Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Twitter Promotions -- Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.699 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by dcpatti
I'm coming home from the UK on the 22nd. Flying on Virgin Atlantic. US must be punishing me for flying another carrier by putting both Oslo and Rio promos just a little too close to my UK trip.
I have a two week trip departing on 9/23. Let's hope the next fare doesn't conflict with anything!!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:10 am

CLT-RIO

Just got 2 seats from CLT to RIO for the low price of $498.40 AI, and was able to upgrade to Envoy using certs. Thanks US Airways!

Thanks,

William
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
I think it is just wrong

I do not like the twit promo. It is probably just me but I do not Tweet, facebook or even text, and I do not intend to start.
IMO, this is the wrong way to offer news of these specials. How hard would it be to blast a 140 character or less email to those email addresses they have. It could all be contained in the subject line.
Nice some of you have gotten great deals, and even nicer for you that I will not know about them. I am not one who is glued to my phone all day, sometimes I even forget it.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I want some deals to Germany
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Thank goodness the CLT-RIO overlapped with OSL! Retired all of one week and taking full use of great deals. Hubby called CP desk this AM and the final U/G came through. We were bumming that we couldn't use the certs for HI in Nov, but now I'm glad. Since we can drive to many East Coast locations, it'll be hard to say "no"!
Eileen
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by swanscn
It is probably just me but I do not Tweet, facebook or even text, and I do not intend to start.
How hard would it be to blast a 140 character or less email to those email addresses they have. It could all be contained in the subject line.
I don't normally use social network sites either. I learned of the promo on FT and decided to join Twitter. Turns out the deals are posted here within seconds of them being announced. So, you've got just as much time to jump on the deal as every other Ft'er. Unless you're at your computer, a blast email won't do any good. If you check mail once or twice a day, the deals would be gone anyway.
I hope you can look on the bright side and use this forum to grab a deal.
Peace,
Eileen

Last edited by EileenSRN; Jun 29, 2010 at 7:29 am Reason: sp
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Showed as available after messing around with the dates available - filled in the information - hit the submit button - and got the big black box that says "Sorry - your reservation cannot go through' for such and such a reason. How tantalizing is that? Get all excited and wham - can't book it through.

Interestingly, it showed R/T as $250 each way - then showed Sold Out in Economy - then tried to book them as one ways on two screens - showed the $79 fare (at $101 total) - then couldn't book through. I'm thinking all of the heavy traffic on the booking site is tending to overload it and it doesn't know how to respond. Those who manage to book are, indeed, very lucky.

So just to check again - I put in a round trip 9/22 return 9/29. Came up with a $592 ai fare.... so I guess with all of the taxes and fees with the $79 fare ($498?) you really aren't saving that much. Even more interesting.

Last edited by miffSC; Jun 29, 2010 at 7:44 am Reason: Added info
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Howdy! We're about to serve up some low fares for all you high rollers.
Looks like Vegas might be coming up.

Update:
1st Class DFW to LAS $49* one way. Tues & Wed 9/7-9/22. 20 seats avail ‘til 9 PM PT. Taxes, fees, rest. apply. http://bit.ly/cvfUoV
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:54 am

Vegas coming up?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:55 am

Probably shouldn't hold my breath for any deals out of MCO, huh?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:56 am

1st Class DFW to LAS $49* one way. Tues & Wed 9/7-9/22. 20 seats avail til 9 PM PT. Taxes, fees, rest. apply. http://bit.ly/cvfUoV
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
That's pretty decent if they give class of service bonus....
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I know it's only Day Two and not even halfway through the promo but I'm not feeling the love any more. I hope we see something decent out of DCA soon. I'm very frustrated that I already had a trip booked that prevented me from taking advantage of Oslo or Rio; I was actually halfway through booking the Oslo deal while we were in the supermarket last night (yay iPhone) when I remembered I already have trips booked. I guess it's my boyfriend's sister's fault for living in England and wanting to get married that weekend.

Give me something good that I can use, people!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by GoodOmens
That's pretty decent if they give class of service bonus....
Class of service bonus is offered. Books into "A" class.

-Kinglobjaw
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Give me something good that I can use, people!
I agree...! We also had a trip planned at that time. And I doubt I will fly from BUF to DFW to go to LAS. Geez....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.