FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Up to a 250% Holiday Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1020131-up-250-holiday-bonus.html)

pogonation Dec 9, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks. I have sent an email to US as well so that I can hopefully get the same reply and subsequently have it as evidence if anything went wrong ^

Thanks for address ^

pointsjunkie53 Dec 9, 2009 11:31 am

5 different store have posted to my account. thanks again was not one of them.

sure hope you guys are right that it will be 2.5 of the miles earned.

vysean Dec 9, 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 12955332)
Anyone managed to get an answer from US yet regarding whether DM shopping mall is 1 store or whether each shop counts as an individual store??

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 12955345)

Although I suspect it will work, I would not count on that written response from US as being an official view nor a guarantee that multiple purchases from the DM shopping mall will count as multiple unique partners for the purposes of this promotion (excepting those noted separately in the promotion webpage, such as Barnes & Noble).

ArizonaGuy Dec 9, 2009 11:37 am

For Thanks Again:

First, if your restaurant.com purchase isn't listed in the ThanksAgain website, you should contact them. Not a single purchase I've ever made there makes it into their system whether I use their own specific online mall or their "offline store locator" which they pointed me to when I first contacted them. They've always manually input the purchase for me.

Second, if the purchase is there, showing 3 miles per $1, be patient. It's usually transferred to US swiftly but it can also take up to 2 weeks in my personal experience.

derby44 Dec 9, 2009 12:44 pm

I made eight purchases---seven have posted---Sears ($5.00) gift card---which I have received--- is the only one not to post. Now let's hope the 250% bonus posts. My biggest are Trackitback and Sharebilder. Best of luck to all.

libuser Dec 9, 2009 12:51 pm

for real ?
i just sent them an email and thinking of doing the same to all the other merchants cause that really scares me...

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 12955436)
For Thanks Again:

First, if your restaurant.com purchase isn't listed in the ThanksAgain website, you should contact them. Not a single purchase I've ever made there makes it into their system whether I use their own specific online mall or their "offline store locator" which they pointed me to when I first contacted them. They've always manually input the purchase for me.

Second, if the purchase is there, showing 3 miles per $1, be patient. It's usually transferred to US swiftly but it can also take up to 2 weeks in my personal experience.

libuser Dec 9, 2009 1:06 pm

guys just want to report, thanksagain folks are superfast and replied within 5 mins. I told them my order number, and they manually posted the miles and told me that I should see them any second.
So make sure and email all merchants about missing miles and have them rush the miles.

BoeingBoy Dec 9, 2009 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 12955416)
Although I suspect it will work, I would not count on that written response from US as being an official view nor a guarantee that multiple purchases from the DM shopping mall will count as multiple unique partners for the purposes of this promotion (excepting those noted separately in the promotion webpage, such as Barnes & Noble).

I may have assumed wrong all along, but I thought that the DM Shopping Mall was just what US called their collection of partner merchants and not an entity itself - i.e. you can't buy anything from an entity named DM shopping mall since it doesn't exist, but rather buy things from partner merchants that are collectively called DM Shopping Mall by US.

Jim

Beckles Dec 9, 2009 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 12955416)

I personally think it will not work. First, I only put slightly more faith in what an email response says than a phone response, and that would be next to no faith instead of no faith.

I would expect that each of the listed merchants on the promotion page counts as one for the five needed to reach the 250% bonus level, so any of the individually listed stores can count as one, then any store not individually listed but part of Dividend Miles Mall is a single merchant.

Note that this is consistent with the way the recently completed Grand Slam promotion worked, Bose counted as a separate merchant even though they are part of the Mileage Mall, then all other Mileage Mall merchants counted as a single transaction together. The difference in this promotion is that many more of the merchants have been broken out separately for whatever reason, but I would still expect all those not listed separately to count under the Dividend Mile Mileage Mall singly.

BoeingBoy Dec 9, 2009 1:46 pm

According to the terms and conditions, you are correct Beckles:

"The US Airways Big Bonus Offer ('Offer') is available for transactions with participating Dividend Miles partners/stores listed on usairways.com/bigbonus only."

The usairways.com/bigbonus url takes one to the page describing the promotion and listing the participating merchants.

Jim

corrad Dec 9, 2009 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by libuser (Post 12955979)
guys just want to report, thanksagain folks are superfast and replied within 5 mins. I told them my order number, and they manually posted the miles and told me that I should see them any second.
So make sure and email all merchants about missing miles and have them rush the miles.

oh cool, that's helpful to know. Will fire off an email now. thanks.

The Mileage Millionaire Dec 9, 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by libuser (Post 12955979)

Wow. Thanks. They sent a personalized reply in 2 minutes, promising a resolution in 24 hours. Impresssive.

ExitRowAisle Dec 9, 2009 2:31 pm

Gift for College Sports Fans

I happened to see this the other day within magazines.com -- a partner that pays 15 miles per $ before bonuses.

http://www.magazines.com/search/list...hrules=default (By the way, don't use this link for ordering. You'll want to sign in through your US Airways account.)

It's effectively a book (one-issue subscription) about the history of a number of different college sports teams. I was told yesterday that my order would arrive before Christmas, but you probably should check yourself before taking the plunge.

$32.97 x 15 x 350% = 1,731 miles

This partner falls under the umbrella of the Shopping Mall.

The Mileage Millionaire Dec 9, 2009 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea (Post 12956335)
Wow. Thanks. They sent a personalized reply in 2 minutes, promising a resolution in 24 hours. Impresssive.

WOW. Even more impressive is that the miles went in my account in less than 1.5 hours. I didn't think that was even possible. Maybe it was a coincidence?

friedice Dec 9, 2009 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea (Post 12956335)

I've been waiting for a reply for over an hour. Maybe it's too much to expect, but I guess they went on a break right after they replied to you. :( :td: