Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks again hit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Same experience here. If you email them, they request that you forward your receipt to them and then it gets posted within a day or two.
That's what I did the first time. After that i just forwarded them the resto.com confirmation email (as a first and only step) saving the initial back and forth.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Same experience here. If you email them, they request that you forward your receipt to them and then it gets posted within a day or two.

Yes, they ask you to forward your receipt even if you include it with the original email!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 1:10 pm

When I go through ThanksAgain website and choose a Restaurant, it takes me to restaurant.com website and asks for user id/password for that website. Is that how it's supposed to work? I thought since I am going from ThanksAgain and I am logged in there, the information should be passed on. If I have to create a user id at restaurant.com, will it count as a ThanksAgain hit?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by dzongrila
When I go through ThanksAgain website and choose a Restaurant, it takes me to restaurant.com website and asks for user id/password for that website. Is that how it's supposed to work? I thought since I am going from ThanksAgain and I am logged in there, the information should be passed on. If I have to create a user id at restaurant.com, will it count as a ThanksAgain hit?
I could be wrong - and I have not gotten my thanksagain hit yet - but I believe that you have to use the card that you registered with thanksagain and that you bought the restaurant.com gift certificate with. I believe it works like the dining program in that sense - in that your credit card is on file. Again, I may be wrong about this, but this is how I figure it works.

Also, I suppose it can't hurt to send in your restaurant.com confirmation + an attachment of your receipt once you dine at the restaurant. Again, use the same credit card for both, and the same credit card that you registered with both websites. If I'm wrong about this, somebody please let us know!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 1:37 pm

Sounds logical except that you have to send the receipt of your actual dining. Once I've bought the certificate, that receipt should be good enough. Anyway, I've sent their customer service an email. Will wait for a few responses on this forum as well.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
You don't have to send in a receipt from the actual restaurant. There is no requirement to actually use the restaurant.com certificate.

If after a few days, your purchase at restaurant.com doesn't show up in your thanksagain account, send them an email with a copy of your receipt from restaurant.com. They will credit your thanksagain hit within a day or two. It takes another few days for it to hit your US DM account after that.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 6:55 pm

ThanksAgain is who tracks your DM number and miles. Once you're logged in, select a restaurant which will take you to the Restaurant.com site. Buy a certificate there (after signing up if you haven't already). Once you purchase it, Restaurant.com will report it back to ThanksAgain, who will post the miles to your account.

It does not need to be the same credit card you registered with ThanksAgain (that's for shopping at bricks and mortar stores). However, the Restaurant.com certificate must be purchased by clicking through from the ThanksAgain site first.

For online purchases, ThanksAgain works essentially the same as the shopping mall.

Another alternative is iTunes, which you can get for $1.29. Again, be sure to click through from ThanksAgain before buying.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by alanh
It does not need to be the same credit card you registered with ThanksAgain (that's for shopping at bricks and mortar stores). However, the Restaurant.com certificate must be purchased by clicking through from the ThanksAgain site first.

For online purchases, ThanksAgain works essentially the same as the shopping mall.

Another alternative is iTunes, which you can get for $1.29. Again, be sure to click through from ThanksAgain before buying.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Didn't realize you could do iTunes through thanksagain! Will give it a try for a couple of the accounts I am managing!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Thanksagain is a very easy hit.
I did 3 hits for 3 thanksagain accounts by purchasing $0.99 itunes apps with 1 itunes account.
So, I can confirm that there's no need to use your registered card for itunes purchase (and other online merchant?)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:49 am

I also just made a purchase on iTunes (for $1.01). I know it takes a while before it shows up as miles on my DM account, but is there any confirmation before that happens, such as showing up in "recent activity" in my thanks again account?

EDIT: Never mind, I should have read the first page of this thread more thoroughly.

(According to a poster on the first page, points showed on thanksagain 2 days after purchase).

Last edited by aarif1; Oct 27, 2011 at 8:06 am
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:23 am

Here's the entries for my iTunes purchase:

10/4/2011 iTunes $1.29 1 10/10/2011

10/10/2011 10/12/11 THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD 1

9/30 was the original purchase date, so note that the US Airways activity date was 10 days later. If you still need to do a ThanksAgain hit, you need to get on it.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Question from a GS noob:
How do I make sure I get a hit from an airport restaurant/store purchase? I've a couple of work trips coming up, and figured I'd just buy water at the CNBC store. Will I get the hit if I register the card I use for purchases?
Thanks!
Not sure if I'm late replying here. I got 4 miles from the restaurant.com purchase (at least on Thanksagain.com it hasn't made it to US yet). Afterwards I made purchases at CNBC stores in JAX and PHL. Both show up on my Thanksagain.com acount, but with 0 miles rewarded for both. I am not sure what the deal is, I don't really need them, but I thought I would point it out.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by travellerK
Not sure if I'm late replying here. I got 4 miles from the restaurant.com purchase (at least on Thanksagain.com it hasn't made it to US yet). Afterwards I made purchases at CNBC stores in JAX and PHL. Both show up on my Thanksagain.com acount, but with 0 miles rewarded for both. I am not sure what the deal is, I don't really need them, but I thought I would point it out.
Purchases at the airport are tiered:

Earn 500 bonus miles/points when you spend $250 or more (2 miles/points per dollar spent)
Earn 1,500 bonus miles/points when you spend $500 or more (3 miles/points per dollar spent)
Earn 4,000 bonus miles/points when you spend $1,000 or more (4 miles/points per dollar spent)
Earn 25,000 bonus miles/points when you spend $5,000 or more (5 miles/points per dollar spent)
Spend is in 90 day chunks starting from enrollment date.

The online shopping, in comparison, is a no-minimum reward. Which is why no one here seems to be collecting a hit from shopping at the airport.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:21 pm

Double dipping? - thanks again & dining program

Has anyone successfully done this? A few posters in this forum have discussed their plans to buy a restaurant.com gift certificate through thanks again & then also get miles through the dining program in the same transaction. However, when I used my restaurant.com gift certificate - at a restaurant where I'm registered in the DM dining program, to see if it would give me credit - I did not receive the DM dining credit, despite receiving multiple dining credits for meals after this meal.

I assume this is because one of the program's terms (can't remember which, but I think it's DM dining) says that it cannot be combined with any promos or gift certificates, etc.

I'm wondering, though, if anyone has received dining miles credit for a meal purchased in part with the restaurant.com gift certificate?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:02 pm

Strictly speaking, you don't qualify for miles and the restaurant has a way of flagging discounted transactions so that you don't get DM Dining miles.

In practice, however, most people running the register aren't aware of this and just run it as a normal transaction so it earns miles anyway. Unfortunately, you may have run into one of the few that actually does flag non-eligible transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.