Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Smile

Originally Posted by chrisphx
According to the Chairman's desk, here are the eligible booking codes. I know how to find booking codes on other sites, but not sure how to find them on www.usairways.com.

The double EQM promotion is not valid on an entire itinerary going to/from these cities; rather, it's just on the TATL portion.

If flying within the promotional qualifying period the preferred qualifying miles will apply to your flights to and from AMS, BRU, MAN,DUB,MAD,TLV and the following are the valid booking codes to earn mileage credit:

Y, B, M, H, Q, N, V, W, L, S, T, G, K, U, E, R, C, D, Z, J, F, and A
Geez, you do realize that covers every letter in the alphabet except I, P, O and X? No wonder it is virtually impossible to figure out fares, access to lounges, upgrades, etc. You could have at least done me a favor and alphabetized the list
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by richinaz
Geez, you do realize that covers every letter in the alphabet except I, P, O and X? No wonder it is virtually impossible to figure out fares, access to lounges, upgrades, etc. You could have at least done me a favor and alphabetized the list
I was surprised that they have that many codes as well. I just did a quick copy and paste from the email I got from the Chairman's desk trying to explain it.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:20 pm

Spring Travel Double Miles

I was looking for a thread on this topic but didn't see it. On US Airways web site there is a promo stating -
* Register now (it's easy!)
* Decide between Amsterdam, Brussels, Manchester, Dublin, Madrid or Tel Aviv
* Book between March 15 and April 30, 2010
* Travel between March 15 and May 31, 2010
* Use your MasterCard card for double miles
* Use your US Airways MasterCard card for double Preferred-qualifying miles

But at the bottom there is a disclaimer stating -
*Terms and conditions: To be eligible for double miles, you must register at usairways.com, book a ticket in Economy or Envoy between March 15 and April 30, 2010, travel between March 15 and May 31, 2010 and pay with a valid MasterCard card. Miles do not count toward Preferred status. For double Preferred-qualifying miles, you must pay with a US Airways MasterCard card. US Airways will award miles 6-8 weeks after travel has been completed. You must register before you book in order to receive double miles

So I'm confused. Up top it says double preferred qualifying miles but at the bottom it says they don't count towards status. I assumed (yeah I know) that preferred qualifying miles always counted towards status. Am I wrong again?

Thanks
Rich
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: None
Preferred qualifying miles do count toward status.

If you use the Dividend Miles Master Card, the extra miles count toward status.

If you use any other Master Card the extra miles don't count toward status. Obviously the flight miles would count toward status either way.

Jim
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
How many miles did you get?

Anyone who has flown on the Promo get double miles for the whole ITN? Seems strange it would only be for the TATL portion.
Eileen
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:36 am

Thanks. I guess my brain was too tired to comprehend that last night.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by richinaz
And I, P, O and X are used as award / upgrade fare buckets.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:43 pm

So, I can get a PHX-MAN fare for a weekend in April for about $750.

If only TATL counts, it looks to me about 17,886 EQM. If domestic legs count, it looks like 22,036. I've never done a mileage run before, but this looks like a pretty decent cost to me -- if only TATL counts, it's about 4 cents per EQM. If all legs count, it's about 3.3 cents.

Is that a decent rate for a mileage run? Looks like Man City is playing Man U in the Manchester Derby that Saturday. Game tickets would probably be more expensive than the flights, but could be fun.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:40 pm

It adds up fast

Hubby is going May 15th, but meeting our daughter, who's working in Hamburg, Germany, for the weekend. So, 2 nights in a hotel...and of course, they HAVE to DO something...so, add 2 tickets to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. That trip is after a true run to Dublin on 28-29 Apr! Too bad the domestics aren't doubled...he managed to get 3 bangers for both flights.
Eileen
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
If you use any other Master Card the extra miles don't count toward status. Obviously the flight miles would count toward status either way.
You'd think they'd make an exception for people outside of the USA who can't (or don't want ;D) to have USA CC's...

Then again, with the Preferred/Choice seats debacle, US is making sure I'm not booking them on any TATL service and only on very short domestic hops (if I must).
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by jupper
You'd think they'd make an exception for people outside of the USA who can't (or don't want ;D) to have USA CC's...
You'd definitely think an airline with international service to Europe, partnered with a bank group based in the UK, would have a version of the DM CC available in Europe too...

Jim
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I need some advice from fellow FTers as US has tried to deny awarding me double miles after I flew PHL-MAN-PHL last month.

I purchased my itinerary using an E-TUV voucher (thus had to be done over the phone). I used my US Mastercard and registered, booked, and flew during the required timeframe.

US is now saying that the terms and conditions of the promotion require that the flights be booked on usairways.com. I do see where the promotion suggests that flyers book on the "New usairways.com," but the actual terms and conditions do not say that this is required in order to fulfill the terms of the promotion.

I'd like to see what others think of this. Should I pursue this further with Customer Relations? Or are they right in that the promotion website makes it perfectly clear that the flights MUST be booked on usairways.com?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:27 am

I took the same itinerary in May

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I need some advice from fellow FTers as US has tried to deny awarding me double miles after I flew PHL-MAN-PHL last month.

I purchased my itinerary using an E-TUV voucher (thus had to be done over the phone). I used my US Mastercard and registered, booked, and flew during the required timeframe.

US is now saying that the terms and conditions of the promotion require that the flights be booked on usairways.com. I do see where the promotion suggests that flyers book on the "New usairways.com," but the actual terms and conditions do not say that this is required in order to fulfill the terms of the promotion.

I'd like to see what others think of this. Should I pursue this further with Customer Relations? Or are they right in that the promotion website makes it perfectly clear that the flights MUST be booked on usairways.com?

Thanks in advance!

We may have been on the same airplanes; Flt 734 and 735 May 15 and May 16. I booked my flights through the Chairman's desk, not on the internet. I received all the miles expected including the bonus PQMs.

ralph
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:46 am

While the "Here's How" suggests you use the New USAirways, the T&C do not say anything about how to book. Only that it needs to be the USAirways Master Card for double miles. I'd be calling Customer Service.
Eileen

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=ME10
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by rxralph
We may have been on the same airplanes; Flt 734 and 735 May 15 and May 16. I booked my flights through the Chairman's desk, not on the internet. I received all the miles expected including the bonus PQMs.

ralph
My flight dates were 5/19 - 5/23. I booked my flights through Gold reservations. How long did it take for the bonus miles to post?

Thanks for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.