FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Double miles to Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1063465-double-miles-europe.html)

twa777 Mar 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Double miles to Europe

I noticed this evening that US is running a double miles promotion, for tickets in economy or Envoy booked with a Mastercard to Amsterdam, Brussels, Manchester, Dublin, Madrid, or Tel Aviv. For US Airways Mastercard holders, the double miles count toward preferred status. Purchase between March 15 and April 30, 2010, travel between March 15 and May 31, 2010.

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=ME10

uva185 Mar 15, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm headed to MAD on Friday. Here's to hoping they don't recognize the booking date! (Last year's double EQM didn't recognize the booking date) ;)

twa777 Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by uva185 (Post 13582981)
I'm headed to MAD on Friday. Here's to hoping they don't recognize the booking date! (Last year's double EQM didn't recognize the booking date) ;)

Good luck with that -- it would be a nice win for you if it worked out for you.

BTW, note that you do have to register to be eligible for the bonus.

rookieflyer Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm

This is a good start to the double EQM everyone was hoping for... Lets hope the add the domestic portion soon, like from march 30th-June 21st.

neotope Mar 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I am not good at calculating mileage runs but it looks like if you did a west coast trip to TLV you could hit around 32000 for around $1400 on some of the routings. The guys in the MR forum like to hit around 0.02 CPM so around 0.04 might not be that good but still a decent offer.

rxralph Mar 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks TWA I have been waiting for something like this

Two questions:

1) Are there any hidden T/C's, I have looked but saw none. Last year I lost my first flight in the promotion due to a hidden T/c.

2) Are Visas required to enter/leave Israel?

ralph

kudzu Mar 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by rxralph (Post 13583428)
Two questions:...

(1) I'm not sure whether this Double EQM promo using US MC is only for TATL flights to the named cities from gateway PHL/CLT, or whether it also applies to domestic connecting US flights on the same PNR. I've sent in an email asking for clarification, and I'll post any reply here;

(2) Generally, no visa needed by US citizens for Israel, but look at embedded US State Dept's link for problematic areas....

BTW, thanks, twa777 for the heads-up! ^. I'm not sure why the promo doesn't include GIG too (slow season in May) to prop up loads, but I'll try hard to get a trip to Europe before May!

USD2BUSMC Mar 16, 2010 6:40 am

Now if only they bring back those super low fares to London again this year.

dcpatti Mar 16, 2010 7:28 am

Does anyone know if both parties on a PNR will get the double EQM if only one is the cardholder? So if I buy the tickets for myself and my boyfriend and the BP's have the appropriate DM numbers on it, do we both get EQM or is it just me? I'm planning on giviing them a ring anyway--- want to see if I can burn off my CP upgrade certs and pop over to the UK--- but might not be so hasty if it doesn't get us both the EQM.

RMINIONE Mar 16, 2010 8:02 am

I have to book 3 TATL trips next week and none of my destinations are listed-- Might have to go to Manchester instead of Glasgow on one of them

tommyleo Mar 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by uva185 (Post 13582981)

Actually, that was only true for the first week or two. After that, US got wise and cross-checked the booking dates. I know someone who flew to Europe and got double EQM on the departing flight but did not get double EQM on the return flight.

Good luck!!

Dan6681 Mar 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Nothing for London or Frankfurt? Hi demand or *A rules agreement?

cubs02 Mar 16, 2010 5:00 pm

???

am I confused or is there a contradiction in the small print, doesn't it say that this DOES NOT count for preferred miles?

ArizonaGuy Mar 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by cubs02 (Post 13589018)
am I confused or is there a contradiction in the small print, doesn't it say that this DOES NOT count for preferred miles?

Using a mastercard other than US Airways' branded card, it will NOT count as preferred. But right after that, it tells you that for double preferred preferred-qualifying, you must use your US Airways mastercard.

So...for me I'll book with my US card. For my wife, who never flies enough for status but gets miles from promos, I'll book her ticket separately with a different rewards based Mastercard.

rookieflyer Mar 16, 2010 9:49 pm

If you buy with your US MC do you get the 2x RDM and the EQM or just the eqm? If you were making this a MR then it would seem the 2x RDM would be the better option.. right?