Master Thread

http://mobile.twitter.com/USAirways

Says it will be giveaways, specials and unheard-of deals.

My wish list would be (in no particular order)

--free gogo codes
--a really good Envoy sale. Rome or Paris please
--perhaps some BOGO's like AC did for the olympics
--would be dreamy if they'd run something special for the Elites but this being on Twitter, looks like it is more for the general public
--another round of DPQM would be nice

United's Twares (Twitter fares) can be really nice if you act fast. Would be really nice if this US promo is on par with UA.

Let the wishful thinking begin!!!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
$20* one way PHX to MBJ. Depart 8/2. Return 8/6. 20 seats avail ‘til 9 PM ET. Taxes, fees, rest. apply.

http://bit.ly/bL1Fwf

140 with taxes / fees - That's pretty good....
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/speci...o_062810_01013

$20 one way from Phoenix to Jamaica. Very limited availability and very specific dates but might be a decent mileage run if you're based in PHX and have fast keyboard skills.

I hope the next one is something a little more available. A special that really only 20 people can take advantage of is a little disappointing.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
First Deal PHX-MBJ

Twitter deal, that is: $20 each way. Aug 2 to 6. Only $280 for 2. To bad I'mm on the East Coast.
Eileen

Last edited by EileenSRN; Jun 28, 2010 at 9:57 am Reason: add info
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: US Chairman
I think it's a great deal. I priced one out and it came to $140 roundtrip (Almost 5,000 miles for the trip). But yeah, it is limited...but I guess that's what you would have to expect for a pricing this good.

Originally Posted by AggieNzona
Can't tweet at work, let us know if something worthwile pops up.
I set it to text to my cell phone anytime USAirways sends a tweet. It's pretty cool, I wanted to be able to jump on any good deals.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by dcpatti
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/speci...o_062810_01013

$20 one way from Phoenix to Jamaica. Very limited availability and very specific dates but might be a decent mileage run if you're based in PHX and have fast keyboard skills.

I hope the next one is something a little more available. A special that really only 20 people can take advantage of is a little disappointing.
There are still 8+ seats available for $20. ^

I don't mind them limiting the capacity, but at least open the dates up a bit.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:51 am

wouldn't be able to go for the entire time between 8/2-8/6 Monday through Friday and wouldn't be able to fly out of PHX. Hope the next twitter deals are more flexible on dates and origination.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 5.9LITRE
Hope the next twitter deals are more flexible on dates and origination.
+1
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
All gone now

I wonder what is US' purpose with the whole Twitter thing? Get more loyalty or just get on "i'm cool too" bandwagon
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
$20* one way PHX to MBJ. Depart 8/2. Return 8/6. 20 seats avail ‘til 9 PM ET. Taxes, fees, rest. apply.

Out of curiousity: Anyone have any idea what the load factors have been on the PHX-MBJ route??
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Beyond lame.

All the hype for NOTHING.

Seriously, all the other airlines had much cooler twitter prizes/offers when they first started. UA was giving millions of miles away. Anyone who followed them got a minimum of 1000 miles plus discounts. Some of their special fares in the past included LAX/SFO-ORD on the 3 cabin 747/767 in first class for $199 each way.

And US Airways opened with this lame offer? only from PHX and only on a certain date with 20 tix?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RIC Hokie

I set it to text to my cell phone anytime USAirways sends a tweet. It's pretty cool, I wanted to be able to jump on any good deals.
How do you do this? I went to the Settings on Twitter.... and then Mobile... don't see how to set it to just receive the US Air ones.

Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: None
Don't know but suspect fairly low on Monday going to MBJ and Friday coming from MBJ. First, August is in the middle of hurricane season so is something of an off-peak period. Plus I would expect that most people either go for the week, traveling on Sat/Sun, or for a long weekend, traveling to MBJ on Fri/Sat and from MBJ on Sun/Mon (going the opposite direction from this promo).

Jim
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by miffSC
How do you do this? I went to the Settings on Twitter.... and then Mobile... don't see how to set it to just receive the US Air ones.
I'm not sure what platform you're using, but one way would be to create a List with just @USAirways in it.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Second offer is equally as lame.

$18 short hop. Southwest has those short hops for $29-$39 often. 10 seats per city. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

One more lame offer and I'm unfollowing them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.