FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Up to a 250% Holiday Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1020131-up-250-holiday-bonus.html)

nyc6035 Dec 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by trackitback (Post 13083744)
Correct and thanks! Can you tell I'm tired?

I imagine so. It's tough work printing off all those new TrackitBack stickers :)

AZ Travels the World Dec 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by trackitback (Post 13083744)
Correct and thanks! Can you tell I'm tired?

I can imagine.

Aren't you glad US didn't make this cut-off 12/31? What a way to spend a New Year's Eve, huh? :)

hazzardgal Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 13079045)
Sears and Omaha Steaks both post generically as Dividend Miles Shopping Mall, so my guess is that US Airways will see them as the same rather than unique merchants (you can fight later, but who wants to?)

Now, you're probably good to go. But if you don't want to fight, and because you're at this pretty late, and if your TrackItBack purchase is especially large, why not do another one that you know for sure posts as a uinique merchant, like OfficeMax? Or drugstore.com?

Again, depends on how much $$$ you're putting at stake.

I'm tired of fighting, I'm always late, and my TIB purchase wasn't large compared to many here but large for me! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm now extremely late as I didn't have a chance to check this thread during the day but I did an emergency Officemax purchase, fortunately I found things I forgot I needed that amounted to enough to get free shipping, so hopefully now I have at least 5 transactions that will post. Today Bose was backdated to the GS timeframe, so that's one less guarantee. *sigh*

GOP_Tiger Dec 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Aren't you glad US didn't make this cut-off 12/31?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I would bet that the real cutoff date IS 12/31. I'm guessing that the person at US who came up with the promotion thought that it would be good to build in a day at the end to catch transactions the evening of the 30th that retailers might stick with tomorrow's activity date -- and thus avoid a few enraged FTers. ;) Otherwise, why not make the cutoff 12/31, a more natural date. We'll see.

halothane Dec 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Jason,
Thanks for your presence in this thread during this promotion! It's greatly appreciated.

Halothane

fsfsfsfs Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm

22 more minutes until it's all over! I for one will be glad to remove the temptation to tack on more miles :)

12/5/2009 12/17/09 SHOPPING MALL, BARNES & NOBLE.COM
12/5/2009 12/17/09 SKYMALL ONLINE PURCHASE
12/7/2009 12/08/09 SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES
12/21/2009 12/22/09 THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD
12/23/2009 12/30/09 TRACKITBACK.COM WORRY-FREE TRAVEL MILES
12/28/2009 12/30/09 TRACKITBACK.COM WORRY-FREE TRAVEL MILES
12/29/2009 12/30/09 TRACKITBACK.COM WORRY-FREE TRAVEL MILES

indole Dec 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Well, December 30 has officially come and gone, at least in all TIB timezones. Now we can all get some rest until March 1, at which time there will be post after post of insane mileage awards or else equally insane talk of class action lawsuits.

fsfsfsfs Dec 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by indole (Post 13084514)
Well, December 30 has officially come and gone, at least in all TIB timezones. Now we can all get some rest until March 1, at which time there will be post after post of insane mileage awards or else equally insane talk of class action lawsuits.

Haha. How about a "Big Bonus Do" in which we all meet up in Tempe on March 1 and storm corp HQ if necessary? :p

Alternate location: Winnipeg to chill with TIB Jason.

indole Dec 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs (Post 13084531)
Haha. How about a "Big Bonus Do" in which we all meet up in Tempe on March 1 and storm corp HQ if necessary? :p

Alternate location: Winnipeg to chill with TIB Jason.

Oh! The Winnipeg idea is a great one. Everyone, from this point forward, please start scouring the usual sources for MR possibilities to YWG. In fact, arriving there by then we should even be able to see a decent amount of completed construction for the new terminal designed by César Pelli!

vysean Dec 31, 2009 12:03 am

Well I'm really confused about Sharebuilder. I was under the impression you got the miles just for registering/creating an account, but according to their site, it's after your first investment. Can anyone clarify based on personal experience? I see it has posted as "SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES".

I created two accounts, but both are locked up for review so I cannot purchase anything... :(

I've never been to Winnipeg. Is Jason based there or in Chicago? We could have a trackitback DO since I imagine a couple of you have purchased enough to give them a very nice holiday surprise. It might be nice to meet the people behind the product... :)

fsfsfsfs Dec 31, 2009 12:19 am

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13084649)
Well I'm really confused about Sharebuilder. I was under the impression you got the miles just for registering/creating an account, but according to their site, it's after your first investment. Can anyone clarify based on personal experience? I see it has posted as "SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES".

I created two accounts, but both are locked up for review so I cannot purchase anything... :(

I've never been to Winnipeg. Is Jason based there or in Chicago? We could have a trackitback DO since I imagine a couple of you have purchased enough to give them a very nice holiday surprise. It might be nice to meet the people behind the product... :)

I guess it depends on how they interpret "shopping" at a "store." The example in the T&C includes ShareBuilder, FWIW...

You must shop at 5 different stores to get a 250% bonus, for example FTD, Biscoff, ShareBuilder, macys.com and Vinesse, using the links provided in this email.
Jason, maybe you/TIB can take out some of your best customers for a few beers when we swarm over. Alternately, drinks are on us at the YWG Maple Leaf Lounge!

OverThereTooMuch Dec 31, 2009 12:22 am

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs (Post 13084696)
Jason, maybe you/TIB can take out some of your best customers for a few beers when we swarm over. Alternately, drinks are on us at the YWG Maple Leaf Lounge!

Are you trying to get him drunk so he'll agree to an 80mile/$ promo? :eek:

ArizonaGuy Dec 31, 2009 12:25 am

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13084649)

I almost can't help but laugh if this turns out to be more fine print misunderstanding, though I don't mean to make light of your possible misfortune. Especially if you were counting on that as one of the 5 partners.

I understood that the miles came from making the first purchase of any security with ShareBuilder, whether instant or through the automatic investment plan. At least that's what I understood when I used it during the Grand Slam promo.

vysean Dec 31, 2009 12:25 am

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 13084708)
Are you trying to get him drunk so he'll agree to an 80mile/$ promo? :eek:

I might be a fan of this... :p

vysean Dec 31, 2009 12:29 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13084717)
I almost can't help but laugh if this turns out to be more fine print misunderstanding, though I don't mean to make light of your possible misfortune. Especially if you were counting on that as one of the 5 partners.

Yeah, well my track record with reading the fine print is, well, not so good... ;) (or :()

It wasn't one of my five, but it was the cheapest one. I just had to call my brother (got him out of bed) to find out his SSN to create an account. And of course, I dutifully plugged in his FF# when asked for it. So after realizing my mistake I went in and fixed it - we'll see if it posts to his account or mine.

Uggh. No more promos for a while, unless they're really simple. I can't handle it... :mad::)