Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: None
EQM's are also RDM's - they're all redeemable - but RDM's are not EQM's. Using the US MC gets you EQM's while using any other MC only gets you RDM's, as I understand it.

Jim
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
if you buy the ESaver in Envoy with your US MC, do you get:

2 x 150% EQM's?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
EQM's are also RDM's - they're all redeemable - but RDM's are not EQM's. Using the US MC gets you EQM's while using any other MC only gets you RDM's, as I understand it.

Jim
Thanks for the clarification. I knew that UA did a promo last year where you got double EQM with only 1x RDM so I wanted to see if this was similar.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
if you buy the ESaver in Envoy with your US MC, do you get:

2 x 150% EQM's?
WHen I looked at the esaver fares PHL-MAD it booked into Z class which according to us is a 100% not 150% fare. FYI
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
FOLLOW-UP: Promo re Double Preferred Miles to Europe using US MC - I wasn't sure whether it applied to all US connecting flights in same PNR or only TATL leg. I emailed for cliarification, and received reply today, the relevant part being...
The double miles promotion only applies to the US Airways flights on the transatlantic portions to/from the specific cities listed. Round trip on US Airways with all travel complete by May 31st, 2010.
Also, in a post on another thread, I was mistaken in saying that Z fares earn 150% - it was true last year, but apparently no longer, according to the website. Thanks to rookieflyer and others for pointing this out. I just wish US would let us know by email when they make such changes which affect us FFs *sigh*.

As an aside, I still think it's a typo - a Z fare is restricted Envoy, and not an Economy fare as listed in the website chart; similarly with A, restricted First, which is listed as Business on the present chart. But let's not quibble. What's new apparently is that buying full Envoy (Business) only earns 125% (used to be 150%), while buying domestic F continues to earn 150%....and in this promo, apparently there's no Class of Service bonus when buying restricted Envoy TATL ...it all just doesn't sound right to me.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rookieflyer
This is a good start to the double EQM everyone was hoping for... Lets hope the add the domestic portion soon, like from march 30th-June 21st.
I am also hoping for the Double Miles promo, last year they had from February 3 - March 31, 2009.

Why dont I see this kind of promo (sometimes shows up late) through "Mileage Specials" link under "Dividend Miles"
http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...romotions.html
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Do you need to book through US Airways? I see a flight to Brussells for $572 AI on Kayak and it's 712 on the US website. Quite a difference!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Do the flights have to be booked directly to the destination city, or can the ultimate destination be one of those cities listed (but not necessarily on US)?

For example, I'm looking to book DCA-PHL-FRA-AMS (with FRA-AMS being operated by LH) as opposed to DCA-PHL-AMS, because I prefer the A330 to the 757.

Who should I followup with at US to verify? Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Do the flights have to be booked directly to the destination city, or can the ultimate destination be one of those cities listed (but not necessarily on US)?

For example, I'm looking to book DCA-PHL-FRA-AMS (with FRA-AMS being operated by LH) as opposed to DCA-PHL-AMS, because I prefer the A330 to the 757.
I expect you'll be out of luck. Promotions like this most always require you to be flying on US metal on a direct route so even a US code share operated by LH wouldn't count. That makes sense since the reason US is running the promotion is to fill up their planes to select cities at a time when bookings to those cities would otherwise be low.

Now if you wanted to go to FRA, you probably could book DCA-PHL-AMS-FRA and get double miles on the PHL-AMS segment that's on US.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by twa777
I expect you'll be out of luck. Promotions like this most always require you to be flying on US metal on a direct route so even a US code share operated by LH wouldn't count. That makes sense since the reason US is running the promotion is to fill up their planes to select cities at a time when bookings to those cities would otherwise be low.

Now if you wanted to go to FRA, you probably could book DCA-PHL-AMS-FRA and get double miles on the PHL-AMS segment that's on US.
Thanks... I figured that'd be the case.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
Do you need to book through US Airways? I see a flight to Brussells for $572 AI on Kayak and it's 712 on the US website. Quite a difference!

The wording on the website makes it look like you have to book through US.
Also if you choose to try the Kayak approach, maybe you end up getting the promo anyway but I'd check and be sure the Kayak fare is eligible for mileage accrual; I've not seen it often with US but have seen lots of times with other airlines, the fare on the cheaper third-party sites falls into a bucket that does not get any mileage accrual. Which defeats the purpose of doing this for the extra EQM.

Anyway, from the website: Register now and then book your flight at the new usairways.com.

Which sounds to me like you need to do your booking on their site and not a third party. YMMV.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcpatti
The wording on the website makes it look like you have to book through US.
Also if you choose to try the Kayak approach, maybe you end up getting the promo anyway but I'd check and be sure the Kayak fare is eligible for mileage accrual; I've not seen it often with US but have seen lots of times with other airlines, the fare on the cheaper third-party sites falls into a bucket that does not get any mileage accrual. Which defeats the purpose of doing this for the extra EQM.

Anyway, from the website: Register now and then book your flight at the new usairways.com.

Which sounds to me like you need to do your booking on their site and not a third party. YMMV.
Ahh your probably right. I checked the fare code through matrix and it seems they are the same class - just the return flight is half the price. No idea why ... probably a glitch.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by milomaniac
I am also hoping for the Double Miles promo, last year they had from February 3 - March 31, 2009.

Why dont I see this kind of promo (sometimes shows up late) through "Mileage Specials" link under "Dividend Miles"
http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...romotions.html
Seems to be one of the (many) reasons to check Flyer Talk. Quite often you can learn more here than at the official sites.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:45 am

I just signed up and didn't get a confirmation email back. Technical glitch, I guess. Has anyone else seen this happen? I just sent an email to the Chairman's desk to confirm.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:10 pm

According to the Chairman's desk, here are the eligible booking codes. I know how to find booking codes on other sites, but not sure how to find them on www.usairways.com.

The double EQM promotion is not valid on an entire itinerary going to/from these cities; rather, it's just on the TATL portion.

If flying within the promotional qualifying period the preferred qualifying miles will apply to your flights to and from AMS, BRU, MAN,DUB,MAD,TLV and the following are the valid booking codes to earn mileage credit:

Y, B, M, H, Q, N, V, W, L, S, T, G, K, U, E, R, C, D, Z, J, F, and A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.