Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Slam 2011 registration is officially open

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Question Should you register for GS 2011 only after Sep 1?

Hi All,

I just went through this link:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...dslam-tcs.html

It says that registration begins on Sep 1st and I am wondering, if I registered myself at a wrong time. I used one of the links from FT to register:
http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=GS11

Can someone comment if I am going to be eligible or not?
If not, is there a way to unsubscribe myself before the 1st of September?
Please help.

~RamKashyap
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
You're good. Just print out your confirm. At the bottom, above your name, it will say that you are now registered.

Mike
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Mike: Can you tell me where should I verify this? I did not get you completely. I browsed through my profile and I do not see that.
Also, as per the T&C it says registration opens on the 1st of September. If we register now, do we need to submit the registration again after Sep 1?

My only concern is I do not want to get myself kicked out of the promotion because of something like this.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: Dividend Miles Gold, HHonors Gold, Delta Sky Miles
Originally Posted by carsonheim
Bob! YAY! Exciting to see you here.
CC,

Thank you. My first post ends up being a clunker. Ah well, this is why my wife calls me Captain Oblivious. I'll try to do better with my next post.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ramkashyap
Mike: Can you tell me where should I verify this? I did not get you completely. I browsed through my profile and I do not see that.
Also, as per the T&C it says registration opens on the 1st of September. If we register now, do we need to submit the registration again after Sep 1?

My only concern is I do not want to get myself kicked out of the promotion because of something like this.
You can call US Airways (Dividend Miles) and confirm that you are registered for the promotion.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I have regiStered four times and it has thanked me for registering but no confirmation email.
I just read you have to register from sept 1 but other have said they have received confirmation.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I just read you have to register from sept 1 but other have said they have received confirmation.
Who said they've received confirmation? I don't recall seeing any such posts.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I asked previously a while back week or so and people told me to wait a couple of days for confirmation
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't count on getting a confirmation sent to you. Here's an alternative:

When you register, it brings you right back to that registration page. The only difference is, toward the bottom of the page and right above where you enter your name, email, etc., you should see "! You have successfully registered for this promotion. Thank you for choosing US Airways."

Print this page.

Mike
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by xlax
So do I! It seems to me this is the difference between a free hit and causing an empty house for a Led Zepelin lyric reading event in Berkeley. Any thoughts on this?

Xlax

P.s. For you Zepelin fans, I am not aware of any such event, being offered by Audience Rewards or otherwise. Sorry if I got your hopes up.
Oh, <snap!>. And here I was, all ready for a night of envisioning a bunch of kittens acting out the Immigrant Song.

Last edited by dwcatty; Aug 30, 2011 at 8:05 pm Reason: woo hoo! My 500th post!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dwcatty
Oh, <snap!>. And here I was, all ready for a night of envisioning a bunch of kittens acting out the Immigrant Song.
Congrats on 500!

Okay, a bit OT, but if I had ever tried to dress my cat up like a viking, that axe would be through my head. Thanks for the laugh!

Mike
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:30 am

Registration confirmed

Got an official email from USAirways this AM saying start earning miles Sept 14 - you are registered. I registered August 29, so I guess it was OK to register before the official Sept 1 date.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by flyerfan22
Got an official email from USAirways this AM saying start earning miles Sept 14 - you are registered. I registered August 29, so I guess it was OK to register before the official Sept 1 date.
I didn't register at all, and got the email today saying I was already registered.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I didn't register at all, and got the email today saying I was already registered.
Same here. Haven't registered but received the email stating I'm already registered.

A friend of mine got the same email. We're both CP which may or maynot make a difference.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Sabre1
Same here. Haven't registered but received the email stating I'm already registered.

A friend of mine got the same email. We're both CP which may or maynot make a difference.
I have zero status with US, nor have I participated in Grand Slam in the past, nor have I purchased miles before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.