Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks again hit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by honu
I made my TA purchase (Restaurant.com) on 9/20, and nothing is showing yet, even on my TA account... ?
Then there's a problem, because they post very quickly:

9/19/2011 09/20/11 THANKS AGAIN MILEAGE AWARD 4

Contact TA customer service (via email) with the specifics of your transaction, including merchant & reference number. In past years, TA has been very good about resolving issues, usually same-day.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:13 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I did both the GC for a local restaurant and the facebook option. Got the facebook confirmed today via email
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:15 pm

I had to contact ThanksAgain CS to get the original credit (which now shows up in my TA account) and still haven't received the USAir credit. Contacted them again today and was told that, although it can be faster, it can take 4-6 weeks to post and to just wait. So far it has been 9 days. YMMV
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
If I joined a couple of years ago and the airline I have listed with them is delta, can i change it to US air?

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by Carter29072
If I joined a couple of years ago and the airline I have listed with them is delta, can i change it to US air?

Thanks!
You can join again with a new login name. I have Thanks Again accounts for both US and DL.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Good to know FALL is workign at 80%.
Its indeed working. Love it, got to triple dip.

$25.00 coupon for $2.00. Used at restaurant which does Dividend Miles Dining. On top of that, it was an Open Table Restaurant.

Open Table Point
Dividend Miles Dining
Thanks Again/Restaurant.com cert

Rock. On.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:42 pm

two hits for a restaurant.com purchase?

I made the (error?) of purchasing a restaurant.com cert via USAir shopping and got a credit of 11 miles for a $1 spend showing in my USAir account as:

shoppingmall, restaurant.com 11

So, this would be a hit for "USAir Shopping Mall"?

can I then go to ThanksAgain and login there and buy another certificate and this would/should credit as a hit for ThanksAgain?!

clarification appreciated
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newK2
I made the (error?) of purchasing a restaurant.com cert via USAir shopping and got a credit of 11 miles for a $1 spend showing in my USAir account as:

shoppingmall, restaurant.com 11

So, this would be a hit for "USAir Shopping Mall"?

can I then go to ThanksAgain and login there and buy another certificate and this would/should credit as a hit for ThanksAgain?!

clarification appreciated
Yes and yes.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by swag
Yes, it's that simple.

On 9/18, I joined TA and then I liked their page on FB.

Then I sent a regular email to that address, referencing the Facebook promo. I included
  • TA username
  • TA membership number (which matches my US acct #)
  • Facebook name (so they could verify the Like)

They replied by email within a few hours (and this was a Sunday):

A few days later, the 100 miles swept into my US account.

I followed these instructions to a tee and TA posted 100 points to my TA account. Now I'm hoping for a TA 'hit' when they sweep tomorrow.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
If you haven't gotten your Thanks Again hit, do it today! Restaurant.com is doing 90% off today only. $25 gift card for $1. Again Thursday, Sept 29 only... No promo code required.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:08 am

Question regarding posting

I made a Thanks Again purchase on 9/21/11 at Restaurant.com. The purchase shows up in my Thanks Again account with date of 9/23/11. It has not showed up in my US Airways account yet. Does anyone have any insight into when Thanks Again sweeps to Dividend Miles?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gottigotti
I made a Thanks Again purchase on 9/21/11 at Restaurant.com. The purchase shows up in my Thanks Again account with date of 9/23/11. It has not showed up in my US Airways account yet. Does anyone have any insight into when Thanks Again sweeps to Dividend Miles?
I bought restaurant.com certificate on 9/23 and it shows a 9/25 date awarded. Maybe that is the date they transferred to US Air? I have a feeling US Air is behind is posting partner activity since I haven't gotten any credit this week and should have some postings in there.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gottigotti
I purchased on 9/25, TA website shows award date of 9/27, but no US Air miles yet. I have had miles post this week from OTHER vendors, but not TA. I assume either US Air or TA are running behind due to increased postings. Give it time.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Dummy questions;
1. Doesnt thanks again send out signup e-mails to new members anymore? Or just long delay? Or because I unchecked e-mails maybe!?

2. Am I blind or is it impossible to remove a CC from thx again (even after added a new one)?

3. When clicking the restaurant.com link form thx again logged in, it brings the DM in a cookie? Is there any chance this DM will trump the DM in a thx again signed up afterwards, or is it important to clear cookies betwen doing 2 accts from same computer?

4. Does it matter how you pay restaurant.com, or is it the CC you use there who identifies the thx again acct and DM. = cant use paypal for restaurant.com = cant use diners for thx again as restaurant.com, dont allow Diners, = you cant use the same CC on several restaurant.com orders

Thanks again
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by travelkid
Dummy questions;
4. Does it matter how you pay restaurant.com, or is it the CC you use there who identifies the thx again acct and DM. = cant use paypal for restaurant.com = cant use diners for thx again as restaurant.com, dont allow Diners, = you cant use the same CC on several restaurant.com orders

Thanks again
I think it may count by the name on the credit card...I have tried 3 different ways to buy a $1 certificate through my daughter's TA account using my credit card. She gets the email but the email uses my name for the purchase. No credit for her account or mine. Would love to find a way around this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.